mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You simply highlighted the ones you found fitting.

Gee I wonder where I ever got that idea from......

Hmm...

tumblr_lz8vts5VL51r3gew4o1_400.gif

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
As an admin, we get harrassed for a LOT of things, yet we don't touch our ban finger, at all... Because you are a part of the administration at GSN, and because you posted on the GSN forums, you brought your own network into play with us.

A simple post would have been on our forums, as a ban appeal, simple as that. You publicly posted a video, claiming, and INFERRING, with the way you wrote the title, that you believed skial to be bad. Then you came onto our forums, and bashed us in your first couple posts...

Also, in reference to the "shitty sniper", I'm sorry, I didn't realize skial banned for bad players... Oh wait, we don't. So that part of the whole thing doesn't ACTUALLY matter.

We ban teletrappers instantly... Thats not an extended amount of time... We warn and kick friendlies, pretty close to instantly... Thats not extended amount of time... Any form of griefing is griefing, plus, we have no idea what occured outside of the 10 second video. Its entirely possible there were things going on, and he finally got sick of it and demo'd it. People don't always demo as soon as something occurs, because they're people, and they're lazy.

If Bottiger were to post anywhere, and call out someone, it could be classified as Skial's view, and not be wrong. It goes the same for GSN.

Reactions: Shula

Bottiger

Administrator
Most likely yes they were, but also there is a good chance he, devin, was also doing something.

Then what exactly was Devin doing? And why does it mean your friend should be allowed to grief him without punishment?

Its getting quite annoying how many times I have to explain that it is simply a demo video.

You mean simply a demo video titled "Skial: being stupid" and colorful commentary on your own forum.

The rules state on skial: Harming your team for an extended period of time.
ex. blocking sniper views, teleporter traps, refusing to help advance your teams position

However the video shows none of that, maybe 10 seconds, not to mention that is one shitty sniper."

I don't know how many times I'll have to repeat this: the simple fact that a demo was recorded practically guarantees they were griefing before the demo.

Mun

Mildly Menacing Medic
As an admin, we get harrassed for a LOT of things, yet we don't touch our ban finger, at all... Because you are a part of the administration at GSN, and because you posted on the GSN forums, you brought your own network into play with us.

A simple post would have been on our forums, as a ban appeal, simple as that. You publicly posted a video, claiming, and INFERRING, with the way you wrote the title, that you believed skial to be bad. Then you came onto our forums, and bashed us in your first couple posts...

Also, in reference to the "shitty sniper", I'm sorry, I didn't realize skial banned for bad players... Oh wait, we don't. So that part of the whole thing doesn't ACTUALLY matter.

We ban teletrappers instantly... Thats not an extended amount of time... We warn and kick friendlies, pretty close to instantly... Thats not extended amount of time... Any form of griefing is griefing, plus, we have no idea what occured outside of the 10 second video. Its entirely possible there were things going on, and he finally got sick of it and demo'd it. People don't always demo as soon as something occurs, because they're people, and they're lazy.

If Bottiger were to post anywhere, and call out someone, it could be classified as Skial's view, and not be wrong. It goes the same for GSN.

As I have stated, go ahead and call me out, I will gladly look into any complaints about my network. I never said anywhere that we ban bad players, and neither did I say you did. Once again you are putting words in my mouth.

I like that you also put words in my mouth and claim that we ban people instantly and always for picking on admins. If you get to the point where you are just smashing an admin for being an admin, then you go bye bye.

Mun

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
As I have stated, go ahead and call me out, I will gladly look into any complaints about my network. I never said anywhere that we ban bad players, and neither did I say you did. Once again you are putting words in my mouth.

I like that you also put words in my mouth and claim that we ban people instantly and always for picking on admins. If you get to the point where you are just smashing an admin for being an admin, then you go bye bye.

Mun
Quick question. Do you ban good players and assume they're hacking? Because you seem like the type of people to do that. And source bans proves you have some sparotic ban times.

Mun

Mildly Menacing Medic
Then what exactly was Devin doing? And why does it mean your friend should be allowed to grief him without punishment?

You mean simply a demo video titled "Skial: being stupid" and colorful commentary on your own forum.

I don't know how many times I'll have to repeat this: the simple fact that a demo was recorded practically guarantees they were griefing before the demo.

1) Im not the judge of that, and you know that. I can boo from a distance, but that is about it.

2) Indeed, I did. If it is that upsetting, then I apologize.

3) I don't agree with that statement.

Mun

Mildly Menacing Medic
Quick question. Do you ban good players and assume they're hacking? Because you seem like the type of people to do that. And source bans proves you have some sparotic ban times.

There was a case long ago where an admin claimed someone was cheating and it took FOREVER to get resolved. However, that player is back and still playing like a champ.

I have no set time intervals and take each ban with a new eye, and determine length from there. I mainly look for if it was intended or not.

Mun

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I don't know if I can put any closure to this but I will try. Some of it is just a matter of rehashing ideas spread throughout this thread.

When I applied to be an admin, I knew that my decisions would fall under scrutiny. I am fine with that. I am used to that in my profession. Nothing that was posted really bothers or upsets me. I think that the video and the GSN thread served the purpose, because you will see the second post in this thread was me asking publicly if I was out of line. I don't think I am infallible (nor should any admin probably) and I would like to think I admit when I am wrong, and correct the problem.

The thing is, most of the time I have to rethink my decisions due to a ban appeal, and not because of a youtube video and a thread on another community. I think that you posted your opinion on your forums to show your community how yours was better. You can argue the semantics of "Skial: Being Stupid" all you want. As Sarcasm pointed out there are multiple interpretations of what that means. Mun, you probably should admit even if that is not how you intended it, that is how people could take it.

This is not the first time that Bottiger or someone has linked discussion of Skial from outside sources and it won't be the last. I think it is unfair to not expect Bottiger to make his community aware of what other people think about us. I think that whole tangent 'calling out' Bottiger for that is ridiculous.

If outsiders want bring discussion to us as Mun did, I am hopeful that it takes a similar discourse as this. People always haven't agreed here in this thread, but its remained mostly civil (besides some dumb ratings). I am pretty ecstatic that we haven't been accused of DDOS'ing GSN yet. :D
(long story Mun, don't ask)

Bottiger said it more concisely that I could when he said "The plain fact that he made a demo almost guarantees that they were doing it before or that he knew they were going to grief him soon." This is the very thought I had that caused it to pass the 'extended period of time' test for me.

TL;DR: We will have to agree to disagree

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
There was a case long ago where an admin claimed someone was cheating and it took FOREVER to get resolved. However, that player is back and still playing like a champ.

I have no set time intervals and take each ban with a new eye, and determine length from there. I mainly look for if it was intended or not.

Mun
So someone who says fuck gets a one day and someone who says fuck you to an admin gets a perma? Totally fair.

Bottiger

Administrator
1) Im not the judge of that, and you know that. I can boo from a distance, but that is about it.

2) Indeed, I did. If it is that upsetting, then I apologize.

3) I don't agree with that statement.

1. Then why do you argue your friend was justified in griefing Devin?
  2. No one in their right mind would say you were being neutral as you keep claiming you are. It was a smear job plain and simple.
  3. Most reasonable people would agree. People just don't randomly start recording demos.

Reactions: Shiny Charizard

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
I am an admin, I put up with people smashing on me a lot, its part of the job as a support that you get.

And i'm not putting words into your mouth, I'm literally rephrasing what you have said. As for the "shitty sniper bit", I'm saying that the information coming from that is useless, so why even bother saying it. All it means is that you're insulting one of our members... You are honestly putting more words into your mouth than I am... If you read the post you quoted, you'll see I said we DON'T ban for being bad. The "we", is actually Skial rules, and its how at least I warn/kick people. Though its not how other admins do it, but to each his own.

Mun

Mildly Menacing Medic
So someone who says fuck gets a one day and someone who says fuck you to an admin gets a perma? Totally fair.

Was that my ban?

I don't know if I can put any closure to this but I will try. Some of it is just a matter of rehashing ideas spread throughout this thread.

When I applied to be an admin, I knew that my decisions would fall under scrutiny. I am fine with that. I am used to that in my profession. Nothing that was posted really bothers or upsets me. I think that the video and the GSN thread served the purpose, because you will see the second post in this thread was me asking publicly if I was out of line. I don't think I am infallible (nor should any admin probably) and I would like to think I admit when I am wrong, and correct the problem.

The thing is, most of the time I have to rethink my decisions due to a ban appeal, and not because of a youtube video and a thread on another community. I think that you posted your opinion on your forums to show your community how yours was better. You can argue the semantics of "Skial: Being Stupid" all you want. As Sarcasm pointed out there are multiple interpretations of what that means. Mun, you probably should admit even it that is not how you intended it, that is how people could take it.

This is not the first time that Bottiger or someone has linked discussion of Skial from outside sources and it won't be the last. I think it is unfair to not expect Bottiger to make his community aware of what other people think about us. I think that whole tangent 'calling out' Bottiger for that is ridiculous.

If outsiders want bring discussion to us as Mun did, I am hopeful that it takes a similar discourse as this. People always haven't agreed here in this thread, but its remained mostly civil (besides some dumb ratings). I am pretty ecstatic that we haven't been accused of DDOS'ing GSN yet. :D
(long story Mun, don't ask)

Bottiger said it more concisely that I could when he said "The plain fact that he made a demo almost guarantees that they were doing it before or that he knew they were going to grief him soon." This is the very thought I had that caused it to pass the 'extended period of time' test for me.

TD;DR: We will have to agree to disagree

This will probably be my last post, as I have begun to loop the same statements over and over again, but yes I agree that we agree to disagree. Though I would like to note before I leave, that I never intended to state that mine is better then Skial's, as it isn't. Its different, but I would love a thriving community such as this on my forums, though that is a long time away, if at all.

Mun

bluehawk

Legendary Skial King
Can this be moved to unmod no point in discussing this any more. It's just an endless circle where the same things keep getting repeated just a bunch of drama

ViperStriker

Banned
Contributor
I like pandas.

See, now all points of discussion have been reached here.

Now on an actually serious note, there's really no point in continuing this debate. I'm sure the popular vote is that Mun was in the wrong and that his server rules, to be quite frank, blow, or whatever is it everyone's agreeing on in the 8-page circle jerk that we're referring to as a thread.