Ixel

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Servers 2fort+ | EU (mostly), I've also periodically played on US1 and US2

Time Zone BST (GMT+1)

Link to your stats page http://stats.skial.com/ https://stats.skial.com/#player/tf/25296199

Playing time on Skial servers. Not TF2 total. 100 hours minimum. 768:34:16 (More than 768 hours)

Will you get mad if you lose admin? No, it's just a game after all

How do you ban yourself for "obvious aimbot" using your own SteamID?

Please read the guide here https://www.skial.com/threads/admin-info.82/
sm_ban "#[U:1:25296199]" 0 "obvious aimbot"

Anything else you feel like saying
I'm 35 years old and from England, United Kingdom. I have extensive experience as being an admin in two other originally popular TF2 communities, both of which shutdown and one of which I also held a position of senior admin. Here are my main reasons for wanting to become an admin on Skial's TF2 servers:
  1. Plenty of past experience. I have successfully served as an admin in both communities. I was never fired or kicked out from either community, and I resigned from my senior admin position due to a combination of personal reasons and a noticeable drop in players on the 2fort server. I have also received positive feedback for my time as an admin, in particular from the community where I was a senior admin, which I believe demonstrates my ability to effectively manage a gaming community. Beyond TF2 I was also an admin for more than a year on a Garry's Mod server that I both setup and maintained for a magazine in this country (England) called "PC Gamer" many years ago.
  2. Time commitment. I spend a reasonable amount of time on the EU 2fort+ server, which allows me to be available and responsive to any issues that may arise either on there or when reported from other TF2 servers. I work from home which gives me some flexibility too.
  3. Admin presence. I have noticed that there sometimes appears to be a lack of admin presence on the EU 2fort+ server, at least, and I believe that my involvement could help fill this gap while ensuring to help continue to maintain a positive gaming experience for a majority of players across the various Skial TF2 servers.
  4. I possess good communication skills, try to be as fair as I can, objective, patient, and where possible also try to be helpful. I have experience in conflict resolution, which can be useful for maintaining a positive gaming environment.
  5. Technical background: I have a deep passion for technology and programming, with experience in various languages such as C#.NET, LUA, PHP, Sourcepawn, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Python.
I'm confident that my combination of experience, skills, and passion for gaming make me an ideal candidate to consider for the admin role on Skial's TF2 servers. I'm eager to contribute to maintaining a fun and enjoyable environment for all players on the servers.

Thanks.

EnoWesker

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Contributor
+1
I have known this person for a while and have never seen him in conflicts or anything negative.
Rather calm by nature and attentive. He even helped solve problems between players.
So I can only approve his request, in my case.

S0nic

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
+1
I've known Ix for quite some time now, and he's always been extremely polite and civil to the users on all three servers. I personally think he would be a great fit for a mod, especially in different time zones.

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Micspammer you failed to report

I assumed you did not know it was against the rules, but then you seem to know it's against the rules as your friend explains he was muted for it and you even know what it was for:
2FORT+ | EU █████07/22/2023 - 06:34:13 AMIxel[Team] oh? that's why I don't hear you anymore? :(
2FORT+ | EU █████07/22/2023 - 06:34:06 AMKamiDebiruall i kill is demo knights
2FORT+ | EU █████07/22/2023 - 06:34:02 AMBreeze AFK[Team] ixel, did I ever tell you, I got im perma muted ?

And you also votemute someone for micspamming here which proves it further:

So it seems you like to play favorites which isn't good.

Here is you ADMITTING to micspamming as well via playing AI voice clips:

An instance of homophobia you refused to report

-1. You knowingly break the rules and seem to allow others, especially your friends, to do it as well and make 0 attempt to punish any rulebreakers with the exception of a single votemute on a random that inconvenienced you. Cannot imagine you being any different as an admin.

Last edited:

Ixel

Contributor
Hello there. Thanks for your feedback. I can't say we've met before, however I will address your negative feedback.

As a majority of other players generally do, the quickest and easiest option is to just use the 'ignore' command or mute from the main menu. Reporting each mic spammer that comes across the server would likely become a time consuming process. The alternative is to vote mute, but that has a high threshold so isn't guaranteed to succeed. If I had been an admin at that moment in time then I would've taken the action that's deemed appropriate officially.

I assumed you did not know it was against the rules, but then you seem to know it's against the rules as your friend explains he was muted for it and you even know what it was for:
2FORT+ | EU █████07/22/2023 - 06:34:13 AMIxel[Team] oh? that's why I don't hear you anymore? :(
2FORT+ | EU █████07/22/2023 - 06:34:06 AMKamiDebiruall i kill is demo knights
2FORT+ | EU █████07/22/2023 - 06:34:02 AMBreeze AFK[Team] ixel, did I ever tell you, I got im perma muted ?

Can you cite the exact rule on Skial that states this please, assuming you're referring to the usage of a soundboard with a variety of very short voice clips?

And you also votemute someone for micspamming here which proves it further:

So it seems you like to play favorites which isn't good.

What proves what further? Can you explain how a soundboard with very short duration sound clips of various voices is the same as playing constant non-stop music over voice chat? The person in the section of the chat history that you highlighted was successfully vote muted as they were playing non-stop music on voice chat.

Here is you ADMITTING to micspamming as well via playing AI voice clips:

Could you cite the exact rule on Skial which says that an AI voice (generated by TTS input) can't be used on voice chat, furthermore if that AI voice is also my own voice at times, cloned, too for example? Could you also clarify which line or lines from my chat message state my alleged admission for 'mic spamming' please?

An instance of homophobia you refused to report

-1. You knowingly break the rules and seem to allow others, especially your friends, to do it as well and make 0 attempt to punish any rulebreakers with the exception of a single votemute on a random that inconvenienced you. Cannot imagine you being any different as an admin.

Can you highlight the exact line or lines which would generally be considered homophobic? I'm honestly a little confused here. I've asked a few friends for input and they don't understand either.

Last edited:

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Hello there. Thanks for your feedback. I can't say we've met before, however I will address your negative feedback.

As a majority of other players generally do, the quickest and easiest option is to just use the 'ignore' command or mute from the main menu. Reporting each mic spammer that comes across the server would likely become a time consuming process. The alternative is to vote mute, but that has a high threshold so isn't guaranteed to succeed. If I had been an admin at that moment in time then I would've taken the action that's deemed appropriate officially.

Can you cite the exact rule on Skial that states this please, assuming you're referring to the usage of a soundboard with a variety of very short voice clips?

What proves what further? Can you explain how a soundboard with very short duration sound clips of various voices is the same as playing constant non-stop music over voice chat? The person in the section of the chat history that you highlighted was successfully vote muted as they were playing non-stop music on voice chat.

Could you cite the exact rule on Skial which says that an AI voice (generated by TTS input) can't be used on voice chat, furthermore if that AI voice is also my own voice at times, cloned, too for example? Could you also clarify which line or lines from my chat message state my alleged admission for 'mic spamming' please?

Can you highlight the exact line or lines which would generally be considered homophobic? I'm honestly a little confused here. I've asked a few friends for input and they don't understand either.

Micspamming is not allowed, you know this and if you properly did research you would see it reaffirms this in the rules as well as the many reports for micspamming and soundboarding no matter how short or long. Skimming isn't good for an application.

"just mute and ignore" is purely for people you don't want to hear, not for rulebreakers.

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor

*cough* Ahem.

Examples are listed. But just because you don't see something here does not mean it is not included. Every single thing is not listed because the rules are so long that most people don't read it all and we cannot think of every possible problem.

https://www.skial.com/threads/server-rules.136/ listed in the server rules.

Ixel

Contributor
My sincerest apologies. Well I stand corrected then. I honestly didn't realise that it also covered:
- AI voice TTS, even when using my own cloned voice
- Soundboards using short duration voice clips (which I didn't do but was aware of happening by someone else)

I understand rules can't be made absolutely crystal clear because too many would have to be listed. This was a simple misunderstanding on my part.

I will discontinue using voice chat with my cloned voice TTS. I now realise and hope this oversight and misunderstanding can be forgiven! Sorry!

Seminal Inhalation

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
*cough* Ahem.

Examples are listed. But just because you don't see something here does not mean it is not included. Every single thing is not listed because the rules are so long that most people don't read it all and we cannot think of every possible problem.

Also just checked, some of his responses are AI generated. Seems he tried to edit them to throw off detection.

Last edited:

Ixel

Contributor
*cough* Ahem.

Hi again,
I feel that I should perhaps clarify how I've been using the AI voice TTS so that it's clear that I'm not spamming. I'm wondering if there might have been a misunderstanding.

First I'll begin with a brief summary of my setup so it's clearer as to why I use this system. My actual PC is in another room, not connected to a monitor or anything. I connected to it remotely on another low power device via software called "Moonlight". Unfortunately this doesn't passthrough a microphone (as input), only the output sound.

So, to workaround this I made a small project which allows me to use "text to speech" via an AI to essentially make it appear like a real voice is talking (e.g. my own voice cloned). I've also been known by many players to use, for example, demoman's voice instead with the speech being in his style and characteristics. In a humorous way, when I sometimes dominate a player I might also say a very short sentence that's in-character with the demoman's style, for example. Nobody has vote muted me for this, infact some players have found it amusing and intriguing. I do it in the spirit of fun, not just my own fun but also for some other players to enjoy. I don't spam this, infact I believe I only use voice once every few minutes or longer generally for at most around 5 seconds at a time. Essentially I'm using voice chat in what I would consider to be a manner that's consistent with fairly light use.

However, this also enables me to communicate on voice chat with teammates or other players who rarely read the text chat or are currently too busy to.

So, to summarise, I don't use voice chat for the following and would never do so:
- I don't play sound effects on voice chat
- I don't play music on voice chat

I use voice chat for the following, thanks for AI voice TTS:
- A short sentence or two at the most, to either communicate something in the game or to do something humorous such as a randomly generated domination voice line that's in line with the character I'm playing as

I hope this clarifies and helps. However, if it's definitely confirmed that my use case is actually considered 'spamming' anyway then I will discontinue using voice chat in-game on Skial.

Thanks.

Malighant

Scarcely Lethal Noob

Servers 2fort+ | EU (mostly), I've also periodically played on US1 and US2

Time Zone BST (GMT+1)

Link to your stats page http://stats.skial.com/ https://stats.skial.com/#player/tf/25296199

Playing time on Skial servers. Not TF2 total. 100 hours minimum. 768:34:16 (More than 768 hours)

Will you get mad if you lose admin? No, it's just a game after all

How do you ban yourself for "obvious aimbot" using your own SteamID?

Please read the guide here https://www.skial.com/threads/admin-info.82/
sm_ban "#[U:1:25296199]" 0 "obvious aimbot"

Anything else you feel like saying
I'm 35 years old and from England, United Kingdom. I have extensive experience as being an admin in two other originally popular TF2 communities, both of which shutdown and one of which I also held a position of senior admin. Here are my main reasons for wanting to become an admin on Skial's TF2 servers:
  1. Plenty of past experience. I have successfully served as an admin in both communities. I was never fired or kicked out from either community, and I resigned from my senior admin position due to a combination of personal reasons and a noticeable drop in players on the 2fort server. I have also received positive feedback for my time as an admin, in particular from the community where I was a senior admin, which I believe demonstrates my ability to effectively manage a gaming community. Beyond TF2 I was also an admin for more than a year on a Garry's Mod server that I both setup and maintained for a magazine in this country (England) called "PC Gamer" many years ago.
  2. Time commitment. I spend a reasonable amount of time on the EU 2fort+ server, which allows me to be available and responsive to any issues that may arise either on there or when reported from other TF2 servers. I work from home which gives me some flexibility too.
  3. Admin presence. I have noticed that there sometimes appears to be a lack of admin presence on the EU 2fort+ server, at least, and I believe that my involvement could help fill this gap while ensuring to help continue to maintain a positive gaming experience for a majority of players across the various Skial TF2 servers.
  4. I possess good communication skills, try to be as fair as I can, objective, patient, and where possible also try to be helpful. I have experience in conflict resolution, which can be useful for maintaining a positive gaming environment.
  5. Technical background: I have a deep passion for technology and programming, with experience in various languages such as C#.NET, LUA, PHP, Sourcepawn, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and Python.
I'm confident that my combination of experience, skills, and passion for gaming make me an ideal candidate to consider for the admin role on Skial's TF2 servers. I'm eager to contribute to maintaining a fun and enjoyable environment for all players on the servers.

Thanks.
+1
A trusted friend, and someone who is trustable amongst others. A great friend, and someone who will always be there

gala

Contributor
So, to summarise, I don't use voice chat for the following and would never do so:
- I don't play sound effects on voice chat
- I don't play music on voice chat

I use voice chat for the following, thanks for AI voice TTS:
- A short sentence or two at the most, to either communicate something in the game or to do something humorous such as a randomly generated domination voice line that's in line with the character I'm playing as

I hope this clarifies and helps. However, if it's definitely confirmed that my use case is actually considered 'spamming' anyway then I will discontinue using voice chat in-game on Skial.
I wouldn't say this is bad at all. Players like Duke Nukem or whatever his name was along with some others have been allowed to playback character voicelines. They do it occasionally and usually in some context. They don't play annoying sounds, they don't crowd the voice chat and play at a moderate volume. I don't see why we should punish that

I'd say this TTS vc usage is completely inconsequential but you should still do some more reports when you see the need for it. Otherwise you're fine