DanishSoup

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
New cinema version
CHANGES:

• Ropes redesigned and now their collision is reduced
  • The sand area has been redesigned. Fixed the geometry, easy exit on the water, no glass, taller walls
  • All teleporters have func_nobuild but the tape room will allow you to build only a dispenser on the teleport
  • Teleporters also bring you to the floor instead of high up in the air
  • Texture fixes
  • Removed some trees on the sand and dirt boarder for visibility
DL: https://www.mediafire.com/file/17brr140ct524vq/vsh_cinema_fix_21_1.bsp/file

Skep

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
+1 fixes alot of issues with the current one, but im sorry to say there is really nothing you can do to make cinema a fun map for 80% of the players, since yes there are the 20% of players that shit talk any map that isn't turret testing

MANBEAROW | OW OW OW

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
+1

I did a few tests on this and I wanted to ask: are we aiming to eliminate telefragging through the teleporter rooms?

Testing with a player I get like a 50/50 chance I enter and I move forward a little bit, only for a red to stick me over a teleporter. I've avoided it every time I've entered and not moved forward though.

DanishSoup

Contributor
+1

I did a few tests on this and I wanted to ask: are we aiming to eliminate telefragging through the teleporter rooms?

Testing with a player I get like a 50/50 chance I enter and I move forward a little bit, only for a red to stick me over a teleporter. I've avoided it every time I've entered and not moved forward though.
I’m aiming to remove all cheap telefragging spots on the map. As for your second paragraph, could you send me some sort of demo or recording of this?

DanishSoup

Contributor
+1 fixes alot of issues with the current one, but im sorry to say there is really nothing you can do to make cinema a fun map for 80% of the players, since yes there are the 20% of players that shit talk any map that isn't turret testing
Yeah I figured that out sadly. The problem with cinema is its design itself. The whole map needs a redesign to fix its problems and its map leakage. These fixes are mostly for making cinema more tolerable and not a cheap map to easily win against bosses