theoatsman

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Sonic gets triple jump, one shot engie buildings, runs faster than scout, one shots light classes, his super sonic one shots everyone except high overheal targets and kgb heavy, and his lunge uses 10% rage and has a 5 second if even cooldown... and while it only does around 50 damage its insanely good for movement which i think is overkill for sonic as he also gets a fairly quick jump and instant weighdown too. Overall I think his kit just has too much in it and im not the only one who feels this way, people complain about sonic as much or about as much as one punch man which is the most complained about boss. You can make the argument that something like KGB heavy counters sonic due to higher health pool and decreased damage intake, but its nowhere as good as a counter as it was vs pre buff sonic. Sonic can just run away from them quite literally until the heavy is isolated and pick him off, or hell just use super sonic and 2 shot him. Pre-buff sonic was definitely struggling but I think his kit is seriously overkill now and not many like playing against him.

Doktoberfest

FF2 Balancer
either that or the rest of the server is just bad (skial players on ther way to be bad at the game)

theoatsman

either that or the rest of the server is just bad (skial players on ther way to be bad at the game)
it quite literally is that cuz the few people who know to " counter" play "counter" and then the server gets shafted and sonic has easy rage to deal with the actual "counter" players, like its not that the boss is good or anything, they can literally just hold run at mos the server and kill em easily

Doktoberfest

FF2 Balancer
it quite literally is that cuz the few people who know to " counter" play "counter" and then the server gets shafted and sonic has easy rage to deal with the actual "counter" players, like its not that the boss is good or anything, they can literally just hold run at mos the server and kill em easily
i just wanna point out and herp made a good point on this but by ur logic we should nerf a good chunk of the cast as well if we're looking at the entire kit + rage

Demopan: his r gives him just as much if not more mobility than sonic just because of his tide turner and he has a stun rage (always welcome)
Gaben: come on now hit e to win his rage is just that simple
TFC: bro stalls the round just to get all decked out after that its a pure sweep
Chaddiger: literally his entire boss is based around his rage and yet he still cleans unless there is 1 competent player (i've had to 1v1 chaddigers many times)
Pred: not played often but bro has an invis watch. if you've seen calicauss play them you'd know hes deadly af

now do i see threads about any of these people because of their entire kit? no? wonder why 🤔

Doktoberfest

FF2 Balancer
by your logic the rage itself should have counter play which defeats the whole purpose of a Rage

if a sonic HAS to rage to get by counterplay then thats the whole point of a rage. an easy elimination of counter play
now if sonic is sweeping a server without using ANY of their kit (only super jump) then i can see how ther OP
but so far i've only seen people who know how to play the game achieve a feat like that

theoatsman

i just wanna point out and herp made a good point on this but by ur logic we should nerf a good chunk of the cast as well if we're looking at the entire kit + rage

Demopan: his r gives him just as much if not more mobility than sonic just because of his tide turner and he has a stun rage (always welcome)
Gaben: come on now hit e to win his rage is just that simple
TFC: bro stalls the round just to get all decked out after that its a pure sweep
Chaddiger: literally his entire boss is based around his rage and yet he still cleans unless there is 1 competent player (i've had to 1v1 chaddigers many times)
Pred: not played often but bro has an invis watch. if you've seen calicauss play them you'd know hes deadly af

now do i see threads about any of these people because of their entire kit? no? wonder why 🤔

the thing is I've already said i dont want all his shit to be nerfed, just nerfing one of his options or some shit would be good for me, like personally i only want his lunge nerfed or what, but i often see people who play somewhat regularly mention that they dont like fighting this boss or that he should be nerfed so i made this thread to try to have some change

Doktoberfest

FF2 Balancer
the thing is I've already said i dont want all his shit to be nerfed, just nerfing one of his options or some shit would be good for me, like personally i only want his lunge nerfed or what, but i often see people who play somewhat regularly mention that they dont like fighting this boss or that he should be nerfed so i made this thread to try to have some change
and not many people like fighting gabe, or chad, or any other annoying hale so i fail to see why i should change

at best i could make his kit cost a bit more rage but thats really about as much as i can see for you

that and maybe nerfing his building damage but honestly thats all i can see for them

theoatsman

and not many people like fighting gabe, or chad, or any other annoying hale so i fail to see why i should change

at best i could make his kit cost a bit more rage but thats really about as much as i can see for you

that and maybe nerfing his building damage but honestly thats all i can see for them
i mean that would kind of work for me tbh, I've mostly been relaying arguments against sonic from what ive heard people say about sonic or from discussions in general but like him not one shotting buildings or having more cd on lunge or something would be cool with me, he just has a shit ton of good stuff