• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Photek

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
i play with 2.17 in-game sensitivity with 900 dpi, windows sensitivity is 6/11. Changing zoom sensitivity can also help.

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Y'know the guy had a point when he said you post in inches per 360 turn.
Posting tf2 sens don't mean anything.
You could playing in 0.25 but have 4000dpi.

Also selecting raw input will override windows mouse multipliers. You'll probably have to increase to sens to compenstate. Works for me for a more reliable mouse input.
Your wasting your time, I provided a long winded explanation on mouse sens, distance needed to turn, dpi, polling rate, cvars, etc, way back in this thread, then, further down the line someone else posted the same.
A lot of people are not reading the thread, just posting their sens.

Gohan

Mildly Menacing Medic
I used to play with sens around 2 when I started out. Later I changed to 3.21 when I started playing a lot of soldier. Sniper and soldier are my two most played classes and I am too lazy to adjust sens for each. So I put it in the middle =]

Honestly, one can get used to anything. Now with a higher sens, I have to be able to be really precise, predict and lead my aim, and this has caused to develop into a better sniper than a camper. I still get >85% headshots and when I am having an off day, I switch to soldier to get some sweet dominations :D

Monkey D. Luffy

Mildly Menacing Medic
Contributor
mine is 2.95 using machina
I'm satisfied with it because compared to another sniper with slower sensitivity im much quicker to aim.
another advantage for me is i can easily turn around for spies or other classes who is trying to disrupt my killing spree :D
of course at first its hard to aim if you are using high sensitivity but after you get used to it you're as dangerous as a heavy killing everyone easily.
I'm using machina because sometimes when im not in the mood for headshots i can still kill the enemy thru bodyshots. the disadvantage of course is the trace or the laser like beam whatever you call it. hehe it reveals my location so i become a target. its hard to snipe when you are being bombarded with rockets you see. haha so what i always do is if nobody notices me i stay on the sniping area but if not i change location.
by the way I'm sorry for writing too much when your just asking for the sensitivity. i was just thinking that maybe i can also get other advises about sniping so that i can also improve my sniping skills. thanks

MilleNX

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Instead of finding a set sensitivity, I would suggest finding your threshold. You want as much sensitivity you can afford while still being accurate, so gradually increasing until you feel you can't match your target accuracy will probably yield you the best results long-term.

I often read that mouse acceleration is a no-no when aiming for accuracy (no pun intended). I actually find that setting it right might actually curve the weakness of very low sensitivity.

I spend most of my game-time as a sniper quickscoping headshots whenever I can regardless of class. Killing someone by headshooting them twice is far more satisfying than landing a charged headshot, and it helped me increase sensitivity at a faster rate.

Conan O'Fryin'

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
DON'T POST YOUR SENSITIVITY IN THINGS LIKE 3, 2.5 OR WHATEVER. IT'S IRRELEVANT. USE INCHES PER 360.

Even that won't tell us anything. Most people have mouse acceleration on, which means that the faster you move the mouse, the further it will go per inch. It's defaulted on Windows, and I don't think anyone really turns it off

MilleNX

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Even that won't tell us anything. Most people have mouse acceleration on, which means that the faster you move the mouse, the further it will go per inch. It's defaulted on Windows, and I don't think anyone really turns it off

Mouse Acceleration does not yield a linear multiplier. The actual output speed depends on how fast you are displacing the cursor between two points, so it will vary depending on the base speed of your movements.

Conan O'Fryin'

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Mouse Acceleration does not yield a linear multiplier. The actual output speed depends on how fast you are displacing the cursor between two points, so it will vary depending on the base speed of your movements.

Are we on the same page? I am saying that measuring mouse speed in inches per 360 won't be of any use because it will vary on how fast you move the mouse in the motion (Assuming mouse acceleration is turned on). So, for example, when I sweep my finger across my touchpad very slowly, it takes six inches of movement to achieve a full turn, but if I do it quickly, it takes one and three quarters to go around

Maddo

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
On the subject of mouse acc/dpi/sens etc, can anyone advise me on how to fix the polling rate on my razer abysuss?
there is a switch on the bottom which allows me to switch between 125hz and 1,000hz, on 125 no probs, but when i switch to 1,000 mouse becomes dead.
I have latest drivers and am running win7.