CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
We lost 2-0. Another close one (first half not as much as the second) and another one where we were using a ringer and a backup, not to mention not having any scrims because the one scrim we could do this past week (for Steel) was with a team whose team lead decided that he wanted to delay it by a half hour the day before the scrim... and then by another half hour the day OF the scrim... and then not show up.

Meanwhile, I had to turn down a scrim with a team that would have actually shown up because that time slot was taken.

Sorry for the rant, but seriously WTF. We're going into these matches with no practice simply because of, well... BS.

http://logs.tf/500637?highlight=76561198059791435
http://logs.tf/500678?highlight=76561198059791435

Edit: Also note that this is another case where we out-DM'd the enemy. Our DM's good, but this lack of scrims is killing us.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Even then, their spy was visibly frustrated.
Having the 2nd best KA/D on your team in the first half must be terribly frustrating.

One of those was also during our cap of E and he just stabbed someone. So really it was 2 in the first round.
Having heals when you are trying to cap E is just not important at all.

Second round was the same in that we capped D and he got our med but they were wiped so it really did not matter.
Uber advantage is over-rated.

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
Even after the match was delayed by a day, we won by ff. GG (only 2.5 match points tho ;( )

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
Even after the match was delayed by a day, we won by ff. GG (only 2.5 match points tho ;( )

That feel when I've been scrimming your team and I didn't even realize it.

Was a good scrim. Can't wait for the next one, where we'll hopefully actually have our insanely OP Demoman.

Well, one of our insanely OP Demomen. And I won't freeze in midair for a full minute.

Edit: Yes, future mentions will be in private messages.

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
That feel when I've been scrimming your team and I didn't even realize it.

Was a good scrim. Can't wait for the next one, where we'll hopefully actually have our insanely OP Demoman.

Well, one of our insanely OP Demomen. And I won't freeze in midair for a full minute.

Edit: Yes, future mentions will be in private messages.

I realized that as well, you guys are a good team. We unfortunately are having issues with some of our current members, so who knows what it will look like down the road!

P.S. GL; HF in the rest of your season.

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
I realized that as well, you guys are a good team. We unfortunately are having issues with some of our current members, so who knows what it will look like down the road!

P.S. GL; HF in the rest of your season.

I think you guys are the better team, with our individual players having a better DM, on average. It's a shame that you guys are having problems, as it looks like you're doing really well. I hope you can get it all sorted out. And I hope you do well as well, but if it's a choice of one or the other, I hope you have fun more than that.

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
How do you guys feel about Gully this week? My team is having some trouble with their holds, and occasionally midfights. Our DM is good, but strategies are lacking.

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Team is doing pretty meh but it's because we are scrimming teams that are equal to our opponent. We need a lot of work in little time so I can't say I'm confident, but I can say stranger things have happened on this stupid stalemate of a map.

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
How do you guys feel about Gully this week? My team is having some trouble with their holds, and occasionally midfights. Our DM is good, but strategies are lacking.

I feel like Gullywash it a pretty basic map, especially compared to Steel. It all comes down to where you go and, after the initial midfight, there seems to me to be an objective "best" place to go for each class. As long as you're going where you should go and doing what you should do, it's not an issue. If things aren't going your way, there are riskier ways of doing things, but if you can beat out the enemy team with DM and teaming up, then it seems to me that the standard is the way to go.

That's how I view it, at least.

Last edited:

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Gullywash is a very stalemate-y map. Last is a bitch to push into, and a bitch to push out of. Backcaps are standard as one of the main ways to cap last. (Which is stupid), and no one bothers to slow push. So literally its whoever wins midfight or counterpush, takes second, then holds lobby til both teams have uber, pushing team gets a pick, pushes in, either wins or loses a few, backs out and sits there again, since defending team has to full wipe to recap second.

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Apparently they are just going to reuse old ones. Like season 9 or season 11

CDAWG

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
OHHHHHHHH MY BOYS OUT ON DMS MOVED UP TO SILVER!!!! Hope they can take down freaking EZ$

CocoaNut Cakery

Gore-Spattered Heavy
We lost.

This one wasn't as close, as we ended up on the defensive most of the times. We did manage to push them back to last and we won most of the mid fights. We just needed more scrims and we couldn't get any because the jackass of a Demoman that decided that he couldn't play anymore five hours before the match was unavailable on weekends. We've got standing appointments for scrims now, though, and it will be at least twice per week (probably more like three times per week), so we should be good. Had to take a hit to our average skill level, though, as our replacement Demoman isn't quite as good as the last Demomen we've been using.

There were so many problems that we had that we would have been able to fix with just 1-2 more scrims. Some of which we actually discussed during halftime and tried to correct, in fact. Just... oi.

http://logs.tf/509752?highlight=76561198059791435