mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Well Mun has a point. I don't know why bans are handed out to people being dumb for a few seconds.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Well Mun has a point. I don't know why bans are handed out to people being dumb for a few seconds.
If Devin stopped to make a demo, I figured it was an ongoing problem. Why would he randomly make a demo and randomly capture griefers?

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You can read the comments in that link. I agree with Mun... the rules say "harming your team for an extended period of time"

Some people were pissing off Devin and he got a demo of them standing in front of him for literally 5 seconds. Probably said to himself "ah sweet that's all I need to get them banned" - and it worked.

Bottiger

Administrator
It looks like they were trying to be annoying on purpose but it was only for a little while. There are issues with defining an exact number of seconds that something becomes bannable so I left it up to each admin to decide.

I just thought it was amusing he felt he needed to make a youtube video instead of appealing.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Youtube comments:
"Taunts after bodyshot xD wow"
"Coming from the server that has a no cursing rule? I'll stick with the server that has adults in it."

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
While a ban does seem harsh and Devin over reacted. We don't know if they have done this before. Also "Skyel has bad serves and badmins that make me cry." As Bot said they could have made an appeal.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
"Another reason for the no cussing rule is that for some reason unknown to me if one person starts to cuss then soon another person will cuss and then it finally becomes a train of more and more cussers."
If you read that to completion without visualizing a ten year old saying it then you're a much better person than I.

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
IMO griefing even for several seconds is still griefing. If you don't want to get banned then don't be a dick by griefing people.

He had what was coming to him if you ask me

[YDEK] fi$hy k!tty

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
Contributor
Hasn't Devin been called on for reporting people for petty reasons and/or slim evidence? I think it was chuck who spoke to him about it...

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
IMO griefing even for several seconds is still griefing. If you don't want to get banned then don't be a dick by griefing people.

He had what was coming to him if you ask me
Scope-blocking is particularly bad since you're being useless by doing it, then damaging the other player's usefulness almost entirely standing in front of them like that.

Why someone wouldn't step in quickly is beyond me.

Cylosis

Legendary Skial King
If Devin stopped to make a demo, I figured it was an ongoing problem. Why would he randomly make a demo and randomly capture griefers?
You say that like Devin WOULDN'T go through the effort of getting a demo to ban someone to 'teach them a lesson'.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Well this incident aside... I have seen players banned for being spycrab for only a few moments. As if they were going to do it the entire round. People usually get bored with this stuff quickly and move on. You can also kick them and 99% of the time they stop.