Status
Not open for further replies.

LizzieSteph

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I agree conceptually with Freevoid as well - If you (and Freevoid) think that the issue at hand is that this player may not effectively moderate, and be more lenient than is appropriate, that's a fair question to have. I think it would be helpful to know what @LizzieSteph thinks regarding whether or not they are capable of strictly moderating when necessary, and what changes they will or can make to work towards that.
I completly agreed with Freed's feeback on my application and I applied myself and started to get reports in and stoped "playing characters and doing weird bits" shortly after he wrote it. Personally I do think I am more than capable of modearting the ZE servers if my application is accepted as I have a (hopefuly) very good grasp of how the ZE community works. After I made this now fairly old application I've gotten dozens and dozens of valid reports in and I think I have learned the rules well and how to enforce them. But I do agree with some other people that my reports have stagenated. But that is because I have had quite a bit going on IRL right now and haven't had the time to really be as active as I would like, but things are going back to normal soon so don't worry.

But I have been going out of my way to get to know people in the greater Skial community and well its the first online community I have felt really connected with in over a decade now. The whole reason I applied for admin was because of the sheer lack of moderation on the ZE and VSH servers and I just wanted to contribute more to Skial than just donating.
I apolgize for not reporting that obvious voteabuse. But I didn't have my method of recording active at the time so even If I wanted to I would've missed it honestly Im still figuring out the whole recording thing still.
Not saying it isn't voteabuse (it was) but it was more or less harmless and didn't effect anybody as the person that was being slayed was a zombie and would've just respawned.

Thanks for checking out my application! (also 4 pages woohoo!)

Last edited:

KalashnikovA

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Not saying it isn't voteabuse (it was) but it was more or less harmless and didn't effect anybody as the person that was being slayed was a zombie and would've just respawned.

Even if voteabuse appears harmless, it can encourage more later down the road. When other players see it happen and think it’s funny, it can gain momentum with more people doing it.

Zeo

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Just for reference, please do not base +1/-1’s on an admins comments.

We do not need everyone jumping in trying to defend or criticize the applicant based on another person’s opinion.

The only thing that should be happening is the applicant responding to a comment to add more context or explain the situation.

gala

Contributor
The voteslay was clearly a joke as it was directed toward a zombie. There'd be no significant impact, one zombie dying and respawning seconds laters isn't game-changing in the slightest.
This is an incredibly trivial matter, hardly worth clinging into. Do you think I reported every single micspammer I came across when I had an open admin app? No, I sometimes valued my time and just wanted to play the game. We'd have no admins if we demanded 100% perfection on every moment

Ixel

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
From what I can see they are quite active and submit useful and good quality reports. There's some instances of them saying "f**k" (profanity) in chat which in my personal opinion isn't something an admin should really be saying, but as I say that's my personal opinion.

I'm voting +1. 👍

• Love
Reactions: LizzieSteph

Basenji

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
+1

I have been playing with Lizzie(+her counterparts) for over a year now. she is fun and a joy to play with, and I have come to realize that this individual has shown SO MUCH commitment in the ZE server. While playing with them, I have noticed that they are not only helping/contributing the servers we all know and love, but also helping the players inside it. I have seen this countless times and hope to see more of it as time goes by.

The ZE community have been lacking in administration and could use someone who has experienced bugs, trolls, spam, etc. I do believe adding them into the Skial community may have a big step up.

I do have some concerns, this being whether they are able to stay on top of things and keep their funny business to a minimum, or if they become inactive after some time. I also have a concern on how well and experienced they are in this field. Yet these are some questions that can be answered once the decision is made.

All this being said, I do believe having Lizzie as a bigger part of the community may be a huge asset for the server and the player base.

GL

Status
Not open for further replies.