goobergato

Unremarkable User
got muted for playing music in a skial lobby, nobody told me to stop, and when some guy voted for me to be muted and gaged most people said no

i get music could count as spam, yet the music i was playing werent loud or annoying music, just regular nintendo music from kirby super star and mario kart wii which people liked.

also who DOESNT like music, the main issue with tf2 is the lack of music in matches. And if people dont like music playing, it doesnt take much to mute their ingame voice.

Having music could also improve performance, instead of having a (possibly) resource hogging chrome tab up with music. And also, who could go wrong with mario kart wii music?

so i give you this, if someone is playing music, the mod can call a vote if to mute or gag said person instead of instantly muting them, let the players enjoy the game

also yeah idk the difference between a mute and a gag

TLDR: Music should be allowed in servers as long as people are ok with it. And if people dont like the music, its super simple to just mute their ingame voice.

MrLupin

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Contributor
got muted for playing music in a skial lobby, nobody told me to stop, and when some guy voted for me to be muted and gaged most people said no

i get music could count as spam, yet the music i was playing werent loud or annoying music, just regular nintendo music from kirby super star and mario kart wii which people liked.

also who DOESNT like music, the main issue with tf2 is the lack of music in matches. And if people dont like music playing, it doesnt take much to mute their ingame voice.

Having music could also improve performance, instead of having a (possibly) resource hogging chrome tab up with music. And also, who could go wrong with mario kart wii music?

so i give you this, if someone is playing music, the mod can call a vote if to mute or gag said person instead of instantly muting them, let the players enjoy the game

TLDR: Music should be allowed in servers as long as people are ok with it. And if people dont like the music, its super simple to just mute their ingame voice.
I understand why you want this, but I don’t see it happening. Sorry.

yansi

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor

So let me get this straight on what I’m hearing

You want to be able to play you’re shitty music on skial and you don’t want to be punished by it. It doesn’t matter if it’s against the rules that are ALWAYS AVAILABLE to see, you want to do it because “haha funny music who don’t like music everybody likes music”

Stay mad that you got muted, cause it’s clear with this suggestion that the mic-spammers never learn their ways. Cause you are as dense and as illiterate as another one else muted cause of this

BadmanoftheBrine

Banned
Contributor
+1

Dependant on if no-one is complaining and enjoys it. If even one person is not enjoying it, then noone should have to listen to it.

!ignore (and in-game mute) is an option, but micspam is still an offence.

At the very least, I do feel like we could cut offences with acceptable amounts of non-ear-rapey soundboard usage, providing they don't interrupt trade chat, and that it's limited to Trade as a whole. Would be very repetitive on any other server of Skial.

That said, I feel like you should become more involved with Skial and obey the rules before being taken seriously. It's like when I applied for admin after getting a ban. No music till otherwise stated.

Praetorian

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Contributor
Not open for further replies.

Bottiger​

Administrator​

Aug 19, 2011

Rules

These actions may result in bans, silences, or other punishments.

Examples are listed. But just because you don't see something here does not mean it is not included. Every single thing is not listed because the rules are so long that most people don't read it all and we cannot think of every possible problem.

• Spamming. Examples:
    • Advertising other TF2 servers or Skial competitors.
    • Telling people to boycott Skial.
    • Reporting people that aren't breaking the rules.
    • Calling random votes, even on yourself.
    • Music is not allowed on voice chat.

I don't believe there is a compromise on this issue. If one plays their tunes, then it opens up a strong probability others will join in .

Last edited:

Stove™

Positively Inhumane Poster
See, it used to be allowed a long time ago. Music being played was up to a server consensus. Playing annoying sounds was still considered micspam.

Then they changed the rule because playing music through TF2's crunchy voice chat is just as annoying as playing random micspammy sounds. In my experience, a majority of players just muted the people playing music anyway so it's pretty obvious that most people aren't big fans of it.

-1, there's no reason to allow this. This is a first-person shooter, not a night club.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
78rpm shellacs, if taken care of + the correct equipment can actually sound pretty good lol
It's very crisp sounding and the sound the stylus makes when it touches the record is so satisfying. I'd listen to a loop of that over some dogwater micspammer in tf2 playing "HEAVY HAS SEX WITH MEDICK" for the 1000th time with xbox microphone quality.

yansi

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
-1 my great grandfather's phonograph plays higher quality music
Blown-subwoofer-Featured-Image-Smaller.jpg

I had better sounding music come out of this then in tf2's voice chat.