butterfingersman

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Please start a thread in the Suggestions forum.
As per request.
So, suppose you're playing on USW4 and someone keeps spamming, "Selling stranges! Check my bp! !bp Pootisboy69!"about eight times per round.
I think that should be a mute-worthy offense because seeing this so often is very irritating. It gets even distracting, and could be considered "team harming" to an extent.
The rule would be that players could maybe have 5 trade spams per round tops. With a warning at 4. I've been using this rule on USW4 for a while, and it seems to work very well.

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I only trade during the set-up times and only if its a quick trade. Like something for a ref.

+1

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
Sort_of_want.jpg

Reactions: butterfingersman

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
Normally they stop if you ask/lecture them, but nothing kills me more than when people step in to defend them.
Anyway, this gets a huge +1 from me.
It wouldn't be out of the question for a red text message reminding players that we have trade servers to appear in their chat feed if they use certain keywords, (buying, selling, ect) would it?

"Aye pootisboy69, you mind doing that elsewhere?"
"trading is a pert of tf2 cyclosis quit whining lol"
"If I wanted people pandering shit to me, I'd go to US20."
"meybe you should change your name to crylosis lol"
:harpdarp:

Rvsz

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I don't really mind, but I can see how upsetting this is for some, so I'll +1 this too.

A ban should be too harsh for this though, I think a warning from an admin would be more fair for the first offence.

It wouldn't be out of the question for a red text message reminding players that we have trade servers to appear in their chat feed if they use certain keywords, (buying, selling, ect) would it?/quote]
This is a great idea.

butterfingersman

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
I don't really mind, but I can see how upsetting this is for some, so I'll +1 this too.

A ban should be too harsh for this though, I think a warning from an admin would be more fair for the first offence.

This is a great idea.
As I said, no ban, just a standard mute after a warning.
Agrees: 8
Disagrees: 1 (Jwsoooo!)