Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
Hello guys, over the past 2 days me and some of the server regulars have been thinking of making this suggestion so here it is.
- Firstly, there is a problem with neo's rage. It's probably broken because he can't rage in a round without pyros airblasting him. So I believe changing the amount of time it takes for neo to gain rage should be changed.
- Addition of a Few New Bosses : In the server almost everyone plays either Handsome Jack and Miku because of how overpowered they are and many of the other bosses are barely used.
So many of the server regulars thought of a few bosses that could make the game much more interesting.
Gentle Spy
Ninja Spy
Painis Cupcake
Bonk Boy
Rage Sniper
Ass Pancakes
- Add a seperate rule list for freak fortress. There was this thread made by meebas but he didn't add it into the suggestion box so here's the link to that - https://www.skial.com/threads/ff2-can-we-establish-some-rules-for-ff2.71874/
- Changing Mario's Viewmodel. I played with cream tea on his test server and the mario in that server had a perfect viewmodel as the older current mario viewmodel is bigger than the actual hitbox.
Thanks
Devil

Sakiko

Contributor
Adding new bosses comes down to people providing them or links ot ones that we can review. We have no one working on bosses afaik and we just grab what we can find so links be better

No real need for extra rules the ones we have cover pretty much everything as it stands, no one reads them from what we see on servers anyway and if they do they do not wish to spend 20 minutes reading complex rules.

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
Adding new bosses comes down to people providing them or links ot ones that we can review. We have no one working on bosses afaik and we just grab what we can find so links be better

No real need for extra rules the ones we have cover pretty much everything as it stands, no one reads them from what we see on servers anyway and if they do they do not wish to spend 20 minutes reading complex rules.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=225907907
Most of the bosses mentioned are in this link

Meebas

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Mapper
Biggest thing right now is balancing, in my opinion. Given any decent player, all but 2 bosses (Neo, Nep) are a very easy win.
The newest released map that buffs the crap out of reds has actually given us insight as to what balancing can become. The map actually buffs base stats of all the classes, so much that it's actually very difficult to win without a broken boss (Gabe, Jack, Demopan).

Please, nerf the broken boss trinity, and buff reds. This makes it 100x more fun for the regulars, and if I'm not mistaken, regulars probably make up 50% of the server's attendance.

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
Biggest thing right now is balancing, in my opinion. Given any decent player, all but 2 bosses (Neo, Nep) are a very easy win.
The newest released map that buffs the crap out of reds has actually given us insight as to what balancing can become. The map actually buffs base stats of all the classes, so much that it's actually very difficult to win without a broken boss (Gabe, Jack, Demopan).

Please, nerf the broken boss trinity, and buff reds. This makes it 100x more fun for the regulars, and if I'm not mistaken, regulars probably make up 50% of the server's attendance.
Don't you think having a few more bosses could also make the game much better because we currently have about 17 bosses and 2/3 of the time only 2 bosses get played which is jack and miku. Adding a few more bosses could increase the number of players who don't take just hack and miku and give a fresh feeling to more rounds. Oh and I forgot to mention about Egypt spot. I think adding a control point can be very useful there because of the numerous number of places engineer can camp in the map. It's close to impossible to get the engineer for bosses like doom or gaben even if they use their rage.

Mother

Mildly Menacing Medic
Adding bosses like Mr. Devil says is a good idea as long they can find the bosses Via link as Mr. Devil gave for the bosses.

Mino✿

Mildly Menacing Medic
we do need more bosses since fighting the same old bosses over and over like Jack x3 in a row. I don't mind how few bosses there is, but it would be great to have new bosses added. Having a capture point in Egyptspot would be great for players that end up getting a crap boss against a camping engie. If you're Neo and there's a camping engie, it's basically a loss. It's kind of sad seeing people who can't get to a camping engie on that map. It is extreme bs tbh. The delay that happens because there's a camping boss makes it almost a third of the time a stalemate or a slay. Not fun.

Mother

Mildly Menacing Medic
That's true having to not do anything against camping engie mainly as a boss who is almost to a third of the time a stalemate or possibly a stalemate ain't as fun, even if you are in spectator who is waiting for either all players to die or for the boss to killed. Most of time for the bosses they have to use their rage just to get by them and its not fun to watch them struggle while almost everyone is in spectator dead.

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
That's true having to not do anything against camping engie mainly as a boss who is almost to a third of the time a stalemate or possibly a stalemate ain't as fun, even if you are in spectator who is waiting for either all players to die or for the boss to killed. Most of time for the bosses they have to use their rage just to get by them and its not fun to watch them struggle while almost everyone is in spectator dead.
Also some of the bosses such as gabe or neo or predator or even miku can't get inside the death trap room when there is a camping engine there and mostly we have to wait for a stalemate because both the boss and engie refuse to kill themselves.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Don't you think having a few more bosses could also make the game much better because we currently have about 17 bosses and 2/3 of the time only 2 bosses get played which is jack and miku. Adding a few more bosses could increase the number of players who don't take just hack and miku and give a fresh feeling to more rounds. Oh and I forgot to mention about Egypt spot. I think adding a control point can be very useful there because of the numerous number of places engineer can camp in the map. It's close to impossible to get the engineer for bosses like doom or gaben even if they use their rage.

I honestly don't like how people get to pick bosses. Back when people didn't know how to use the menu random bosses were a lot more fun and variable.

Reactions: Percilius

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
I honestly don't like how people get to pick bosses. Back when people didn't know how to use the menu random bosses were a lot more fun and variable.
But if we remove the selection menu now, there will be a lot of chaos in the servers.
Also adding more bosses could actually even help increasing player traffic in the server.

NatsumeHack

Scarcely Lethal Noob
I agree with adding a cp to Egypt spot but I also think we should add some more decent maps that aren't too small or have too many large health packs cuz rn I only see Egypt spot or ubran spot being played

Another Idea is to make Maps recently played unable to be nominated until A certain amount of other maps have been played.

Cream Tea

Epic Skial Regular
Legendary Mapper

@Bottiger why not make !ff2boss a donator command? That would be a big incentive to donate, unless everybody being able to use the command is still a big attraction to the servers.

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
@Bottiger why not make !ff2boss a donator command? That would be a big incentive to donate, unless everybody being able to use the command is still a big attraction to the servers.
But don't you think this could also reduce player traffic in the servers due to players not being able to choose their own bosses?
Also if your suggestion goes through we should add it as an Australian point reward.

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
Another Idea is to make Maps recently played unable to be nominated until A certain amount of other maps have been played.
Well once a map gets changed the previous map goes down in the map queue unless nominated for.

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
Also some players who were dead at the start of the round somehow manage to latespawn after the round started. I have seen many people basically abuse this exploit when there are about 2 people left in red in the round and this could prove fatal for the boss if he is at low health by the time that red would respawn so if we can remove the latespawn problem it would certainly help a lot.

Mr.Sm3x

Uncharitable Spy
i totally agrree with your ideas and i hope this gets add cause fighting the same boss over and over gets boring tbh :p