Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This is a pretty simple one, but I'll support my argument anyways.

1. Cream Tea is banned on the forums, which automatically punches his usefulness in half. He requested this ban, so this reason isn't that strong, however the fact that he has the gall to leave the forums when he knows it will make him less useful is concerning.

2. His fellow admins do not enjoy working with him. They find him incompetent and frustrating to work with. If you ask around, you could easily find this out, and I encourage all current admins to vote on said poll. This is also, never a good sign.

3. He's broken the rules on many occasions. Before even applying for admin he was advertising hacks on our servers, something Skial takes very seriously. After that, he freekilled and eluded to other times where he had freekilled before. To top it all off, he evaded the forum ban he himself wanted and used it just to up his own suggestions and defend himself. Confirmed by forum admin biggie. I was asked to destroy my alt account just for joking around in unmoderated.
0e95e21b090956cb8b3e69bcf021d318.png
cedb779eb7bd45a3fb2969b10f99c178.png

4. This stuff would've all been brought up in his application and I do not think he would've been accepted. The reason he was, is because he's a mapper, something someone could learn to be in a very short amount of time. On top of this, we have a perfectly competent non-admin mapper named PedroTheFabulous.

All in all, his usefullness is null and he's more trouble than he's worth. When people find this stuff out about him, it makes Skial admins and in turn Skial as a whole look bad. I get that my BBQ Prophet suggestion was declined and was in a similar vein, but Cream Tea is worse than BBQ Prophet purely because he has actually broken the rules, one time is too many, but 3 is ridiculous. It also shows that he has the capacity to break rules in server and out.

Thanks for considering!

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
From what I understand between my private PMs when this first transpired, and Bot is welcome to elaborate, as I don't want to give too many details if that was meant for just the upper staff, Cream Tea is apparently our only mapper who creates maps from scratch, whereas Pedro just fixes and tweaks maps. Pedro cannot do what CT can do. Cream Tea would likely leave if he lost his admin. [also, this is me paraphrasing so as to not give out too much info without Bot confirming it's ok] [Also, RM side note here: WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME HE EVEN MADE A MAP FROM SCRATCH?]

But here's how I feel, in regards to that, and I think Blade voiced my thoughts here as well: The majority of our players play on vanilla servers (servers which Cream Tea obviously cannot map on). Is our custom/trade server base really that big that they will all leave if he is removed, and no new maps are made? I honestly do not believe so, but I suppose it is up to those who understand custom/trade servers better (and Bot) to make that more apparent to us. Either way, my stance has been the same for the past ~3 months: We have an admin on our team who makes us look bad, and we have to deal with him simply because he's a mapper who gets to be admin. He also has continued to get more immature the older he has gotten (that is kinda sad). Having an admin like that is not all right, and I'm pretty sure the majority of the forum base/admins feel that way. If this suggestion is declined simply because of what was said in our PMs, I assure you that the forum base (non-admins) will likely get very aggressive towards CT when he returns from his ban, as they will have felt like their opinions and thoughts were ignored in favor of a special snowflake.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1 He should've been removed after breaking the rules the 1st time.

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
The people who voted no are speaking up a lot.
Can some of the people who voted yes give us their take on the situation?
@DavidtheTurkey and @Tayto
You 2 are the only non mistaken votes who voted yes and didnt give reasoning.

RMSniper

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Cream Tea is a good friend of mine. I have never had a problem with the guy.
Just because someone is your friend does not mean that they are infallible. Do you really agree with how he acts, and the rule breaking he has done?

Toxik

Contributor
+1, he probably shouldn't have received admin from the start just because he could make barely passable maps

Adora

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
Simply removing a piece of the equation will not resolve the problem. Simply removing Cream from his role as admin will not prevent something similar from happening in the future. While we're looking at Cream we should also look at the cause of the problem.

Sure, give mappers the title of "admin" if that will entice them
in times of demand. But I don't think it's right to grant them full admin privileges (handling reports, muting, banning) without them going through the application process just like anyone else. That's disrespectful to the community and especially to the other admins.

Last edited:

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Is anyone even reading the poll question?
Toxik and Zillion also voted wrong.

Saraya

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
+1, he probably shouldn't have received admin from the start just because he could make barely passable maps
57812ad2231eat2uw9.jpg

So dr_minecraft_final is a barely passable map?

I understand the animosity but that doesn't mean it's okay to slander his skills. Dr_minecraft_final is a popular map on the death run servers mind you.
The question here is his capability of being an proper admin, not his skills as a mapper. Make your argument and leave it at that. No need to make this petty. otherwise, it will only weaken your argument.

Also, nice to know some on this forum have poor reading comprehension or just don't bother to read. a simple poll yet many answer it wrong. Which part of the question is causing the confusion?

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I understand the animosity but that doesn't mean it's okay to slander his skills. Dr_minecraft_final is a popular map on the death run servers mind you.

and I have a hunch, I think the reason it's a very popular map is simply due to the fact that it's a minecraft map. Every time there has been a minecraft based map on one of these servers it's been exceedingly popular. The one on VSH was played all the time, and the one on jb, holy shit, that was like the only map they ever played there.

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
and I have a hunch, I think the reason it's a very popular map is simply due to the fact that it's a minecraft map. Every time there has been a minecraft based map on one of these servers it's been exceedingly popular. The one on VSH was played all the time, and the one on jb, holy shit, that was like the only map they ever played there.
But on the other hand, TRADE NY is the least popular of our trade servers, and it's the only Minecraft trade map

Fairnessplease

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Not to be the bear of the battle on the cake, but lots of people on this forum berates him and bullies him to the point at where he is now. I'm sure lots of other admins broke the rules in the past. I am no way in shape or form trying to help him, but you need to understand the dire situation he is in. I have not seen him personally abuse his admin powers and what happens on the forums should not reflect to a person in-game. H

He can still change if you give him a chance. Look what happened with Prophet, Bottiger gave him a chance and even said "we can revisit the issue in a PROPER manner" instead of just saying NO ADMIN! You have to give people chances in this world, otherwise things will not go proper as people want it to. Just by looking at the poll it's just that. Everything gets a return.

Pedro the fabulous

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
Master Mapper
In his defense, vsh_urbanworks_final is also played pretty often.