Kael

TF2 Admin
Contributor
I feel like this is going to bite us in the ass. Will be awhile before people stop reporting racism and use their greatly lacking common sense to client mute. Will be interesting to see how it pans out though.

BBQ Prophet

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
I've always been a fan of minimal government. I have no idea how this will go, mainly because people don't really read the Rules, but hopefully this will pump some fresh blood for us.

Bottiger

Administrator
We have had some questions asked about this several times and I have decided to paste the answers instead of repeating myself. Check the original post for the FAQ.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
Holy fucking shit i was not expecting this at all. This just like confirms everything ive ever felt about this place. Desperate times call for desperate action i guess.

Hope it goes well for you.

185db

Epic Skial Regular
why do people keep thinking it's out of desperation lmao
Well if its not thats even more surprising. In a logical sense yes it makes sense, especially on the internet. I understand skial isnt some movement for social change, but i mean, have some standards (generally, not specifically you). I understand i am overreacting a bit.

I can see some people liking this change, in fact a lot of people. We'll see how it works out i guess

Uncle F3AR

Wicked Nasty Engineer
Everyone waited until the admins left before we started having in-depth political discussions anyway. Ah 2am Turbine, what a magical place it was.

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor
So nazi sprays and racism are ok now? Awesome. One thing i actually enjoyed about skial severs was the lack of.

This will not turn out well.

Bottiger

Administrator
This decision was not made "out of desperation". We do not expect to gain a significant amount of players from this. If you think we will then doesn't that also mean that you think your views on this are the minority?

We are merely trying a new policy to see if we can minimize complaints.

If you believe that most people share your views on this, then it shouldn't be an issue to rely on voting for these matters.

TheMiningAlex

Positively Inhumane Poster
my friends are getting this message
[SPAM] Racial slurs are not allowed on the server. You may be muted.
is this supposed to happemn

courtsnort♩♪♫♬

Banned
Contributor
It's supposed to be there until it's physically removed from the programming. And just because something isn't a against the rules doesn't necessarily mean it can't be censored still

Bottiger

Administrator
That message was made to instantly block racial slurs from being used in chat. Since the rule is now removed, it technically shouldn't be there.

It is only a warning. We have never automatically blocked any racial slurs. Since you can still be muted through votemenu, I see no reason to remove it.

Sakiko

Contributor
The racism rule needs to return this was never wanted except for a few edgy ones.

As a long yearly donator i only came to Skial due to the no racism rule. UKCS had none and it was a piss hole, Admin Abuse as well and due to that i left to play on skial and later become a admin.

Where is ukcs now?...

As for complaints i think you find @Bottiger you get far more now without the rule then with it, The number of forum polls to remove it failed and never seen anyone publicly complain about it other then the "Trolls" we have.

#BringBackRacismRule

FYI: Comparison same things are happening here now it seems

Last edited: