Fairnessplease

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Usually I'm a pretty good spy, but I find it quite ridiculous how whenever I am playing spy, and as I soon as I sap a teleport, they turn around instantly and look at you and attack you. Especially the heavy bots, they seem to be instantly turn around if you sap something or uncloak behind, even from a far distance. Although I play engineer, lots of people on Goldrush have complained about this. I'll try and add a video of them or better yet, one of you guys can go at night when the Goldrush server is filled with bots and find out for your self.

Thank you so much for reading.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
Same with you, hopefully we can share out deepest darkest secrets and braid each others hair once we become friends again.

On topic: I ask some of the admins to test this from a FAR distance when sapping/uncloaking and at a NEAR distance when sapping/uncloaking to get a better picture of what I'm saying. I'd take a video but my program is broken atm.

I don't think i can ever forgive you for insulting me. I was just trying to help. But you felt the need to hurt me.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor

As Biggie quoted, the bots are of extremely low skill level. Lowering their skill level would just make it easier for enemy players using weapons that benefit from kills or damage such as the Eyelander, Concheror or Buff Banner to achieve their goal. I can't say for sure but I'm fairly certain that their reaction time is conjoined with their skill level so it's not worth the time to code them separately if very little people have an issue with it (also as Botty said). A part of being a skilled Spy is planning and knowing how to execute your plan. For example, people choose to sap a sentry then attempt to kill the engineer but an engineer knows when his building is sapped immediately so advanced player backstab the engineer, pull out the sapper and sap the sentry, then shoot it with a revolver so it dies faster, timing also plays a key factor as you need to find the time to execute the stab.

Reactions: 185db

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

Bots have always been good at killing spies, even Valve's lowest level bots.
It's just something you have to get used to... no reason to change.