Bottiger

Administrator
The maps are also not popular as the majority of people who have joined the skial surf server who are avid surfers probably looked at the map pool and just saw a bunch of maps you play to not surf but to kill people in jail...

Also you are using the "popular maps" even though there isnt anyone playing in the skial surf servers......

I think you keep missing the part where I repeatedly said that our stats record the popularity of ALL surf maps on ALL servers, which includes players not on our servers. Do you really think that I am so stupid that I would base our decision off a brand new server hat barely had any players in it?

Since you seem really insistent, here are some cold hard numbers.

removed because I am sure you've seen it by now ed, and I don't want this info leaked

This is sorted from top to bottom, so any other maps have a popularity lower than 2.

Unlike blackwonder on the other hand who have active surf players because they dont have these "popular maps" but have maps which are actually playable for longer than 5 minutes

As far as I know, Azelphur is the only surf server that has a normal amount of people on it anymore and they mostly play those arena maps. And even they are dying. Surf died for a reason, and I was just giving it one last chance.

I don't believe that adding the maps you found will help. People have been running them and they don't fill. It won't be any different for us.

Once you've finished these so called linear maps 20+ times, you will get bored of them much faster than maps designed for combat, and the stats show this.

Last edited:

Bottiger

Administrator
I have added the following maps which are further down the list in popularity without regards to whether or not they are arena or not. This is the most I am willing to do. If it doesn't work out, I don't believe adding additional low popularity maps will help the server.

"surf_forbidden_ways_reloaded" {}
"surf_pulse_v2" {}
"surf_akai_f1n4l_doorfix" {}
"surf_mesa_tf2" {}
"surf_rainbow_v1" {}