Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Truces should be at the end of every surf map. A lot of people don't follow it since it's not on the rules so is there any way to put it up and enforce it?

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i use a sticky jumper to help traverse through certain maps. you're telling me i have to choose between invincibility or being able to fire my gun?
Yep.

Maybe bottiger could make passive weapons sush as though available in god mode, but I consider the jumpers to be cheating.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
i use a sticky jumper to help traverse through certain maps. you're telling me i have to choose between invincibility or being able to fire my gun?
you're not learning anything if you're using a weapon to get through a surf map

GhostDragon505

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
you're not learning anything if you're using a weapon to get through a surf map
on a scale of 1-10 for adaptability, i'd give myself a generous 2/10. I'd learn if i could get used to the surfing, but even after a year in other surf maps i still can't get it

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
on a scale of 1-10 for adaptability, i'd give myself a generous 2/10. I'd learn if i could get used to the surfing, but even after a year in other surf maps i still can't get it
maybe you just need someone to teach you?

I know I'm bad but I'm only able to do what I can because of a friend.

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Same response could be used to your complaint about getting killed :confused:
here the difference.
you can kill on almost ANY OTHER server.
surf servers are made for SURFING. I want top SURF. If I want to kill, ill go on any other server.

HeadfulOfSandvich

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
you can still be killed while surfing by snipers or anyone with a gun really
And who exactly are you afraid will shoot you while you're surfing?
Maybe bottiger could make passive weapons sush as though available in god mode, but I consider the jumpers to be cheating.
I can beat the majority of the maps on the surf server without the jumpers. That doesn't mean that using the jumpers while surfing isn't more fun or less fun for other people. I use the jumpers purely because of the enjoyment of seeing how fast I can go while constantly boosting myself with the rocket jumper.
how about we get REAL surf maps instead of combat surf maps? so we don't have to deal with jail bs
and how many people would that drag off of the surf server, do you think, ruelel? You've been on there before, and the jail is one of the biggest reasons we have people on our surf servers.
here the difference.
you can kill on almost ANY OTHER server.
surf servers are made for SURFING. I want top SURF. If I want to kill, ill go on any other server.
This is you. Here is somebody else's opinion, the opinion that embodies how MOST people, not all, MOST, feel about our surf servers:
what's the fun of getting stuck in jail with godmode?
"Oh i got stuck in the jail, guess i'll just kill myself instead of having sort of a standoff with anyone else who failed just like I did."
that sucks the fun out of it in my eyes
SO do you understand now? People use our surf servers for death-match AT THE VERY LEAST as much as others use it for surfing. If yall want to cut off half of the traffic that server gets, and remove a lot of many people's favorite mechanics so that we can be the MLG SurfiT 2.0 server, then fine, take Seth's suggestion. OR, take mine, and accomplish the same exact shit without losing server traffic.

HeadfulOfSandvich

Contributor
The truces need to be enforced cuz a lot of noobs go to the server and kill everything they see
If they're noobs, how are they getting to the end of the surf maps anyway? I think you should stop getting killed at the end of surf maps, or go engi so that once you get there you can set a tele (yaknow, since the server has insta-spawn and all that)

Bottiger

Administrator
I think every surf map we have is meant to have combat in it. That's why there's a jail, and reaching the end of the surf gives you better locations to kill people.

It is really hard to kill someone while you are surfing, and if someone is spawn camping, they are quickly killed because respawn is instant.

HeadfulOfSandvich

Contributor
I think every surf map we have is meant to have combat in it. That's why there's a jail, and reaching the end of the surf gives you better locations to kill people.

It is really hard to kill someone while you are surfing, and if someone is spawn camping, they are quickly killed because respawn is instant.
this

takethepants

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Still want a straight answer on this

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I think every surf map we have is meant to have combat in it..
Some people want to surf
That's why there's a jail, and reaching the end of the surf gives you better locations to kill people.
But what if I don't want to kill people and just surf? This is why I like my idea - People who come to the server to fight- can. NOTHING is stopping them. While the people who just want to surf can.
Now here is a HUGE flaw- all it takes is an engineer to get to the end and set up a tele, then suddenly all of their team is in your spawn.