• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Sensitivity values are meaningless to others, as every mouse will be different at specific settings.
What is a better comparison of values is to plot the distance taken to do a 180 degree turn.
Most pro 'ehem' players, say that a larger distance is better (lower sens) which is why we see such large gaming mats nowadays, however some argue that high dpi negates the need for such distances to gain the precision needed.
Don't forget that your sensitivity in game is also a relative factor to the sensitivity and mouse accelaration (pointer precision check box) you have set in windows (in fact i'm not sure if this is true for TF2, but it is for many other games) basicaly changing you windows sens will change your ingame sens.
Speaking genericaly i would say the lower the sens you can play with with sniper the better, you have less distance to cover with your CH when zoomed, and so do not need to do those 180s so much. so lower sens with a low - moderate accelaration value for unzoomed play would be more precise.
The polling rate of your mouse is a factor as well, but this is a more complex analysis, and higher rates can make your system glitchy if not configured properly (win7 is a bitch to configure)

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Found you can tweak the crossover between windows sens and ingame. these settings will get your mouse doing what you want when you want it.
Another command which might be useful for sniper is the pitch and yaw settings.. lower up and down to side to side sens ratio to keep at head level ;)
(haven't tried these myself in TF2 but used to tweak a lot of these exact commands in q3)

m_customaccel : 0 : , "a", "cl" : Custom mouse acceleration: 0: custom accelaration disabled 1: mouse_acceleration = min(m_customaccel_max, pow(raw_mouse_delta,
m_customaccel_exponent : 1 : , "a", "cl" : Mouse move is raised to this power before being scaled by scale factor.
m_customaccel_max : 0 : , "a", "cl" : Max mouse move scale factor, 0 for no limit
m_customaccel_scale : 0 : , "a", "cl" : Custom mouse acceleration value.
m_filter : 0 : , "a", "cl" : Mouse filtering (set this to 1 to average the mouse over 2 frames).
m_forward : 1 : , "a", "cl" : Mouse forward factor.
m_mouseaccel1 : 0 : , "a", "cl" : Windows mouse acceleration initial threshold (2x movement).
m_mouseaccel2 : 0 : , "a", "cl" : Windows mouse acceleration secondary threshold (4x movement).
m_mousespeed : 1 : , "a", "cl" : Windows mouse acceleration (0 to disable, 1 to enable [Windows 2000: enable initial threshold], 2 to enable secondary threshold
m_pitch : 0 : , "a", "cl" : Mouse pitch factor.
m_rawinput : 0 : , "a", "cl" : Use Raw Input for mouse input.
m_side : 0 : , "a", "cl" : Mouse side factor.
m_yaw : 0 : , "a", "cl" : Mouse yaw factor.

Perseus Dash Jackson

Epic Skial Regular
Well. I've been playing games since I was reasonably small. A few weeks ago I was playing COD: MW3 at a friend's house(single-player) and I had to turn down the sensitivity because it was ridiculous. I turned it all the way down to super-low, which is pretty much how I play. But compared to TF2... I think my 180 is something like 2 inches, but I'm perfectly comfortable with this.

tl;dr Don't bother with what other people do, do whatever's comfortable.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Jesus, I play at 13 sensitivity.
Don't ask how I aim.
I always thought it was like this:
blindfolded_forecaster.jpg

λir

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
I'm not trying to be smug, but saying your sens is 1 or 2 or 3 doesn't really mean anything, everyone has different mice, and your windows sens might be different than someone elses. Usually people give the # of inches for a 360. If you don't know this, you can go here:http://www.notalent.org/sensitivity/sensitivity.htm and find it.

To give my input, my sens is set to .61 in game, and it translates to 21.5 inches for a 360 on MY computer. And one more thing, sniping is not about what sens, there is no perfect sens. you use what YOU as a player find comfortable. I have an extremely low sens, i can aim fine with it. I don't play very much sniper though.

This Name Is False

Totally Ordinary Human
Yeah, need some help with Sniper as well. Haven't played the class in so long that I can't even get a decent KDR nor help my team that well.
What rifle do you use? If its not the Sydney Sleeper, try that if you're looking for team support. Its the one to use to help the team take down targets; even if you can't make a one-shot-kill, your teammates will do the rest.

Derpingson

Totally Ordinary Human
What rifle do you use? If its not the Sydney Sleeper, try that if you're looking for team support. Its the one to use to help the team take down targets; even if you can't make a one-shot-kill, your teammates will do the rest.

It mostly depends on the map I'm playing. If I can get some closure and be able to snipe without being attacked by someone who is capping, I go with the stock/Machina to headshot. I don't get it much of the time, but recently noticed that I've gotten a 2:3 headshot to kill ratio. But that's throughout ~8 rounds with an empty Skial server. (Basically 6v6 all bots, however they always crouch, strafe and jump randomly when capping and such)

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
I used to play with like, 0.30 sensitivity, I don't know how the hell I was able to aim. After cranking it up to 0.99, I've noticed a increase in my ability to aim.

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
Y'know the guy had a point when he said you post in inches per 360 turn.
Posting tf2 sens don't mean anything.
You could playing in 0.25 but have 4000dpi.

Also selecting raw input will override windows mouse multipliers. You'll probably have to increase to sens to compenstate. Works for me for a more reliable mouse input.