Pengy

Legendary Skial King
I remember when keys were 2.33.

I also remember when that was too expensive for me.

Then I said "Fuck it" and now I really don't care about trading any more.

the spy on fire

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Ive quit trading when keys where arround 7-8 ish, after you see the market go up, you think of inflation and how it is happening to the tf2 market.

Proxy

Truly Feared Pyro
What ever happened to people playing the game for the game. I liked TF2 before it became a hat simulator. Now the game is "let's spend $100 and get $10 worth of stuff!". The kind of game where you always lose! :D and we keep going back, expecting a different result. That's the definition of insanity.

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
It will be interesting when a bills hat is 1 Key and buds are 4.
A bills hat will never be 1 key, and neither will buds. Its not that the price of keys are going up, its that the cost of refined is going down. There is more refined on the market, thus diluting the price of keys versus refined. Thats all it is.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
A bills hat will never be 1 key, and neither will buds. Its not that the price of keys are going up, its that the cost of refined is going down. There is more refined on the market, thus diluting the price of keys versus refined. Thats all it is.
Thing is, bills used to be 12 keys, then 8, now its 3.

Dreama

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor

If a key is worth about a 100 ref, I'm sure a Bill's Hat will be a scrap.

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
If a key is worth about a 100 ref, I'm sure a Bill's Hat will be a scrap.
No... Because all of the higher up values are based off key values, not refined. The difference is that if a bud is 36 keys or whatever, the refined value will be 36(keys) * (refined value of key).

All this means is that refined is worth less and less, nothing else.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Tf2 will probably be replaced by overwatch
That's something I can strongly disagree with for reasons like...
  1. Different companies, "replacing" isn't a thing
  2. Team Fortress is Steam's 3rd most played game to date and won't die because a certain group of people say it will
  3. Team Fortress isn't a dying game, rather a rising game, believe it or not but Team Fortress has increased in player peak since the last quarter, not decreased.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That's something I can strongly disagree with for reasons like...

1. Different companies, "replacing" isn't a thing
    Team Fortress is Steam's 3rd most played game to date and won't die because a certain group of people say it will
    Team Fortress isn't a dying game, rather a rising game, believe it or not but Team Fortress has increased in player peak since the last quarter, not decreased.
You should kinda keep in mind on how many of those players are also alt accounts for idle and such.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
ut47Ljl.png

That black dotted line is Valve's "An Active Solution to An Idle Threat" post, where supposedly idling is broken forever. Why doesn't the line slope flatten off after this point?

There's also the market to consider. People were buying slightly cheaper keys on there for a year or so before they matched store prices, stifling the growth of the key pool while ref continued to grow from people playing.

Deadfront

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
Glad I have never traded nor had the desire to trade. If I get something I get something if not no big deal to me.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
that is a negligible amount.
Citation please.

How I see it, its not small, its still fairly large. There are still tons of idle servers up if you just search right in game, but I will say only a hand full of them even have a healthy amount of players on them. But that could also be people doing it on a privet server also. I still don't feel that idle is dead, let alone small.

Last edited:

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Citation please.

How I see it, its not small, its still fairly large. There are still tons of idle servers up if you just search right in game, but I will say only a hand full of them even have a healthy amount of players on them. But that could also be people doing it on a privet server also.
I highly doubt that there are enough active idle accounts out there to make the game rise on steam's most played games list.

Cowboy Crow

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I highly doubt that there are enough active idle accounts out there to make the game rise on steam's most played games list.
Idle probably now is not effecting Tf2 but back then going idle was the most popular thing to do. And tf2 is not as popular as it once was, I would not say Tf2 is gunna die but its definitely not at its peak like it used to be. But I think we can all agree that the economy is fucked up.