• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
yes, i am asking a question about sniper.

I changed my sensitivty. and idk if i like it. im trying to get better cause im not where i wanna be. So, for people who play sniper what is your sensitivity?

Mine was 2.05 and i changed it to 1.6

i figured slower is more accurate. then again it can also screw u over if u cant quick scope. I am adjusting to the new sensitivity. but im trying to decide is it really worth it

just trying to improve my game ;)

lpN

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm at 1.7. also dont forget zoom_sensitivity_ratio is default 1.0 try lowering it to .84 it changes the sensitivity when your zoomed.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
well i orgianlly adjusted my sniper play to have a higher sensitivty. In my head, if i am faster then the other sniper i should win the majority of the time, as long as im consistant in aiming.

However i missed alot, shots that i shouldn't miss. So i decided to turn it down, i figured if i can quick scope, the high sens will not matter as much as i think

Derpingson

Totally Ordinary Human
Yeah, need some help with Sniper as well. Haven't played the class in so long that I can't even get a decent KDR nor help my team that well.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Yeah, need some help with Sniper as well. Haven't played the class in so long that I can't even get a decent KDR nor help my team that well.

i never said i needed help in sniper. I just said im interested in what peopls sensitivies are ;) . i think im good at it, just not as good as i want

Derpingson

Totally Ordinary Human
i never said i needed help in sniper. I just said im interested in what peopls sensitivies are ;) . i think im good at it, just not as good as i want

Ah. Well, it's somewhat the case for me. Wanted to just pop inside this thread to say thanks to people who gave in some Sniper info (IpN)

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
how the fuck do u aim. lol
I need to turn it down a bit though. There's fail times when I've missed a heavies head with his minigun spinned up :(

EDIT: Turned it down to 3.14. Already feel the difference, don't know if its good or bad yet though.

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
Most good snipers tend to have a lower sensitivity to adjust for a wider margin or error when they aim and shoot.
You should be able to be to turn 180 degrees in one motion.
You can also install a script to change your sensitivity for just when your scoped in.

I don't recommend people to change their sens as they have muscle memory to react to things going on around them
especially Zebra who has something like 2500hrs in tf2 so changing sens involves learning how to aim all over again (especially important for hitscan classes; scout, sniper)

Bottom line is, adjust what suites you. If you can change DPI on your mouse they try changing that too (from 200 to 1800)