Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
No idea if anyone else here plays/cares about the game but still

Pre-orders up: https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/battlefront/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

Darth Vader Teaser

Fighter Squadron Gameplay Trailer

Gameplay footage

Fighter Squadron Teaser Trailer

Co-op missions gameplay:

Gameplay Trailer:

2015 reveal trailer:

2014 announcement trailer:

Information
Updated when ever new info comes out (feel free to point out any new info that isn't on here)
Last updated: 9/14/15
- Release date set for November 17th, 2015 (source)
- The game is not intended to be a sequel to Battlefront 2. It looks like a new game under the Battlefront title similar to Battlefront: Renegade Squadron being under the Battlefront title as a non-Battlefront 2 sequel. (Source)
- Maximum player count is 40 (source)
- There will be no space battles (source) (Seriously? What the hell DICE?)
- There will be no clone wars area (source)
- There will be no 'traditional' campaign, however there are Singleplayer / Co-operative missions you play against AI (source)
- You can switch between first or third person mode in game (source)
- There will be various game modes with different player counts (source)
- "Many" different iconic Star Wars characters will be playable in the game such as Boba Fett and Darth Vader (source)
- The game isn't going to be designed as a Star Wars version of Battlefield (source)
- The game will launch with 12 online maps (source)
- There will be dog fight battles with a "fighter squadron" mode (source)
- According to the pre-order page, there's apparently emotes (source)
- There will be air vehicles flying around the maps similar to Battlefront 1 (source: game play trailer above)
- Vehicles, heroes and some other things will be obtainable through power ups on the map (source: gameplay footage above)
- There will be a king of the hill style game mode called "Drop Zone" (source)

System Requirements:

Minimum PC System Requirements

Processor (Intel): Intel i3 6300T or equivalent
Memory: 8GB RAM
Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space
Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
Graphics card (ATI): ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB
DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Recommended PC System Requirements
64-bit Windows 10 or later
Processor (Intel): Intel i5 6600 or equivalent
Memory: 16GB RAM
Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space
Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Last edited:

Ryulise

Wicked Nasty Engineer
oh man, hype! the nostalgia of being at my friend's house and having so much fun in the space battles. I hope it's like Elite Squadron, where there were multiple battlegrounds (space/planet/main ships) which was pretty fun, the only problem being load times. just don't lack vehicles or land in this (Renegade Squadron was pretty much similar to Elite, but had more maps/vehicles with bigger maps).

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
oh man, hype! the nostalgia of being at my friend's house and having so much fun in the space battles. I hope it's like Elite Squadron, where there were multiple battlegrounds (space/planet/main ships) which was pretty fun, the only problem being load times. just don't lack vehicles or land in this (Renegade Squadron was pretty much similar to Elite, but had more maps/vehicles with bigger maps).

When a different company was working on Battlefront 3 before it was scrapped at the last minute it had technology where you could transition from a land battle to a space battle on the same map

It's possible DICE could be bringing that back, but who knows

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Updated my original post with the reveal trailer

No actual gameplay footage yet unfortunately

Reactions: sov

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If they're taking preorders it means they won't cancel this one too, right?

EA is a huge publisher and owns DICE who are solid developers so its extremely unlikely that they would cancel Battlefront. To my knowledge I don't think there's even been any titles that have been cancelled mid production at DICE since they've been owned by EA.

sov

Legendary Skial King
I don't think EA will screw this game. I mean, this is their first shot at this franchise and they can't mess it up.

Well I've been waiting a decade for this so.
Yes. Very hyped.
If they're taking preorders it means they won't cancel this one too, right?
EA is a huge publisher and owns DICE who are solid developers so its extremely unlikely that they would cancel Battlefront. To my knowledge I don't think there's even been any titles that have been cancelled mid production at DICE since they've been owned by EA.
Is this about the open world Star Wars game that was supposed to come out? Is that canceled?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I don't think EA will screw this game. I mean, this is their first shot at this franchise and they can't mess it up.

Is this about the open world Star Wars game that was supposed to come out? Is that canceled?

Battlefront 3 was originally being developed by a different developer but it was cancelled. I think it may of also been picked up a second time and cancelled again awhile back

Because of it getting cancelled twice in a row its got some people on edge that it may get cancelled a third time but with DICE and EA its extremely unlikely to get cancelled a third time

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

Forgot to answer this, I think originally there was a open world star wars game that was in development before disney bought out star wars. I think that one may of been cancelled, but the one EA is working on (not sure if its the same one just swapping developers) is still being developed to my knowledge

sov

Legendary Skial King
Forgot to answer this, I think originally there was a open world star wars game that was in development before disney bought out star wars. I think that one may of been cancelled, but the one EA is working on (not sure if its the same one just swapping developers) is still being developed to my knowledge
So EA is developing an unknown star wars gaming and publishing Battlefront?

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Last edited:

Pinker-tan

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor

Silver Ag

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
never played 1, played 2 and i like it. if i hear battlefront 3 is good i'll probably buy it

sov

Legendary Skial King
what the hell? no conquest mode than??? Thats was one of the best parts of the game

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
what the hell? no conquest mode than??? Thats was one of the best parts of the game

The article says there's multiple modes with different player caps, I assume conquest will likely be one of those modes.