How old are you (if "12 or younger" or "21 or older" post a specific response)

• Total voters
D

DeadHerald

When a baby elephant is born to a circus it's tied to a stake with a rope. In it's current state, it is far too weak to break free of the stake, but it tries anyway. It expends ungodly amounts of energy trying to do so, but eventually it will give up and resign to being tied to the stake. What you've heard about elephants never forgetting is true. And this experience remains with the elephant for the rest of it's life. So the circus people can keep the elephant in place with a small stake, because the elephant has learned that no amount of force could possibly break it free from that little piece of wood. Even though that's clearly not the case.

It's an interesting piece of trivia which is quite relevant to my life and utter lack of dignity and self-worth.

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
When a baby elephant is born to a circus it's tied to a stake with a rope. In it's current state, it is far too weak to break free of the stake, but it tries anyway. It expends ungodly amounts of energy trying to do so, but eventually it will give up and resign to being tied to the stake. What you've heard about elephants never forgetting is true. And this experience remains with the elephant for the rest of it's life. So the circus people can keep the elephant in place with a small stake, because the elephant has learned that no amount of force could possibly break it free from that little piece of wood. Even though that's clearly not the case.

It's an interesting piece of trivia which is quite relevant to my life and utter lack of dignity and self-worth.
Well, it's your life so you're free to do whatever you wish. If that means letting others rule over it, so be it. Just think it's sad, personally.

Lord Killington

Legendary Skial King

Is that really true?

JarlyX

Epic Skial Regular
damn... all the kids here are too old for my taste
pedobear.jpg