Hype?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I was bored and decided to think about Master Hand's origin. Here's what I got. Master Hand, aka the creator of the Smash universe is actually just a kid playing with action figures/trophies and imagining the fights we see as he plays with them. This is pretty obvious when you look at the Intro. for Smash 64 when you see Master Hand pull the dolls out of the drawer while arranging his desk to look like Peach's castle. Where this theory gets interesting is when you fight him at the end of the Classic campaign and this is where theories start to diverge. Some say the dolls actually are sentient and are thus trying to strike down the actual creator, i.e. the kid, but I strongly disagree with this since the game over and ending seems to contradict this where doll becomes inanimate or the trophy tips over implying that the kid is done playing with his toys. Interestingly, beating the game also has the same results in later games where the character turns into a trophy implying the same outcome. Thus it can be presumed the Master Hand/the kid never truly dies but instead is just done playing with the "game". In Melee Nintendo decides to take this concept a step further by introducing Crazy Hand the "partner" of Master Hand. How does this bring anymore significance to the Smash world being all in the kid's head? My explanation is in the comment below.
fvmnmBX.png

So now this theory is pretty solid but there's still some outliers to it. More specifically, Tabuu and the Master Core. Who are these guys and how do they apply to this theory? Well for Tabuu's case its pretty obvious from his actions towards Master Hand that he wields a significant amount of authority over our god of the Smash universe. Not to mention that once Master Hand breaks free of Tabuu's influence, he immediately turns around and tries to defy him by attacking him. To me, this implies that Tabuu is a real life parental figure that tries to tell the kid to stop his "game". This fits well with Tabuu's motive of trying to de-animate all of the trophies while bringing the Smash world into subspace, which translates into real life of the parent telling his kid to put his toys away and to stop thinking about the Smash world in order to focus on reality. With the most recent addition of the Smash games, Nintendo continues to add onto this with the addition of Master Core. I described Core's relationship to this in the comment below.
4qSyJEU.png

I didn't really mean for this to be an essay but I hope you guys like my thoughts on the matter.

shoooooooooooooooo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Description for luigi's green missile- "A sidewars dive that can be charged. It's Luigi, so this move can backfire"

30 KEKS

Last edited:

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I honestly have no idea how you are supposed to beat 200 miis in 3 minutes

Last edited:

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
ba7ba84f0cf0709473084ecf8d4c03f4.png

Hopefully that means the Great Cave Offensive is going to be a real stage.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Had this conversation with my younger brother. Mfw we have Xenoblade at home.
ngKUhXb.jpg

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I want to buy Xenoblade just so I can keep saying "I'm really feeling it!" now.
Plus, it looks like a pretty damn good RPG.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I want to buy Xenoblade just so I can keep saying "I'm really feeling it!" now.
Plus, it looks like a pretty damn good RPG.
It is good. It's kinda like Okami where it focuses more on exploration and side quests with rpg elements sprinkled in. The plot is nice too.

Reactions: Meowrisa and Chance

Meowrisa

Australian Skial God
Contributor
It is good. It's kinda like Okami where it focuses more on exploration and side quests with rpg elements sprinkled in. The plot is nice too.
Only problems I have with those kind of games is that games rarely catch my attention for more than a week or two at a time before I switch up. So, while I enjoy the game I rarely finish it when its so long. D:

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
am I the only one who thinks the bowser's castle section of the paper mario stage is among the best levels in the game?
I haven't played it FFA, but the moment I saw it I thought it'd be really fun with 4 people.

But , I like prism tower.

Status
Not open for further replies.