Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Does fighting level 9 bots help you train, or is there a better method to help in the competition? I am extremely bad so I want to know how to get better.
Level 9 cpus just read your inputs, so they aren't that great to train with. If you want to train with bots use a level 7. You can also just use training mode to learn characters and whatnot. I would say play for glory but it's not very good, use Smash ladder and you're bound to find some decent players. Just playing against others helps loads.

Oh yeah and watch this youtuber's videos, he shows off some very useful stuff.

Nerd

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Level 9 cpus just read your inputs, so they aren't that great to train with. If you want to train with bots use a level 7. You can also just use training mode to learn characters and whatnot. I would say play for glory but it's not very good, use Smash ladder and you're bound to find some decent players. Just playing against others helps loads.

Oh yeah and watch this youtuber's videos, he shows off some very useful stuff.
That youtuber doesn't have a video for my character, but I watched some other youtube videos for help.

Thanks for your help.

Sheev_Palpatine

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Does fighting level 9 bots help you train, or is there a better method to help in the competition? I am extremely bad so I want to know how to get better.
You can always beat the crap out of me for practice! Playing against other people has helped me a lot. Bots are okay, but they aren't as great and fun. For Glory is a mixed bag, and not that great in learning things.

Also, how does July 12th at 1PM sound for everyone?

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Look around locally and see if people host Smash bros tournaments (especially free ones). You learn faster if you play with the best around and it's a great way to hook up with a community.

Deer Force

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
just let me rape you and eventually you'll be able to take like one stock off me
it worked for sroy :^)

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
All I did was play against Dr.Shoe over and over. I hate fighting Luigi but that was almost all he plays.