sov

Legendary Skial King
sounds cool, as long as those types of modes are in. Conquest is basiclly like a campaign

Twilight

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Let me give you a run down of whats gonna happen people spend a shitton of money on dlc/preorder, comes out shitty bunch of bugs, people complain as patches come out then sadly it become a average shooter XC

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Who's willing to bet that it will be battlefield reskinned yet again? :confused:

DICE said they're not making it a reskin of Battlefield. They said they're making it the way they feel Battlefront should be made, what ever that may end up being

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Wait there aren't going to be space battles? That's kind of a bummer. Oh well, still have a lot of hype for this!

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Updated my original post with some new info about the game. I'll try to keep updating it as new information comes out. If anyone knows any information that isn't up in my original post feel free to post it here and I'll add it to it

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Wait there aren't going to be space battles? That's kind of a bummer. Oh well, still have a lot of hype for this!

Yeah looks like there's no space battles. DICE confirmed it in a reddit thread.

Also, one thing I feel that's worth noting is it looks like its not intended to be a sequel to Battlefront 2. The game is simply labeled "Star Wars: Battlefront", no "3" anywhere.

8XRyDgX.png

So it looks like its not an actual sequel to Battlefront 2, rather a new game under the Battlefront title like Battlefront: Renegade Squadron.

Gonna edit this into my original post too

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yeah looks like there's no space battles. DICE confirmed it in a reddit thread.

Also, one thing I feel that's worth noting is it looks like its not intended to be a sequel to Battlefront 2. The game is simply labeled "Star Wars: Battlefront", no "3" anywhere.

8XRyDgX.png

So it looks like its not an actual sequel to Battlefront 2, rather a new game under the Battlefront title like Battlefront: Renegade Squadron.

Gonna edit this into my original post too
I just hope it's good.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I told Shoe about the whole no space battles thing. I think he has lost almost all hope for the game.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I told Shoe about the whole no space battles thing. I think he has lost almost all hope for the game.

I'm hoping they later make a proper sequel to Battlefront 2 after this. They got a 10 year license so it could happen but that's just optimistic thinking

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
maybe they will make a space battles dlc or maybe even a whole new game

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
jedi battle arena on mos eisley in battlefront 2 was the shit

I remember setting the score cap on like 500 and just playing for two hours straight.

My expectations for this game are high, and even though there may be no space battles (they were not exactly the best part of the game; that was taking down AT-ATs the same way they did it in episode 5 on Hoth) I'm still hoping for a solid product.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Can't be hyped for this one bit. Iv only heard bad things of this so far and can't say I'm impressed compared to the second game. I want to hope its good because Iv been waiting for this shit forever but I think its gunna be sub par at best.

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Some goodish news; there will be some air battles. Not space battles, but at least some dog fighting battles
http://www.latinpost.com/articles/5...eplay-release-date-dogfighting-fans-enjoy.htm

Honestly that sounds more appealing than the space battles.

Space battles played like this:
-Wait in the cockpit for the AI to finish grabbing whatever is there
-Either get
a.) A fighter (fuck the bombers, those were terrible)
or
b.) A transport
-Depending in what you got, you either destroy the frigates and parts A, B, and C of the ship (painfully long time)
Or you park in their cockpit and blow up everything in about three minutes

That's basically it, not that exciting so I have no idea why everyone is mad about the lack of repetitive space battles. Conquest and capture the flag were always my personal favorites, and that appears to be coming back so no complaints from me.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor

-Either get
or
b.) A transport
-Depending in what you got, you either destroy the frigates and parts A, B, and C of the ship (painfully long time)

That's basically it, not that exciting so I have no idea why everyone is mad about the lack of repetitive space battles. Conquest and capture the flag were always my personal favorites, and that appears to be coming back so no complaints from me.
I mostly just played Hero Assault, so the lack of space battles doesn't bother me that much.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

-Either get
or
b.) A transport

Space battles could of been done better but still had some fun parts to them. I was hoping DICE would/will pick them up again and better refine them.