Slip

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Mapper
Reactions: Percilius

Denis

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
+1 for sure.

The arena maps are pretty basic and to be honest not too fun, a few improvements like showkeys and time records (server records obviously) would really improve the surf server and accompanying it with some new surf maps would be great.

Ed_

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
We already have telstar, the maps you have all suggested are not very popular.
Completed telstar loads of times tho and it's boring.. the server is basically empty most of the time anyway so I don't see why we can't add maps and maybe people would seed it as it isn't the same limited rotation of over played arena maps with no goal other than going down to jail and killing Somone.

Bottiger

Administrator
Well surf is not very popular anymore. I have the stats on the other maps, and people play those 10x less than the maps we h ave now.

Ed_

Contributor
Well surf is not very popular anymore. I have the stats on the other maps, and people play those 10x less than the maps we h ave now.
Well let's make it popular again with good maps lol

Ed_

Contributor
when the event was on at least 3 of the skial regs would be on those surf servers but we all gradually got bored of it because we could only realistically play telstar because the other maps are only really made to kill each other in jail which gets stale quick... maps such as those listed allow people to be on the server hours at a time consistently improving at a single map until they are able to complete it or get to a further stage than they did last time/ this keeps players hooked and playing the skial surf server instead of coming on for a couple of minutes, getting a couple of kills and then leaving.

what i'm trying to say is that people would rather play these Surf maps compared to the surf/arena maps as you can clearly see by the +1's and agree's on the points i have stated

As well :
Qb2Pk43.png

@Xerox also wants to see improvement on the skial surf servers because in all honestly they are complete shit and need alot of improvement because they are beyond basic.
I dont see why you wouldn't accept these suggestions were only trying to improve the server and you're not making it easy to help and just letting the surf servers die

Bottiger

Administrator
I already added showkeys and it is not possible to detect how fast you "complete" a surf map.

We have stats for every single surf map being played including those on the only surf server that actually has a normal amount of people in it. Our stats do not only show popularity for maps on our servers.

And it shows that the maps we have are the only ones that people bother to play. No one likes the other maps that you have suggested, they have 5-10% of the popularity of the ones we already selected for the server.

Ed_

Contributor
I already added showkeys and it is not possible to detect how fast you "complete" a surf map.

We have stats for every single surf map being played including those on the only surf server that actually has a normal amount of people in it. Our stats do not only show popularity for maps on our servers.

And it shows that the maps we have are the only ones that people bother to play. No one likes the other maps that you have suggested, they have 5-10% of the popularity of the ones we already selected for the server.
Well you cant actually "finish" any of the current maps you have on the map rotation right now other than Telstar, utopia and 1 other which is a 10 second map

You also stated that no one likes the other maps i have suggested yet i dont see any -1's on this thread other than you disregarding half of the stuff i and xerox have said. The maps are also not popular as the majority of people who have joined the skial surf server who are avid surfers probably looked at the map pool and just saw a bunch of maps you play to not surf but to kill people in jail...

Also you are using the "popular maps" even though there isnt anyone playing in the skial surf servers...... Unlike blackwonder on the other hand who have active surf players because they dont have these "popular maps" but have maps which are actually playable for longer than 5 minutes

So if we really wanted to improve on somthing extremely easily just by changing the maps to change what i would name a "dead" surf server into somthing "alive"... Because servers get popular with server regulars, and the only way we are going to get server regs on a surf server is with good maps which you can play more than once after completion and will play weekly to improve and get to try out harder maps once they have completed the easier ones
:)