Fairnessplease

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Usually I'm a pretty good spy, but I find it quite ridiculous how whenever I am playing spy, and as I soon as I sap a teleport, they turn around instantly and look at you and attack you. Especially the heavy bots, they seem to be instantly turn around if you sap something or uncloak behind, even from a far distance. Although I play engineer, lots of people on Goldrush have complained about this. I'll try and add a video of them or better yet, one of you guys can go at night when the Goldrush server is filled with bots and find out for your self.

Thank you so much for reading.

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
If an engineer building gets sapped while a normal player is facing away from it, there isn't a very high chance they will turn around and instantly shoot the nearest person to the building. A lot of people who dont actually see a building get sapped on their screen just ignore it because someone else is probably looking.

Fairnessplease

He means that the bots sensititvity has already been turned down.

I still think it needs to be turned down more, they literally turn to you fast. I ask some of you to go in Goldrush at night sometime this week with Bots and try it out yourself. They react super fast against spies.

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
Here's a quote from bottiger.

The bots are really bad. If you are getting outplayed by one, you are doing something really wrong.

An average player has a rating of 1500, a bot has a rating of 900.

Could they act more naturally? Sure, but we just don't have the resources to spend 50 programming hours to fix something that very few people have an issue with. There is no option for us to just change a bot's skill level by changing a 10 to a 1 for example.

People hate bots, but they hate an empty server even more, they just don't say anything when the server is empty and just leave. This is something we've learned in the almost 8 years we've been hosting tf2.

Source: https://www.skial.com/threads/servers-and-bots.67321/#post-688207

Fairnessplease

Ok, but really I'm not a bad player. I'm actually a very decent spy and anyone here who has seen me play spy knows how good of a spy I am. My tactics are good, but the thing is that I'm just talking about the reaction time of bots, and it should be increased. But really, I understand your quote. Thank you for sharing it.

Peace.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Ok, but really I'm not a bad player. I'm actually a very decent spy and anyone here who has seen me play spy knows how good of a spy I am. My tactics are good, but the thing is that I'm just talking about the reaction time of bots, and it should be increased. But really, I understand your quote. Thank you for sharing it.

Peace.
if you were a decent spy quick reaction time on bots wouldn't really be much of an issue

Fairnessplease

if you were a decent spy quick reaction time on bots wouldn't really be much of an issue

I am a decent spy, and anyone in the server I play in knows how much of a decent spy I am. None of you are understanding that when I play spy, and I decide to un-cock myself, the bots turn around in a matter of a second, and attack me. The same thing goes for when I sap something, they instantly turn around.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I am a decent spy, and anyone in the server I play in knows how much of a decent spy I am. None of you are understanding that when I play spy, and I decide to un-cock myself, the bots turn around in a matter of a second, and attack me. The same thing goes for when I sap something, they instantly turn around.
If they turn around when you un-cloak yourself it's because you're doing it too close to them, they can hear it just like a player would

Fairnessplease

If they turn around when you un-cloak yourself it's because you're doing it too close to them, they can hear it just like a player would

I said in my thread multiple times that I un-cloaked myself from a FAR distance and they were still able to see me instantly.