butterfingersman

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Please start a thread in the Suggestions forum.
As per request.
So, suppose you're playing on USW4 and someone keeps spamming, "Selling stranges! Check my bp! !bp Pootisboy69!"about eight times per round.
I think that should be a mute-worthy offense because seeing this so often is very irritating. It gets even distracting, and could be considered "team harming" to an extent.
The rule would be that players could maybe have 5 trade spams per round tops. With a warning at 4. I've been using this rule on USW4 for a while, and it seems to work very well.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
you guys know you can just use clientmute and that'll gag them on your end so you dont read it

butterfingersman

Contributor
that is true. and trading is a part of tf2 now. its stupid to ban people for it
I NEVER SAID BAN.
I've said this multiple times.
One can get warned at four trade spams, muted at five, and if he/she trade spams afterwards, we can get into temp bans.
Trading may be a part of TF2, but many people don't give a fuck. As Cylosis said,
It wouldn't be out of the question for a red text message reminding players that we have trade servers to appear in their chat feed if they use certain keywords, (buying, selling, ect) would it?

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I NEVER SAID BAN.
I've said this multiple times.
One can get warned at four trade spams, muted at five, and if he/she trade spams afterwards, we can get into temp bans.
Trading may be a part of TF2, but many people don't give a fuck. As Cylosis said,
clientmute them
problem solved

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
This may be true, but the person deserves a server-wide mute. Many people don't know how to client mute.
If one wants to spam chat with trade, then he should go on the trading servers.
some people like playing the game and trading. unlike most traders i enjoy playing tf2.

butterfingersman

Contributor
some people like playing the game and trading. unlike most traders i enjoy playing tf2.
Then use TF2Outpost or some shit while you're playing a game.
Or just keep it down to 1-3 trade spams a round. I'm talking about FLOODING the chat with trade.

Ruelel

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Then use TF2Outpost or some shit while you're playing a game.
Or just keep it down to 1-3 trade spams a round. I'm talking about FLOODING the chat with trade.
don't like it? clientmute like i said before.
and im not gonna open up tf2op in steam's shitty overlay just to do some trading

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
eh. -1 because spam is spam. If you think trade spam is spam then it's spam and that's in the rules.

lol, we already have a rule for this XD

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
what you guys do not understand is that tf2 is turning more into a trading game and less into a shooting game. some items are worth a lot of money. And tf2 items are also incorporated into other games, and vice versa. Trading is only going to get bigger.

I think bottiger should decline this idea. Trading is a major part of tf2 now. And punishing people for trading is stupid. If you don't want to see it, simply client mute. its not as big of a deal as you are making it.

Ozone

Server-Clearing Cynic
I want them to be muted and gagged. A bunch of people on egypt has started trading shit a lot recently and some people seem irritated by it including me since I've seen people just standing in spawn spamming trade messages instead of playing. It's really annoying since one team ends up with one or two less players which isn't fun for anyone well except maybe for the killwhores.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
I think bottiger should decline this idea. Trading is a major part of tf2 now. And punishing people for trading is stupid. If you don't want to see it, simply client mute. its not as big of a deal as you are making it.
What if they are just standing in spawn spamming text instead of actually helping the team? Again, there are trade servers, and it's both a loss of teammate and a server spot if some wanka's there doing nothing but spamming.

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
What if they are just standing in spawn spamming text instead of actually helping the team? Again, there are trade servers, and it's both a loss of teammate and a server spot if some wanka's there doing nothing but spamming.
Spam is spam is spam. Not playing is griefing.

WE ALREADY HAVE RULES FOR THIS.

Ozone

Server-Clearing Cynic
what you guys do not understand is that tf2 is turning more into a trading game and less into a shooting game. some items are worth a lot of money. And tf2 items are also incorporated into other games, and vice versa. Trading is only going to get bigger.

It's the people doing nothing but trading on non-trade servers that has to go. There are trade servers for a reason and tf2outpost and many other sites are there for the people who only wants to trade. You know what's an even more major part in tf2? Playing the game the way it's meant to.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
Spam is spam is spam. Not playing is griefing.

WE ALREADY HAVE RULES FOR THIS.
article-1173773-04AD96E2000005DC-616_468x332.jpg

Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam...

I don't think it's necessarily the same; Spam and griefing is bannable, whereas we're only suggesting, at worst, a kick or mute. Also, people need clarifying about what to do and not to do. Some people might see trade spam as completely allowed, and not as spam or griefing.

Reactions: Cylosis

Giildy

Australian Skial God
Contributor
article-1173773-04AD96E2000005DC-616_468x332.jpg

Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and spam; egg bacon and spam; egg bacon sausage and spam; spam bacon sausage and spam; spam egg spam spam bacon and spam; spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam...

I don't think it's necessarily the same; Spam and griefing is bannable, whereas we're only suggesting, at worst, a kick or mute. Also, people need clarifying about what to do and not to do. Some people might see trade spam as completely allowed, and not as spam or griefing.
but if spam and griefing are bannable, and admins are all 'ehhhh I suppose you are spamming' they could warn the person before banning them. They could even mute or kick the person as a part of the warning! :O

butterfingersman

Contributor
but if spam and griefing are bannable, and admins are all 'ehhhh I suppose you are spamming' they could warn the person before banning them. They could even mute or kick the person as a part of the warning! :O
I just want to see a small amendment to the rules. Maybe make the spamming rule a little more in-depth and include trade spam in the rule directly.
(Maybe instead of just "Spamming." it can become "Spamming. This includes spamming the chat or mic with trade, music, or useless speech that is purposely intended to annoy people.")
Also, I believe a ban for trade spam right up front is too harsh. As I suggested MULTIPLE times,