Dreama

Totally Ordinary Human
Contributor
During October, keys were worth about 11-12 refined, now...

CmTeWBq.png

well you see the difference

also there are rumors about bp.tf staff changing the prices of items unfairly just because they want them to be that price

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I got out of trading a long time ago when keys were at 6 refined.

It's just a cycle of people making themselves richer and abusing an economy to do it

JohnnyGaloshes

Banned
Contributor

It's just a cycle of people making themselves richer and abusing an economy to do it

6.33 here. It is disgusting what trading has become. It is strictly for the profit maker rather than the gamer now.

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor

When I saw keys hit like 5 ref, I was like "lol I'm noping right out of here" and I'm glad. This is absurd. 15 refined for a key? Why is that even neccessary? I remember when it was 2.33 . Christ that seems like a long time ago,

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
During October, keys were worth about 11-12 refined, now...

CmTeWBq.png

well you see the difference

also there are rumors about bp.tf staff changing the prices of items unfairly just because they want them to be that price
You're not wrong about the bp.tf staff, there have been a lot of things bp.tf won't and will do for the benefit of their own site not caring at all about the community.

Also, key price rising isn't really bad at all because everything is stabilizing to correspond with the key price. Since people read bp.tf like it's the bible, as long as bp.tf doesn't fuck with the prices, everything should go smoothly.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
And people call me the idiot for buying the occasional key from the mann co. store. A few weeks of items from gameplay just isn't worth one key.

jwso

Australian Skial God
Contributor
i jumped out of the trading wagon back when keys were 2.33 ref as well

it's
- time-consuming
- have to deal with scammers and idiots
- boring
- small profit

if there is something i want i just tell my trader friend to get it for me

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
And people call me the idiot for buying the occasional key from the mann co. store. A few weeks of items from gameplay just isn't worth one key.
With the most recent increase as of yesterday, the price of keys via PayPal has jumped from 1.90 to 2.55, so in those terms, yes, you are an idiot for buying on the market rather than on PayPal but safety wise, that is your best decision.

i jumped out of the trading wagon back when keys were 2.33 ref as well

it's
- time-consuming
- have to deal with scammers and idiots
- boring
- small profit

if there is something i want i just tell my trader friend to get it for me
That's trading in all games really.

Chance

Australian Skial God
Contributor
With the most recent increase as of yesterday, the price of keys via PayPal has jumped from 1.90 to 2.55, so in those terms, yes, you are an idiot for buying on the market rather than on PayPal but safety wise, that is your best decision.

Not Pokemon. Well it isn't boring, you don't have to deal with scammers *sometimes idiots though*.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor

I don't see how it's idiotic to save less than a dollar by dealing with a potential scammer. It's 60 cents.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Not Pokemon. Well it isn't boring, you don't have to deal with scammers *sometimes idiots though*.
Touche
I don't see how it's idiotic to save less than a dollar by dealing with a potential scammer. It's 60 cents.
I prefer to buy from trusted individuals who still sell keys at a lesser price than the Steam Wallet amount, while it may only be 60 cents, that could change significantly if buying 5+ Keys, heck, that's another key right there. Whenever I buy keys via PayPal, I buy at least 15, that is 9 dollars, enough to get me 3+ extra keys through mere savings. When trading with trusted individuals, there's no possibility of dealing with a potential scammer and it makes for a rather safe trade and a new friend / greater bond with an old one.

Ryulise

Wicked Nasty Engineer

I can agree with that. there was a vote a while back to raise the price, and it had like 50% or less (it was in red, that I remember) and it won.

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Touche

I prefer to buy from trusted individuals who still sell keys at a lesser price than the Steam Wallet amount, while it may only be 60 cents, that could change significantly if buying 5+ Keys, heck, that's another key right there. Whenever I buy keys via PayPal, I buy at least 15, that is 9 dollars, enough to get me 3+ extra keys through mere savings. When trading with trusted individuals, there's no possibility of dealing with a potential scammer and it makes for a rather safe trade and a new friend / greater bond with an old one.
I didn't consider buying in bulk since I only buy like one key a month.

Sargent¥

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I didn't consider buying in bulk since I only buy like one key a month.
60 cents is still 3 ref, the festive set will drop at around a certain time and you could snag the parts for cheap

Last edited:

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
You guys realize, they key value to refined is based on an increase in refined in the market, thus devaluating refined, right? It has nothing to do with people messing with things, it has everything to do with people abusing new accounts and idle in order to get a shitload of refined.

Its simple economics.

Inflation + an increase in amount of units of currency entering the market is gonna jump prices.