Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
Can't you like prevent players from afk'ing the credits for the contest. At this point the top two is assured for both Ed or sthefish and they would get the top 2 prizes because they are just being afk the whole day so that they can win the contest.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Can't you like prevent players from afk'ing the credits for the contest. At this point the top two is assured for both Ed or sthefish and they would get the top 2 prizes because they are just being afk the whole day so that they can win the contest.
I see you're number 3 on the leaderboard and it sounds like you're just being a sore loser.

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
I see you're number 3 on the leaderboard and it sounds like you're just being a sore loser.
I'm not being a sore loser in any way. They are afk'ing to win the contest and that is not fair at all. 1st and 2nd place are the only ranks in which you are guaranteed to get a reward for playing. Them just afk'ing won't be fair to other people who are actually playing the game and trying to get the prizes.

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm not being a sore loser in any way. They are afk'ing to win the contest and that is not fair at all. 1st and 2nd place are the only ranks in which you are guaranteed to get a reward for playing. Them just afk'ing won't be fair to other people who are actually playing the game and trying to get the prizes.

Bottiger said that people can AFK to get credits, so it's not like they're exploiting or manipulating the system in any way.
However I do agree with you though that I don't think they're being very helpful by being AFK, people don't want to play with AFK bots.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
The goal is to get as much credits as possible. You get more credits by playing in empty servers, which they are doing and in a way they're are also helping seed servers. Not wanting them to receive credits would require Bott to reset the contest once again and that would probably piss everyone off. Why complain about it now, halfway in the contest? What you can do is make a suggestion for future contests.

I don't think they're being very helpful by being AFK
Please elaborate
people don't want to play with AFK bots.
I haven't heard people complain about that so i don't know where you're getting this from

Luke

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
The goal is to get as much credits as possible. You get more credits by playing in empty servers, which they are doing and in a way they're are also helping seed servers. Not wanting them to receive credits would require Bott to reset the contest once again and that would probably piss everyone off. Why complain about it now, halfway in the contest? What you can do is make a suggestion for future contests.

Please elaborate

I haven't heard people complain about that so i don't know where you're getting this from

Elaboration is in "people don't want to play with AFK bots."
I know personally I'd much rather have 1 normal person rather than 5 AFK bots.

ly_dee

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Elaboration is in "people don't want to play with AFK bots."
I know personally I'd much rather have 1 normal person rather than 5 AFK bots.
What are you talking about when you say "people don't want to play with AFK bots"? Mr. Devil is complaining about people afk'ing in empty servers, which some of them are likely to fill thanks to those afk players.

I hate to repeat myself but since people don't seem to understand i'll just say it again: at one point last week i managed to successfully seed 4-5 servers 2 days in a row while being afk. When a server is almost completely full i'd leave and seed another one while being idle. Explain to me how this isn't being helpful?

Also reread this again https://www.skial.com/threads/stupid-afk-bots.63162/#post-657441

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
The kick from AFK servers also doesn't always put you in a different server I have found. Unless that's a donator perk it seems they are either luck or trying to AFK so much that they pay attention to when they get kicked so they can rejoin

Percilius

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
FF2 Balancer
If stopping afk players from earning credits for the contest can't be stopped without resetting it, then hopefully it could be done in the next contest and so on.

Denis

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
Contributor
If stopping afk players from earning credits for the contest can't be stopped without resetting it, then hopefully it could be done in the next contest and so on.
Even then I think it's a bad idea to be honest, I mean of course everyone has their own opinions but if the players are seeding the servers and receiving reduced credits for being afk while doing so then is there really a problem? If the problem is that it's unfair then that is just stupid since there is nothing stopping you from also afking is there?

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
Even then I think it's a bad idea to be honest, I mean of course everyone has their own opinions but if the players are seeding the servers and receiving reduced credits for being afk while doing so then is there really a problem? If the problem is that it's unfair then that is just stupid since there is nothing stopping you from also afking is there?
But they aren't Receiving reduced credits. They received full credit