• Please go to our Discord or SteamRep for trading. Bans and appeals go HERE

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor
"Intel Integrated Graphics"

Instant red flag, get yourself a current gen laptop or build a new tower with NVIDIA/AMD graphics. What's your price range?

lpN

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
img1372.jpg

my setup

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

Instant red flag, get yourself a current gen laptop or build a new tower with NVIDIA/AMD graphics. What's your price range?
I'm gonna spend about $700-900 in a few months here, after this new job starts up. I've already got a bunch of parts selected on NewEgg for a decent system (similar build to a friend of mine, and he runs BF3 at mid-range settings at an okay framerate).

Parts here. Although a bunch of those parts are out of stock (old build idea from several months ago, haven't updated the list), so I may have to update some of those parts. But I'm looking for something similar to all of that.

Monitor, included. I don't have a decent display, so I'm going to need to pick one up.

Isil

Epic Skial Regular

Mm. My computer has Intel Integrated Graphics.

But, I can generally get around 60 FPS with those FPS configs that most people who have a terrible graphics card (or in my case, one integrated into the motherboard) use. It drops to around 30-40 when getting phlogged in the face or if I'm looking at a pair of dispensers.

I wish there was a way to somehow change the animations for both of those things to increase FPS.

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I wish there was a way to somehow change the animations for both of those things to increase FPS.
I know Chris' MaxFPS config lowers the animation quality for at least the sentry upgrades. I don't think it does anything to the dispenser animations, though. I'm sure there's a way to lower the animation quality on that, as well.

lpN

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
I'm gonna spend about $700-900 in a few months here, after this new job starts up. I've already got a bunch of parts selected on NewEgg for a decent system (similar build to a friend of mine, and he runs BF3 at mid-range settings at an okay framerate).

Parts here. Although a bunch of those parts are out of stock (old build idea from several months ago, haven't updated the list), so I may have to update some of those parts. But I'm looking for something similar to all of that.

Monitor, included. I don't have a decent display, so I'm going to need to pick one up.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116513&Tpk=viewsonic 120hz
highly recommended :D

Nothing_Much

Banned
Contributor

What else aside from gaming do you plan to do with that PC? Because so far it looks good for gaming, enough for 2 decades, give or take.

Xel'Naga

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
That's way more than I'm up for spending on a display. :eek:
What else aside from gaming do you plan to do with that PC? Because so far it looks good for gaming, enough for 2 decades, give or take.
Just gaming. I figure that build would be powerful enough to run most current games at decent settings, while still being cheap enough that upgrading it isn't going to be murder.

lpN

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
yeah but i think there are cheaper ones out there that are 120hz, they are very nice :D

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
your just mad cause i have 8 cores amd can only get to 6
Idiot, some of the AMD Bulldozer Chips have 8 cores. The new Sandy Bridge-E (Enthusiast i7's) has 6 cores with Hyper-Threading. The i7 2600K has 4 cores with hyperthreading. Learn your stuff before you start you're Intel vs. AMD hate.

The guys @Tom's Hardware reckon that a Intel Pentium beats some of AMD's best efforts, and a Pentium is fairly cheap, i'd personally recommend an i3 or and i5-2400 or 2500 if you can manage it. The i5 setup will last you a pretty long time.

Sub $200 Cpu's Tested
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-fx-pentium-apu-benchmark,3120.html
Core i3 vs. AMD Fx line.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-4100-core-i3-2100-gaming-benchmark,3136.html

I'm just saying check out the benchmarks before you buy, intel options are viable now although some of AMD's options now will be viable in a couple of years.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Idiot, some of the AMD Bulldozer Chips have 8 cores. The new Sandy Bridge-E (Enthusiast i7's) has 6 cores with Hyper-Threading. The i7 2600K has 4 cores with hyperthreading. Learn your stuff before you start you're Intel vs. AMD hate.

The guys @Tom's Hardware reckon that a Intel Pentium beats some of AMD's best efforts, and a Pentium is fairly cheap, i'd personally recommend an i3 or and i5-2400 or 2500 if you can manage it. The i5 setup will last you a pretty long time.

Sub $200 Cpu's Tested
Core i3 vs. AMD Fx line.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fx-4100-core-i3-2100-gaming-benchmark,3136.html

I'm just saying check out the benchmarks before you buy, intel options are viable now although some of AMD's options now will be viable in a couple of years.
You just quoted Tom's Hardware Guide...

Your argument is invalid...

Steak

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor

Sub $200 Cpu's Tested
Core i3 vs. AMD Fx line.

instead of calling me an idiot you could have said no there are some but its obvious youd rather pick a fight..... i dont keep up with amds shit cause over all i find 90% of theyre stuff exactly that... shit so i'll wait for you to atleast appolgize as i wasnt actually attacking anyone and you come out the door and offend me

Ninja_DC

Face-Melting F2Per
instead of calling me an idiot you could have said no there are some but its obvious youd rather pick a fight..... i dont keep up with amds shit cause over all i find 90% of theyre stuff exactly that... shit so i'll wait for you to atleast appolgize as i wasnt actually attacking anyone and you come out the door and offend me
That's fine, i'm not trying to pick a fight. From your quote though you were just randomly spreading un-bethought AMD hate from my perspective.