Status
Not open for further replies.

GBGamingPC

Uncharitable Spy
+1
Although he goof's around sometimes, especially for saying "F1 for voice reveal" even though there is nothing to be revealed about it, but he does well on leading VC whenever I'm not around. I do see his improvements little by little.

Do hope he can deal with the players while no admins/staff online on Zombie Escape US server in the later future, definitely will help a lot. 👍

• Love
Reactions: LizzieSteph

Nicewide

Unremarkable User
Huh dont normally comment on feedback but we all sometimes make jokes about the other servers. But I'm sorry I don't remember ever saying that?
Me and cherry saw when you commented that, it was at defense2002 if my memory doesn't fail.

LizzieSteph

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Me and cherry saw when you commented that, it was at defense2002 if my memory doesn't fail
I checked my logs and well I've never said that before, or it was ages ago. Or I guess i could've said it in vc? If I did sorry I obviously didn't mean it an any offensive way.

Lord_Dio

TF2 Admin
Contributor
retracting my +1 due to failure to report voteabuse
ZOMBIE ESCAPE | US ██ 08/15/2023 - 05:15:31 PM LizzieSteph Nice slay dumbass lol
ZOMBIE ESCAPE | US ██ 08/15/2023 - 05:15:56 PM LizzieSteph I don't really care but don't make random joke votes like that lol

LizzieSteph

TF2 Admin
Contributor
ZOMBIE ESCAPE | US ██ 08/15/2023 - 05:15:31 PM LizzieSteph Nice slay dumbass lol
ZOMBIE ESCAPE | US ██ 08/15/2023 - 05:15:56 PM LizzieSteph I don't really care but don't make random joke votes like that lol
Yeah thats my bad sorry about that. Those morons have been calling random votes for ages I just ended up tuning it out. again sorry I can keep my eye out now for that

I do have a bad habbit im trying to break of being "just to nice" to the other ZE Regs, Though now I am probably not going to vouch for them at all anymore

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Seminal Inhalation

Lord_Dio

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Yeah thats my bad sorry about that. Those morons have been calling random votes for ages I just ended up tuning it out. again sorry I can keep my eye out now for that
disappointing to see you say that considering on your app you said
I'd love to become an admin for Skial. For one I love the comunnity as chaotic as it is! and I'd love to contribute more to it than just donating! I would mainly be active on the Zombie Escape servers as an admin. As they don't have very active moderation usually.
admins cant be active on every server at everytime of the day which is why we have reports.

Dash7

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Seems to me that LizzieSteph saw that there was inappropriate behavior and handled it by informing those on the server that this kind of behavior was not okay. Not every action needs to be a report for it to be a good action. Developing relationships through leadership to produce a positive outcome is totally valid and actually a very good style for server administration. Discretion is part of being an Admin - Chat logs don't completely reproduce the context, and it makes total sense that this action was absolutely the correct one to make. I understand the need and desire for Admins to conform to a standard, however, it's important to remember that this application has been pending for a significant duration (5 months) and people have their own lives. Over scrutinizing and hyper analyzing their behavior over long periods of time more likely than not will produce inaccurate results and misguided conclusions.

In the limited time that ZE has developed, it appears that LizzieSteph has well integrated themselves in the ZE community. My interactions with this person have shown them to be mature, kind, and understanding. There is absolutely a risk anytime someone is made an Admin of a server. I'm fairly confident that as LizzieSteph continues to participate in this community, that they will continue to develop a sense of what is appropriate and what is not appropriate, and that their actions first and foremost come from a place of positivity rather than harm.

Lord_Dio

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Chat logs don't completely reproduce the context, and it makes total sense that this action was absolutely the correct one to make.
This was literally from just randomly popping in on ZE I was actually in server for that and wanted to see what she would do then applied silence to said player after she didnt report. Chat log is just evidence of acknowledgement of voteabuse and not reporting
Discretion is part of being an Admin
Voteabuse is a clear violation of the rules that needs to be addressed so people dont abuse the system throwing it into a cool down and when it is needed it cant be used. For someone applying for admin, ignoring someone breaking the rules is not a good sign as it can be viewed as favoritism.
I understand the need and desire for Admins to conform to a standard, however, it's important to remember that this application has been pending for a significant duration (5 months) and people have their own lives.
This is what the report system is for Admins cant pop in and out of every server and there was def enough time to make a report as I had waited to give her the benefit of the doubt as she continued to play
Another point I think people should understand is that there is a difference between the idea of leading (for the purposes of ZE) and the role of server administration. You can be great at helping players acclimate to new things, but maybe not so much at enforcing rules, reprimanding behavior, or presenting yourself properly. Same thing, vice versa. However, I do believe this person's efforts in trying to help the community are, at the very least, something to appreciate and something to consider. Again, the only thing holding them back is their maturity and actual reliability in adhering to their responsibilities.
Freedvoid's comment is essentially what im getting at

Dash7

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
This was literally from just randomly popping in on ZE I was actually in server for that and wanted to see what she would do then applied silence to said player after she didnt report. Chat log is just evidence of acknowledgement of voteabuse and not reporting

Voteabuse is a clear violation of the rules that needs to be addressed so people dont abuse the system throwing it into a cool down and when it is needed it cant be used. For someone applying for admin, ignoring someone breaking the rules is not a good sign as it can be viewed as favoritism.

This is what the report system is for Admins cant pop in and out of every server and there was def enough time to make a report as I had waited to give her the benefit of the doubt as she continued to play

Freedvoid's comment is essentially what im getting at
With the additional context, your perspective makes more sense - I do stand by what I said in the sense that, it is a long period, and potentially 'nitpicking' over such a long period is not constructive. Did anyone else besides LizzieSteph in the server speak to the fact that that vote should not have occurred? And did anyone else in the server submit a report?

I agree conceptually with Freevoid as well - If you (and Freevoid) think that the issue at hand is that this player may not effectively moderate, and be more lenient than is appropriate, that's a fair question to have. I think it would be helpful to know what @LizzieSteph thinks regarding whether or not they are capable of strictly moderating when necessary, and what changes they will or can make to work towards that.

At the same time Lord Dio - I don't think all actions require reports or admin actions for the server to be well administered. We may disagree on this, and that's okay, our styles are different.

I don't think it's an effective metric to rate someone's ability to be an admin based off on popping into servers to see if they will make a report or not when it is over such a long period of time. Lately, this metric has been used, in my opinion, as a way to derail an app, rather than to state anything constructively.

I appreciate your response, and that you provided insight into your reasoning. Hopefully the right person joins the team. Just as a side note - I think that the recent events (The two events bottiger and Stanley set up), and other notable instances in the ZE community development have been exciting. Having the right people there to administrate would be ideal.

Lord_Dio

TF2 Admin
Contributor
With the additional context, your perspective makes more sense - I do stand by what I said in the sense that, it is a long period, and potentially 'nitpicking' over such a long period is not constructive. Did anyone else besides LizzieSteph in the server speak to the fact that that vote should not have occurred? And did anyone else in the server submit a report?

I agree conceptually with Freevoid as well - If you (and Freevoid) think that the issue at hand is that this player may not effectively moderate, and be more lenient than is appropriate, that's a fair question to have. I think it would be helpful to know what @LizzieSteph thinks regarding whether or not they are capable of strictly moderating when necessary, and what changes they will or can make to work towards that.

At the same time Lord Dio - I don't think all actions require reports or admin actions for the server to be well administered. We may disagree on this, and that's okay, our styles are different.

I don't think it's an effective metric to rate someone's ability to be an admin based off on popping into servers to see if they will make a report or not when it is over such a long period of time. Lately, this metric has been used, in my opinion, as a way to derail an app, rather than to state anything constructively.

I appreciate your response, and that you provided insight into your reasoning. Hopefully the right person joins the team. Just as a side note - I think that the recent events (The two events bottiger and Stanley set up), and other notable instances in the ZE community development have been exciting. Having the right people there to administrate would be ideal.
i actually popped into play ZE cuz i never do and i know it can be fun and happened to witness that. Well said though

Status
Not open for further replies.