Status
Not open for further replies.

Kolmio

Unremarkable User
didnt we agree lowballing isnt scamming? i put up the arugment long ago that lowballing is a form of scamming. everyone including bottiger disagreed
Yeah. I know there is a huge difference between lowballing and scamming. But looking at the picture (linked at my above post) will show you that Smokey was trying to scam the buds. He lied the price of the items he offered and he did the same thing to three of us.

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Basically to sum all this up I foolishly tried my luck at their buds and was oblivious to the fact that they were just faking the noob disguise. Then I was stupid enough to lie about the price. I've said it enough already but I really am completely sorry.

Seppo74

Wicked Nasty Engineer
again i brought that idea up. lieing about prices and lowballing isnt scamming. according to people. its just considered lowballing
Lying, lowballing, a thin line. People who say that lowballing isn't scamming just want to lowball.

Smokey

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Zebra, go ahead and lock this thread if you want to, it's all yours. Shit is just getting WAY out of hand here.

KillerZebra

Strange Lurker
Contributor
Lying, lowballing, a thin line. People who say that lowballing isn't scamming just want to lowball.

So the head admin, bottiger, wants to lowball?

The majority of the trade community does not consider lowballing to be scamming. We are not going to consider it that either.

locking on smokeys request

Seppo74

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Okay, thought i might as well bring this up
Seppo, you say he tried to scam you while on your friends list is Del Piero
How is this a plot twist? :D I'm a scammer? :trollexcited:

He is on my friends list, what difference does that make? I've traded with him and he has helped me in unusual trading. I don't know anything about his scammings or what he has done and I don't care since he isn't a member here anymore.

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Probably shouldn't be posting this but meh.

By dictionary definition, it IS a scam:
a dishonest scheme; a fraud : [with adj. ] an insurance scam.

By most traders point of view, its completely different. When 2 people put both their items into the trade box, they are accepting the offer, therefor nullifying the
dishonest
part. You are not forced to put anything in that box.

The trader that is getting "ripped" off, is happy. When he/she finds out the real value of an item its their fault, they had accepted the offer already. When you trade something with someone else, you can't reverse the offer.

In the TF2 trading community, this is not scamming, because as I said above, the person has accepted the offer. Its doesn't matter whether the person knows the value or not. Whether you want an admin that does this to people (not hinting at anything)? Whole different argument.

I've seen this same argument come up on multiple trading sites by multiple consistant traders, and almost all of them reach the same conclusion. There is always going to be that handful that think everyone should get everything at full value.

I have had multiple people trade me offering their unusual which is worth quite a bit more for mine, and they ask me if its ok, I say yes, its fine. But one guy asked me for a price check of his hat and mine, I told him the truth, that his was worth more then mine. Then he cancelled the trade which I had no problem with.

Of course everyone is entitled to their own opinions and thoughts, just throwing this out there for food for thought.

If you wan't to continue this discussion I'll be glad to follow up, just don't do it here. (PM, trade chat, unmoderated).

Status
Not open for further replies.