• Yes

Votes: 24 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters

RisenDemon

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I would go for the "Can't build" so that anyone can join and look rather than join and grief.
I would apply for admin, but seeing as how I don't have a legitimate client and the fact that hardly anyone recognizes me I probably wouldn't make a good admin anyways.

Particle Man

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
I haven't played on Skial's MC server yet, but I find that "can't build" whitelists tend to work better for making people want to play (they don't have to join a whitelist just to see what the server is like), but "can't join" whitelists keep the griefers out.

Lycius

Uncharitable Spy
Contributor
Treebombtm

hollow out the dirt from under a tree and place a pressure plate and TNT under the logs.

When a player breaks the bottom log; the block falls onto the Pplate and sets off the TNT

VOILA!
Oh my god I need to do that sometime.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
Hold Alt and press 0153 on the numpad to type ™, fyi.

Since everyone prefers the "anti-build" type whitelist, anyone have any suggestions for a good plugin to do that? The last one we had worked but it was kind of a trainwreck. Bottiger had to write a plugin just to make it work.

Particle Man

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Since everyone prefers the "anti-build" type whitelist, anyone have any suggestions for a good plugin to do that? The last one we had worked but it was kind of a trainwreck. Bottiger had to write a plugin just to make it work.
I know if you mess around with permissions you can have "Guest" (no building at all) "Player" (building) and "Admin" (Self explanatory, really).

Roman

Banned
Contributor
Promoting in Permissions is a pain. Last I checked, there was no good way to do it in-game, which is where 99% of admins will have access.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
By the way, what other plugins do you use in the server?
ineedtocleanthisupsometime.png

If it ends in .jar, it's active. I had to do some troubleshooting the other day so a lot of these are disabled.
"whitelister" is Bottiger's duct-tape fix for the old server.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
I'll definitely check these out. I'll have to test with something like EssentialsProtect, which is documented as well as a whore's vagina.

BadGuy

Server-Clearing Cynic
sooooooo what are some commands on the server? Im stuck in black snowy limbo and have no idea how to get out
repoman1989 if you need to whitelist again

arcaspiff

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
its because the game keeps crashing, because millions of people are trying to log on at once.

Roman

Banned
Contributor
Me: We need more people!
Engie: I'll spam an event!
Me: NO NO NO TOO MANY PEOPLE WHY IS IT CRASHING
People: fix this shit
Bottiger: Minecraft problem?