Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Servers:
JAILBREAK | NY, KOTH | LA, PAYLOAD | LA, PAYLOAD | TX, VALVE MAPS | LA
Time:
9 AM - 12 PM pacific time
Hlstats:
Will you get mad if you lose admin?:
Nope, If I lose admin then it would likely be for a good reason so I'd understand
How do you ban your own SteamID?:
sm_ban "#STEAM_0:1:19150564" 30 "obvious aimbot"
Any other reason you should be admin:
Not sure what to say here, so here it goes

I almost always have more free time on my hands than I know what to do with (no life as most of you probably guessed by now :D) so I have plenty of time to actively play TF2.

It's really hard to say what servers I play on because I have a tendency to bounce around a lot. One moment I'll be in the mood to play some dustobwl, the next I'll wanna play some payload and so on so I'll play on practically any server as long as my ping isn't through the roof. But over all I primarily play on Valve Maps LA, Payload TX, Payload LA, and any of the KOTH servers that are in the US (depending on which servers are populated).

I'm applying for admin because for one, I love to help people. I'm not sure why but when I admined for a jailbreak server awhile back it gave me a good feeling being able to help players deal with annoying free killers and rule breakers. For two, Skial is practically my home. I love the community and would be more than happy to help keep it free from rule breakers.

I would have no problem at all admining the jailbreak server. In fact, call me crazy I'd enjoy it. But I haven't played much of Skial's jailbreak so far as I honestly am having a hard time enjoying it without many active admins on it to keep the free killing down. Don't get me wrong here; I know how much of a pain in the ass it is to manage so I can understand why some admins avoid that server like the plague. I'll make sure to start clocking some more time on Jailbreak from now on.

In terms of support everyone I know more personally is on the forums. In TF2 I'm usually shooting people more than I am talking so I haven't made many friends by playing on the servers, so I'll just have to wait and see who wants to support me

I do have some admin experience. Spoilering it because it's a wall o' text:

About roughly a couple years ago I was a admin on a CSS jailbreak server ran by Hells Gamers.

Their admin system (or lack thereof) wasn't exactly the best - you paid $15, you got admin for a month on the server.

Surprisingly there weren't that many admin abusers, but rather a plethora of admins who simply didn't do anything about rule breaking which frankly sucked.

After getting fed up with the 3+ admins on at all times usually ignoring players complaining about free killing and rule breaking I said fuck it and "donated" to get admin

From that point on I was part of the small handful of admins there that were actually doing what any actual admin should be doing - listening to the players complaining about someone rule breaking, keeping a eye on said alleged people free killing/breaking the rules, taking action on rule breakers that didn't affect just me, so on and so forth

I simply loved the server, I loved playing on it and the rules were being poorly enforced so I wanted to help do something about it and I did. And honestly, I loved doing it. I enjoyed being able to help the players and keep the server free of freekillers and rule breakers

I eventually lost admin because I couldn't afford to continue donating to maintain admin status as a jobless teenager and couldn't stomach the free killing further so I eventually moved off the server

sboles

Australian Skial God
Contributor
+1 I like that admin expierence. Plus you are a generally good guy/girl/cat

Reactions: sov

flanky

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Why would I not +1 Meowcenary?

I have seen this guy before, and he's cool.

DaivdBaekr

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
If he was a zoophile for being a furry, wouldn't it stand to reason that his sprays would have gotten him banned several times already?

Also, +1

Meow is already really helpful for the clan with reporting players, being helpful and isn't causing mayhem.

You got a clean chat, good amount of hours invested on the server and known around these parts. The only real negative thing I could poke about is a few missteps and usage of aimbot a few years ago (08).

+1

Reactions: Void and sov

Meowcenary

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Meow is already really helpful for the clan with reporting players, being helpful and isn't causing mayhem.

You got a clean chat, good amount of hours invested on the server and known around these parts. The only real negative thing I could poke about is a few missteps and two permanent bans for aimbot a few years ago (08).

+1

Yeah I talked to Chuck about this

About 5 years ago I hacked for a couple months. Not too long after it became apparent how pointless and fun ruining it was

Of course since then I stopped and have no intention or desire to do it again. It was one of those 'd00d this is so kewl' things I went through

Kyle

Australian Skial God
Contributor
I've played with him on Egypt a few times. I see him all over the forums. Seems rational and level-headed. Would make a good admin. +1

staticvoid

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
You stay on that Koth LA with your gunslinger and we'll be fine.

+1

Great guy, friendly in-game and in steam chat, and a good trader (quite irrelevant.)

Reactions: sov

Blade D_Hero

Contributor
Meow is a really cool guy, he would make a great admin, especially considering how many times reports are filed by him.

+1, you sexy person.

chuckwagon

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
+1

When ever I see a report from him I know that will have accurate information with a demo if needed. He knows the rules and what is needed to investigate rule breakers. He has a clean chat log and a clean record on Skial.

People's personal interests do not have any bearing on their ability as an admin.

People make bad choices as teenagers. For example, I used to have a mullet.

Status
Not open for further replies.