Xantam

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Most active staff have contributed to this thread and there have been no negatives what so ever that I can see.

Your record is clean, your chat is clean, you have a ton of support, both players you have influenced and staff who are around you.

I am more than happy to mark this on the final bench of "Considering", which I will do.

I do however want to ask you 3 more questions. I like to be thorough, I hope you don't mind. No rush for these.

1. You're sitting on the new trade map, both Toxik and Feral are playing on the server too. Toxik got reported a week ago by Feral. The report got denied. As a result, Toxik is angry and overtalks Feral on microphone each time she attempts to talk. You are unsure if she is even trying to trade because you never get to hear her. Feral then puts in text-chat that she is wanting to sell her hat and gives up on the mic.
    • How do you deal with this, if anything at all? Both players involved have completely clean records.
    • If you issue a punishment, please list the command exactly, using your steam ID if you need to.
  2. You log into 2fort and spawn on the red team. The enemy is spawn camping the main spawn. You notice that I am on the server and have been there for 10+ hours with no points. I continuously is walk forwards as soon as I spawn, outside the door. Then gets killed, respawns, and repeats.
    • How do you deal with this, if anything at all? This user has a clean record.
    • If you issue a punishment, please list the command exactly, using my steam ID if you need to.
  3. You overhear Biggie on the server you're playing on mention something they found, you are unsure exactly what they are talking about but they mention they can use it to benefit their game. Biggie says "It's not cheating if it's coded this way right?" - after watching it turns out they found a spot that they can hide in and taunt kill without being killed themselves from any bullets or rockets. But spies for some reason can face stab them to death.
    • How do you deal with this, if anything at all? This user has been banned twice before, for exploiting maps.
    • If you issue a punishment, please list the command exactly, using Biggies steam ID if you need to.
@OrphAnne

OrphAnne

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
You're sitting on the new trade map, both Toxik and Feral are playing on the server too. Toxik got reported a week ago by Feral. The report got denied. As a result, Toxik is angry and overtalks Feral on microphone each time she attempts to talk. You are unsure if she is even trying to trade because you never get to hear her. Feral then puts in text-chat that she is wanting to sell her hat and gives up on the mic.
I'd start by reminding Toxik not to interrupt trades but as she -was- trying to trade and he's interrupting her on purpose, he would receive a one day silence with the command: sm_silence "#[U:1:48453547]" 1440 "interrupting trade advertisement"
You log into 2fort and spawn on the red team. The enemy is spawn camping the main spawn. You notice that I am on the server and have been there for 10+ hours with no points. I continuously is walk forwards as soon as I spawn, outside the door. Then gets killed, respawns, and repeats.
I'd try talking to you first to determine ..wtf is going on. Are you even at your keyboard..? Did you get frustrated and give up? My initial reaction is that you are griefing your team by not actually doing anything to help your team get out of the spawn.
If you don't respond, still continue to move, it looks like you're bypassing the AFK manager, resulting in a one day ban - command sm_ban "#[U:1:54968694]" 1440 "afk bypass"
If you complain you don't know how to get out of spawn with them camping, we can just talk through that, changing up class/building uber to push etc.
If you refuse to push or help, the punishment would be a ban via sm_ban "#[U:1:54968694]" 1440 "griefing"
You overhear Biggie on the server you're playing on mention something they found, you are unsure exactly what they are talking about but they mention they can use it to benefit their game. Biggie says "It's not cheating if it's coded this way right?" - after watching it turns out they found a spot that they can hide in and taunt kill without being killed themselves from any bullets or rockets. But spies for some reason can face stab them to death.
I'd have to begin with a stern warning against map exploits. If it continues, this would be Biggie's third offense for map exploits => sm_ban "#[U:1:92686287]" 10080 "map exploit"

Thank you everyone for the feedback thus far. ;)

Butthead

Mildly Menacing Medic
This is Giant (1956 film).

Anne would be an excellent admin. She brings a tremendous level of professionalism to the server and treats everyone fairly. I can't think of anyone else who would be a better admin for Skial who I have played with in my time playing tf2.

Josthin

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Committed to the community and its rules, she will be a great admin! :beercheers::beercheers:

uppe-r

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
uh
I call yall's attention to some DIRT I've noticed on anne's chatlogs recently
Calling votemenu bans for things like friendlyin? I only see 1 recent report after a FAILED votemenu ban
Just look up "vote" on her chat logs.

HMMMMMMM
@OrphAnne explain urself!111

edit: saw another report after a votemenu ban. but why the votemenu bans??' the fuck

.n00bz.Sugar Water

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
I’ve played on skial for 8 years about 9 now. I met Anne about 4 or 3 years ago and she still hasn’t changed. I mean that in a good way. She loves the server, she’s active almost everyday now, she respects and follows server rules, and she also tries to keep the server clean as well from negative or disrespectful vibes. Anne is an overall good person to be an admin for the daily check up on server and she comes on there to have fun and chat with others as well. Hopefully Anne gets this placement as admin to help out others with problems of servers and the toxic people that join it.

.n00bz.Sugar Water

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
uh
I call yall's attention to some DIRT I've noticed on anne's chatlogs recently
Calling votemenu bans for things like friendlyin? I only see 1 recent report after a FAILED votemenu ban
Just look up "vote" on her chat logs.

HMMMMMMM
@OrphAnne explain urself!111

edit: saw another report after a votemenu ban. but why the votemenu bans??' the fuck
The vote menu bans are for the friendly that join the US server and have been warned multiple times that it’s against server rules. The vote menu ban doesn’t even work as it is. People get banned everyday for it as well because like I said they have been warned by multiple people countless of times that it’s against server rules. Anne is overall a great person for an admin and she isn’t gonna ban someone without evidence or no reason too. I know how she is. She’s very intelligent and quick minded when it comes down to things. Maybe shits different over at EU for y’all who the hell knows but she runs the US server pretty well when she’s on

uppe-r

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
The vote menu bans are for the friendly that join the US server and have been warned multiple times that it’s against server rules. The vote menu ban doesn’t even work as it is. People get banned everyday for it as well because like I said they have been warned by multiple people countless of times that it’s against server rules. Anne is overall a great person for an admin and she isn’t gonna ban someone without evidence or no reason too. I know how she is. She’s very intelligent and quick minded when it comes down to things. Maybe shits different over at EU for y’all who the hell knows but she runs the US server pretty well when she’s on
but why would she voteban (30 mins max) if she can, as she said in her chat logs, report and get at least a 1 day ban on the dude? makes no sense.
it's like she's too lazy to use the report function??? wtf

also + as an admin she won't be for sure votebanning people for friendlying
its just NOT the right thing to do, especially with a "considering" admin app

mycuzinvinny

Scarcely Lethal Noob
+1 to Anne being admin, plays fair and always fun to have on the server (except when she burns me as spy) :yum:

OrphAnne

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
but why would she voteban (30 mins max) if she can, as she said in her chat logs, report and get at least a 1 day ban on the dude? makes no sense.

Trying to explain to people that since the voteban didn't pass, could they PLEASE just play the game instead of friendlying (because if someone *LIKE ME* takes a demo and posts on the forum, it's an even longer ban, and more serious) makes people sometimes stop friendlying, and.. play the game.

I've seen admins just kick friendlies as a warning, so no I don't think this is dirt, or the wrong thing to do. There are also other people on the server messaging admins at the same time and I -am- providing demos, even if you don't see them. And if I don't capture a demo? I have no evidence to report.

Again, thanks for the responses everyone ;)

Reactions: Maddo

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

I don't think it's lazy at all. it shows good judgement, not bringing the beating stick out at the drop of a hat.
A good admin is like a good cop, they want to stop people breaking rules, not find any opportunity to administer punishment.

makes people sometimes stop friendlying, and.. play the game.
Have another +1 btw.

Reactions: Chance

Draxus

Scarcely Lethal Noob
well idk if this is the right place to start typing shit in here, but here goes. for all you admin people you should know i don't beat around the bush. some of ya gave me mutes and shit and you suck for that. but im not here to discuss my relationship with you admins fuckers. i'm here to say some GOOD shit about Anne. i've known this chick for years. she's solid and takes no prisoners. i ain't buttering her ass and blowing sunshine and rainbows up her ass either. just saying it like it is. she's been breaking up fights and telling ppl the rules on the server i play on, fairly and justly. shes got a good head about her and knows what time it is. it would be just straight up retarded if ya don't approve her. that's my say on the matter.