theoatsman

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Sonic gets triple jump, one shot engie buildings, runs faster than scout, one shots light classes, his super sonic one shots everyone except high overheal targets and kgb heavy, and his lunge uses 10% rage and has a 5 second if even cooldown... and while it only does around 50 damage its insanely good for movement which i think is overkill for sonic as he also gets a fairly quick jump and instant weighdown too. Overall I think his kit just has too much in it and im not the only one who feels this way, people complain about sonic as much or about as much as one punch man which is the most complained about boss. You can make the argument that something like KGB heavy counters sonic due to higher health pool and decreased damage intake, but its nowhere as good as a counter as it was vs pre buff sonic. Sonic can just run away from them quite literally until the heavy is isolated and pick him off, or hell just use super sonic and 2 shot him. Pre-buff sonic was definitely struggling but I think his kit is seriously overkill now and not many like playing against him.

Doktoberfest

FF2 Balancer
skial players on ther way to complain about any boss they can't play scout or sniper agaisnt

ya'll say its overkill but lemmie tell you all i hear is a massive skill issue if i can get top damage nearly every round with any sonic i face then all of ya are just crying xd

and don't give me the "well why can sonic wipe entire servers without taking much damage" ANY good hale can wipe a server without taking much damage hell ANY good hale can be played and seem OP. Sonic has clear counterplay and none of ya are doing anything about it

tl;dr not changing my boss cry about it 🙂

theoatsman

skial players on ther way to complain about any boss they can't play scout or sniper agaisnt

ya'll say its overkill but lemmie tell you all i hear is a massive skill issue if i can get top damage nearly every round with any sonic i face then all of ya are just crying xd

and don't give me the "well why can sonic wipe entire servers without taking much damage" ANY good hale can wipe a server without taking much damage hell ANY good hale can be played and seem OP. Sonic has clear counterplay and none of ya are doing anything about it

tl;dr not changing my boss cry about it 🙂
What counterplay? Kgb heavy? the one melee class that can live a few of his hits but the boss can just run away or lunge to knock him away or 2 shot with super sonic? your idea of counterplay isnt as good as you think, and those few times you've played on here you pretty much just got lucky that the sonic didn't use his tools correctly as nowadays kgb's can barely get any damage on him as i stated by the boss just running or lunging away or using supersonic to 2 shot him. We've tried counterplay, the most effective thing has been to use short circuit/ pomison slow but it only works so well. I'm sure if there's a way to see, you can see sonic's winrate shoot up a shit ton too.

Reactions: Kedgy

Doktoberfest

FF2 Balancer
What counterplay? Kgb heavy? the one melee class that can live a few of his hits but the boss can just run away or lunge to knock him away or 2 shot with super sonic? your idea of counterplay isnt as good as you think, and those few times you've played on here you pretty much just got lucky that the sonic didn't use his tools correctly as nowadays kgb's can barely get any damage on him as i stated by the boss just running or lunging away or using supersonic to 2 shot him. We've tried counterplay, the most effective thing has been to use short circuit/ pomison slow but it only works so well. I'm sure if there's a way to see, you can see sonic's winrate shoot up a shit ton too.
lucky? my guy if you've played skial in the past you'd know that bosses can pull much larger bs
besides you call this OP? again refer to above the server was fine till all of you came along and nerfed almost every hale into the ground

theoatsman

lucky? my guy if you've played skial in the past you'd know that bosses can pull much larger bs
besides you call this OP? again refer to above the server was fine till all of you came along and nerfed almost every hale into the ground
i dont know what you mean about most hales being nerfed into the ground, many bosses have been buffed to be better (darth vader, DK, doom, rock) for example have been better than they almost ever have. I can only really think of mario and cave being somewhat worse now but they aren't garbage. Also, whatever you think is counterplay for sonic doesn't work very well unless literally a majority of the server knows what to do which is literally impossible to get to happen

theoatsman

the only thing i disagree on about sonic is his ability to 1 shot buildings
everything else is fine to me

sweet wompum you dont have the faintest idea of true power
I'd be fine with even that shit not one shotting because it would add some more counterplay variety of more than MAYBE 3 things, otherwise engie is pretty useless aside from his slowing weapons due to sonic just lunging and killing sentries like that.

Doktoberfest

FF2 Balancer
i dont know what you mean about most hales being nerfed into the ground, many bosses have been buffed to be better (darth vader, DK, doom, rock) for example have been better than they almost ever have. I can only really think of mario and cave being somewhat worse now but they aren't garbage. Also, whatever you think is counterplay for sonic doesn't work very well unless literally a majority of the server knows what to do which is literally impossible to get to happen
oh boy here we go
gaben was just fine for years: nerfed
Vader: do NOT say bro was buffed if you saw his true prime you would know
Jack: please god help that man
Demopan: yea lets give the person who clearly has a charge n targe a mf TIDE TURNER
DK: was more of a rework than anything

also your blamming the majority of the server not knowing what to do news flash buddy People who play skial have little to no brain cells of course you're gonna be on your own

herp 105.4

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
I'd be fine with even that shit because it would add some more counterplay variety of more than MAYBE 3 things, otherwise engie is pretty useless aside from his slowing weapons due to sonic just lunging and killing sentries like that.
oat theres been gunslinger engies that got about 3-5k damage by running that with widowmaker
also pyro can do some shit to sonic, though most feed so lets skip that
demoman is great against sonic from personal experience
spy is spy
soldier is soldier tho i am sad that i cannot go funny bison escape plan
scout shortstop does numbers
fuckin heavy is heavy got 50 ways to kill a sonic
medic is medic and has 50 ways to bully a sonic
sniper dead

theoatsman

oh boy here we go
gaben was just fine for years: nerfed
Vader: do NOT say bro was buffed if you saw his true prime you would know
Jack: please god help that man
Demopan: yea lets give the person who clearly has a charge n targe a mf TIDE TURNER
DK: was more of a rework than anything

also your blamming the majority of the server not knowing what to do news flash buddy People who play skial have little to no brain cells of course you're gonna be on your own
ok yea maybe not vader lmao i forgot about his thingg that would kill half the server, jack got fucked, gaben yeah, demopan gott a buff with that tide turner shit and yeah sure with dk.
I'm not asking to destroy sonic or anything but like what the fuck are we supposed to do when the server gets destroyed by sonic and that just leaves any players trying to use the "counters" to be destroyed by his rage. If anything his lunge being nerfed or something would be fine by me

Doktoberfest

FF2 Balancer
ok yea maybe not vader lmao i forgot about his thingg that would kill half the server, jack got fucked, gaben yeah, demopan gott a buff with that tide turner shit and yeah sure with dk.
I'm not asking to destroy sonic or anything but like what the fuck are we supposed to do when the server gets destroyed by sonic and that just leaves any players trying to use the "counters" to be destroyed by his rage. If anything his lunge being nerfed or something would be fine by me
again any good hale player will destory a server with a hale they know how to use
back in my shrek days i did the same shit and people wanted me to stop spamming the shrek weighdown since i knew how to use it so well

tl;dr again any hale will look good in the hands of a good player its just the way the game works. its near impossible to win against a good hale player unless you do some form of cheese/gimp

Doktoberfest

FF2 Balancer
hell take snake games back in the day steller would get away taking just as little damage as sonic would

Because he knows how to play the game

theoatsman

again any good hale player will destory a server with a hale they know how to use
back in my shrek days i did the same shit and people wanted me to stop spamming the shrek weighdown since i knew how to use it so well

tl;dr again any hale will look good in the hands of a good player its just the way the game works. its near impossible to win against a good hale player unless you do some form of cheese/gimp
Okay but like not good players are winning with him lmao, some just main him because hes the only boss they can win with because he's super easy.

Doktoberfest

FF2 Balancer
if ur losing against someone who barely knows what ther doin thats just a skill issue
Okay but like not good players are winning with him lmao, some just main him because hes the only boss they can win with because he's super easy.