• If you are not the person that was banned/muted, you are only allowed to post evidence. Trash talk is unnecessary.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That link is private and I am talking about making him wait 6 months to get a caution tag just because you want to.
It is not because I want too, It's the punishment this individual will serve for his errors and for taking so long to appeal in the manner of actually responding to what we request.

I can't follow this conversation anymore :tongueout::confounded:
Basically, what I'm saying is, your scammer tag will be reduced to a caution tag unless Faron sees otherwise, and you will hold that caution tag for 6 months in which you may appeal it.

LTD_BoMBaSTiC

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Oh mate, is this human? I didn't answered on 1 question, 1 *** question. It's not the end of the world. And even more, it doesn't makes sence that I need to wait another 6 months ...

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
It is not because I want too, It's the punishment this individual will serve for his errors and for taking so long to appeal in the manner of actually responding to what we request.

The punishment for his errors is the scammer tag.

And there isn't any time limit to respond to an appeal. Just because he didn't respond to his own appeal doesn't mean you should take the same ammount of time to actually resolve an appeal.

Biggie

Forum Admin
Contributor
What is a caution tag?

This is from the steamrep website.

Why am I marked as a CAUTION for my reputation?

These marks are given for shady or fraudulent trading practices where evidence or circumstances do not warrant a full SCAMMER tag. These are provided at administrator discretion to help protect community traders from risk. Note that a cautionary reputation may be temporarily applied as a notice to speak with admins as part of an investigation or as a first offense warning.

LTD_BoMBaSTiC

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
Owh, seems like Youtube should ban you from Youtube for swearing with cancer. Wait, nah, not answering a question is worse ...

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
What is a caution tag?
A caution tag is something that looks like this:
akU5Kud.png

This will be placed on your steamrep profile in substitute of your scammer tag. You will be given access to all websites that run the Steamrep plug-in without getting immediately booted and you won't have [SCAMMER] beside your name when you enter a server runniing the Steamrep plug-in. It only makes user more weary of the trading process when trading with you.
The punishment for his errors is the scammer tag.

And there isn't any time limit to respond to an appeal. Just because he didn't respond to his own appeal doesn't mean you should take the same ammount of time to actually resolve an appeal.
His appeal is in the process of being resolved, this is how I am choosing to do it, I don't feel comfortable allowing someone who has a scammer tag immediately off the hook as this sorta thing isn't limited to a server or group of servers, it is those, any community running the SR plug-in and anyone who wishes to trade with this user.

Last edited:
Reactions: LTD_BoMBaSTiC

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Sargent you need to go back and read what I actually said. I do not have a problem with you giving him a caution and appealing that.

appeal again in 6 months and, if all is well, we'll lower it to a caution tag.

I have a problem with you orginally making him wait 6 months just to get to the caution tag just because he didnt respond to his other appeal.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Sargent you need to go back and read what I actually said. I do not have a problem with you giving him a caution and appealing that.

I have a problem with you orginally making him wait 6 months just to get to the caution tag just because he didnt respond to his other appeal.
Yes, I can agree that that does seem rather pointless, so I've regarded this issue now.
So what happens if I have a caution tag? Do I need to appeal again then?
Yes, the caution tag is so users take caution when engaging with you. If I see all is well in 6 months time, I will tell Faron to remove the tag as a whole and you will go back to being a normal user. If anything is deemed fishy even in the slightest, your period for appeal will be extended, that is, if a scammer tag doesn't come back again to take care of it. Keep this in mind.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
So I have to wait 6 months now?
And do I have the caution tag now? and will I be availble to use csgolounge?
  1. Yes, you will need to wait 6 months to get rid of the caution tag
  2. Not yet, once Faron arrives, he will replace your scammer tag with a caution tag unless he decides not too for other reasons he will post if that is the case
  3. Not yet, after your scammer tag has been downgraded to caution, then, and only then will you be able to use trading websites (including CSGOLounge)

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I don't see why we can't remove his tag completely. The scam attempt was small and stupid enough that I don't think it matters, and I don't think he will try and scam again.

Reactions: LTD_BoMBaSTiC

Faron

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Just know that you can only appeal once, so if you screw up again, you're fucked.

I will, however, leave the notes on your SteamRep page.

Status
Not open for further replies.