Toxik

Contributor
How the shit do we not yet have a thread for this show?
After a hiatus last week, new episode is on tonight!
200.gif

MouseCake

Uncharitable Spy
Is this show really good? I've been thinking about watching it.
I enjoy American Dad a lot, would I like this too? (the animation just feels a bit off so I've never attempted to watch it)

Toxik

Contributor
I enjoy American Dad a lot, would I like this too? (the animation just feels a bit off so I've never attempted to watch it)
I like both shows, but American Dad is more for the general public, Rick and Morty is more for a target audience. It's both funny, sad, funny, violent and sometimes offensive.
Like Zebra said, it's hard to compare those shows, but you should always give it a try in case you end up liking it! If you have TV at home and an account to watch stuff online, you can watch most episodes on the AdultSwim website, otherwise just stream it on any other website

Reactions: Tek

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If you like the idea of your main character being a brilliant, jaded, raging alcoholic who gets into Dr. Whoesque misadventures with his idiot grandson, then yes you'll like it.

Tek

Scarcely Lethal Noob
Absolutely adore the show. Love all the ideologies it tackles and the relationship between Rick and Morty is incredibly humorous. I've always enjoyed shows that aren't at all grounded in their setting, Rick and Morty can take place anywhere from inside an alcoholic hobo Santa's stomach to a pocket dimension within a pocket dimension within a car battery. Because of the shows groundless setting it can keep fresh and explore pretty much anything it desires.
The interaction between both Rick and Morty is pretty unique compared to many shows, I believe this is down to partial improv but I could be wrong. If you're a generally lover of sci-fi you'll probably enjoy this show.
I ensure you that every episode has some real genius and quotable lines.

I enjoy this scene myself.

Reactions: Toxik

Toxik

Contributor
I was a disappointed when I saw the trailer, I thought it wasn't very original, but knowing Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon it's probably going to have a crazy twist

ToTeM

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I was a disappointed when I saw the trailer, I thought it wasn't very original, but knowing Justin Roiland and Dan Harmon it's probably going to have a crazy twist
my bets on the year is actaully really short and they're probably gonna crash or end up a part of it have to kill their way through everyone there

Party Chocobo

Australian Skial God
Contributor
my bets on the year is actaully really short and they're probably gonna crash or end up a part of it have to kill their way through everyone there
I want to see them get involved and Morty gets REALLY into it. He's changed a lot in the show and even with him looking against it in the promo I can see him kill more things.