Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
This is a pretty simple one, but I'll support my argument anyways.

1. Cream Tea is banned on the forums, which automatically punches his usefulness in half. He requested this ban, so this reason isn't that strong, however the fact that he has the gall to leave the forums when he knows it will make him less useful is concerning.

2. His fellow admins do not enjoy working with him. They find him incompetent and frustrating to work with. If you ask around, you could easily find this out, and I encourage all current admins to vote on said poll. This is also, never a good sign.

3. He's broken the rules on many occasions. Before even applying for admin he was advertising hacks on our servers, something Skial takes very seriously. After that, he freekilled and eluded to other times where he had freekilled before. To top it all off, he evaded the forum ban he himself wanted and used it just to up his own suggestions and defend himself. Confirmed by forum admin biggie. I was asked to destroy my alt account just for joking around in unmoderated.
0e95e21b090956cb8b3e69bcf021d318.png
cedb779eb7bd45a3fb2969b10f99c178.png

4. This stuff would've all been brought up in his application and I do not think he would've been accepted. The reason he was, is because he's a mapper, something someone could learn to be in a very short amount of time. On top of this, we have a perfectly competent non-admin mapper named PedroTheFabulous.

All in all, his usefullness is null and he's more trouble than he's worth. When people find this stuff out about him, it makes Skial admins and in turn Skial as a whole look bad. I get that my BBQ Prophet suggestion was declined and was in a similar vein, but Cream Tea is worse than BBQ Prophet purely because he has actually broken the rules, one time is too many, but 3 is ridiculous. It also shows that he has the capacity to break rules in server and out.

Thanks for considering!

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
I personally have never seen him being a pain in the ass. He is really fun to have around and i don't think he should be removed from the admin position.
Whenever i see a problem in whatever Skial server I'm playing on, he always comes on if I tell him about a player not following the rules or such. Plus I have seen him on more than most of the admins I know.

Milkman_

Unremarkable User

Hello there, I don't usually post in the Skial forums unless I need to submit a report, but I came here to discuss this topic specifically.

While I don't know much about the admin in question, I myself can rely on him whenever I need help on the servers, he replies and obliges to my requests as quick as possible and does his job just fine. Now, I know that most of you there are holding the grudge against what he has done in the past, so let's take a look at that for a bit.

Samson said "He's broken the rules on too many occasions"
But from what I can see, he only has two bans.
Why do two bans classify as "too many occasions"? He hadn't been banned in a few months now. Tea seems like he's learned his lesson from that and he's began to improve, and I can see that well enough.

About the forum things he's done, according to what he told me, he had posted shit in the unmoderated subforum. The one subforum where nothing you say matters, but somehow, it's a big deal. I don't really understand the thought process behind that really, there was a lot of drama in Discord at the time and everyone suddenly decided to migrate to this thread. Speaking of forums, At a certain point, Cream had requested to get a forum ban on himself, maybe to get everyone to stop circlejerking him, but it just made everything a whole lot worse, it seems.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
He should not have it because he was banned in the first place, I dont understand why he would be getting better treatment, all of this drama just shows hes a horrible admin. It shows hes unstable, does not care and simply will break the rules under peer pressure. And if what I hear is true that this account is an alt, why is this even being tolerated more? Hes dodging a ban, breaking the rules even more, showing even less of a shit.

He should not be treated like a god because hes liked by a few people, or because he can map. Skial admins have never been perfect, they are humans, but in this form of power, all it does is look bad and give Skial a worse name then it already has. At this point, Skial might as well be a Gmod server, accepting any admin app because some one said please.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor

Hello there, I don't usually post in the Skial forums unless I need to submit a report, but I came here to discuss this topic specifically.

While I don't know much about the admin in question, I myself can rely on him whenever I need help on the servers, he replies and obliges to my requests as quick as possible and does his job just fine. Now, I know that most of you there are holding the grudge against what he has done in the past, so let's take a look at that for a bit.

Why do two bans classify as "too many occasions"? He hadn't been banned in a few months now. Tea seems like he's learned his lesson from that and he's began to improve, and I can see that well enough.

About the forum things he's done, according to what he told me, he had posted shit in the unmoderated subforum. The one subforum where nothing you say matters, but somehow, it's a big deal. I don't really understand the thought process behind that really, there was a lot of drama in Discord at the time and everyone suddenly decided to migrate to this thread. Speaking of forums, At a certain point, Cream had requested to get a forum ban on himself, maybe to get everyone to stop circlejerking him, but it just made everything a whole lot worse, it seems.
No, he requested his ban to have a girl add him on Steam

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm honestly not sure, there's definitely an argument to be made.

As admins, we are told that we only have one responsibility:
  • As an admin, your only responsibility are the reports. There are no requirements for time spent in the game, and I am sure you can manage to jump on the forum a few times a week if you are busy.
  • If you are a mapper, just a forum mod, or fulfill some other role specified, you will not be expected to be as active or to handle reports.
Now, as he has requested a forum ban - he cannot even meet the required responsibilities that an admin has.
However - as that second bullet point says, "if you are [only] a mapper ... you will not be expected to be as active or to handle reports".
Cream Tea is an admin, but at this point - he is essentially just a mapper, as he cannot handle his own appeals - or any reports.

In my mind, he should be spoken to about his behaviour and attitude towards his role and stance within the community.
  • Deliberately exploiting what he thought would be a "loophole" in Jailbreak rules*
  • Requesting a forum ban and then proceeding to create an alt to avoid this
  • Giving one day punishments when people are repeat offenders**
*as far as I'm aware, the only admin to ever be banned whilst holding an admin position
**something we've all done, no doubt - but he does it way more than is reasonable

I don't think he takes his role seriously enough***, or is responsible enough to have it, if I'm completely honest.
From the numerous things I've seen from him (private/public conversations, server behaviour) - he is very immature sometimes.

***requesting a forum ban because you want a girl to add you on Steam?

Reactions: Pedro the fabulous

Blade D_Hero

Contributor

Why do two bans classify as "too many occasions"?

ONE ban as an admin is already too many, as they should be expected to the ones who enforce the rules, not break them.

You're telling me you would allow him some more bans if "he hasn't done anything bad in the past few months?" That makes absolutely no sense, and quite frankly is disrespectful towards every single other admin on the team who not only enforces the rules, but does so without breaking any of them.

He's immature and thin skinned, which are also huge, glaring issues with his position as admin. Nobody is expecting him to be a beacon of goodness, but compared to basically every other admin on here, he's extremely confrontational and quick to make an emotionally charged decision.

Now he may be a mapper and that's clearly his only saving grace, but playing favorites is fucking annoying to everyone else on the admin team. We try our best to be as level headed and beneficial to the community, and then there's someone who goes against all of that and is still held in the same high regard as the rest of us. As stated before, he's not the only mapper on Skial, and considering basically every server we own is NOT community created, there's not a good reason for a mapper that causes more issues than fixes.

Reactions: Koni

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Deer Force, Memeboy Crow, and Milkman all voted wrong on my poll because they misread it just for reference. So it's 3 to 13

Defibyoulater

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't support rule breaking, but should we wait for Cream to be here to defend himself on this suggestion?

Fairnessplease

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
We need to understand that everyone is not perfect, no matter what. We all make mistakes and we choose the path we go on, no matter what. It could of been us, what if we were In that position? I'm not saying Cream is the best admin, but he is not a terrible admin either. This goes to show that how little peace we are all at, he can change if he chooses to but we just can't kick him out of the moderator team because we don't see him fit. I agree, he made some not-so wise decisions, but this goes for all of us. Giving another person a chance in the world to see how they can change is absolutely beautiful and change in regards to that, is more.

Again, the world keeps spinning, I understand the mentality he is a "mapper" what if he wasn't? He can still make a pretty good admin if you give him a chance. I've seen him getting bullied on these forums and personally I am sick of it. Yes he is not perfect, but he still seems he can change. He isn't too far gone. It's more over evading the issue we see and see how we can care about the RIGHT path he wants to go on. This means we have to care about him, all life is precious and have it's moments, just removing someone's admin because "he is bad" is not right. The same thing happened with BBQ Prophet and look what happened, he does not seem to be breaking any rules. Now, he is NOT at peace at any means YET, but he is in the process of changing.

Changing is hard but it takes time and once it's done, it can be quite beautiful. +0 for now.

To accept everyone, to protect everyone, and in doing, protect yourself. Create peace.

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't support rule breaking, but should we wait for Cream to be here to defend himself on this suggestion?
The fact that he's even banned from the forums already speaks about his character. Even if it was requested from him, it was to add a fucking girl to his friends list.

Saraya

Sufficiently Lethal Scout

I've never had problems with Cream Tea and he is great to have on when on a death run server.

As to the rule breaking and this "drama", ultimately it's Bottiger who should make the call. Maybe Cream Tea needs a reminder of his position from what I read on this thread but the Cream Tea I observe on the servers is a competent admin. I trust Bottiger to make the right call if it comes to that.

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1
honestly im amazed this actually needs to be suggested, hes should not be worth this, hes got two bans and has dodged one of them, he literally got himself banned for a fucking girl, hes immature and irresponsible.