Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I want to try kickstart this app, and you seem competent enough to answer some basic questions.

1. I enter the server and say Hey in chat. I am met with; Sargent: Sup Nigga. Toxik: Hey nigger, how are ye? Feral: Sup faggot
    • Who would you punish, if anyone, and what command would you use? It's all their first offence. (Use your own SteamID)
  2. A player kills you repeatedly on the opposite team as a sniper. You use sm_spec to watch them and you get a comfortable idea they are walling, but you are not 100%, maybe 85%?
    • How would you handle this?
    • If you issue a punishment, what command would you use? Use your own SteamID.
  3. You enter a trade server and there are 3 players who you banned previously all on mic and typing in chat. All of them begin to target you, calling you a shit admin and a horrible person, nothing more. One of them plays ear-rape music each time you speak to drown you out.
    • How would you handle this?
    • If you issue a punishment, what command would you use? Use your own SteamID.
    • Each of them has been banned twice previously, and muted once previously.
@soos

soos

TF2 Admin
Answer 1:

Sargent would not be punished as he used the term "Nigga" in a positive/neutral manor in greeting me

Feral would also not be punished as the term "Faggot" is not a racist term (and the rules state if its repeatedly said towards someone then it becomes a problem)

However, Toxik using "The Hard R" would be silenced using the following command:

sm_silence “#[U:1:335981712]” 1440 “racism”

Answer 2:

Seeing as how I am 85% sure, I honestly wouldn't go and ban the player seeing as how i might have some amount of doubt in my mind, only if I was 100% sure then I would.

But for procedure, if I was 100% sure that he was walling, I would:

• Prepare the player’s steam id #[U:1:335981712] (for myself) in case they leave the server after being suspicious, then if I happen to make my decision.

• Record a demo with sufficient footage (probably name it after his name and what he was using)

• Since skial has a no tolerance policy for hackers so the command I would use is
    sm_ban “#[U:1:335981712]” 0 “Hacking”

Answer 3:

Seeing as 2 of the 3 players are only “Using mic” (assuming they aren't saying anything racist) they should be fine, there is no need for a punishment. If they are angry at me for banning them previously, they need to get over it, shit happens and it's best to learn from your mistakes so that it doesn't happen again. They were the ones breaking the rules in the first place.

On the other hand, the third player playing earrape music overtop of me would be muted. The command would be:

sm_silence “#[U:1:335981712]” 4320 “Earrape Music”

(This is the 3 day mute, as bans and mutes do not stack, if it was a ban it would be a month, not 3 days)

That should be it.

Reactions: Xantam

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Answer 2: If I was 85% sure someone was hacking, I'd follow standard procedure and get a demo then speak to the team to re-review it. 85% confidence is quite strong and deserves a bit more attention. But I am super happy you only ban on 100% confidence.
Answer 3: Not to mention the guy was playing music on a trade server, regardless of ear-rape (which strictly, isn't against the rules).

But the above is being picky, good answers and you got the gist of what is and isn't allowed, commands are good, great work.

+1, would love to get this some more feedback so it can progress.

Fr4gFronti3r

Mildly Menacing Medic
Nicely done Soos, best of luck.

From what I read, you seem like a nice and level headed person.

Strong +1 from me

Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
I've spoken to Sargent, I've decided to put you on the final stage "considering".

FYI: Bans and silences can and do stack :).

Pansmith

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Master Mapper
This is it soos!

I Can’t believe I forgot to +1 this!

Last edited:

ArayhMD

TF2 Admin
Contributor
On the other hand, the third player playing earrape music overtop of me would be muted. The command would be:

sm_silence “#[U:1:335981712]” 4320 “Earrape Music”

(This is the 3 day mute, as bans and mutes do not stack, if it was a ban it would be a month, not 3 days)

That should be it.

Just wanted to specify bans and silences do stack with eachother, so if it’s 2 bans and 1 mute, this would be the 4th offense which would make it 1 month.

Otherwise +1.