Status
Not open for further replies.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I assume Mittens knows better. :\
You would silence for offenses like racism which can be resolved without having to ban the player. I just don't expect an applicant to know that right away. Hell even admins who have been an admin for a while mess up on that.

What I do expect applicants to know is ban lengths, rules, etc.
Basically anything in a sticky thread.

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Mittens is incorrect, when it comes to this... The question was someone shouting racist comments, we don't ban for that, we mute/silence. If it were a racist name, we would ban for it, but the question was not that.

Korten

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
So basically, light racist remarks = mute;
Problematic / continuous offenses = ban 1 day, right?
The few latest comments here got me a bit confused. :(
As for the rules, I can assure you I'm already completely aware of all of them; as you can probably tell, my only mistakes and problems are with 'in what way - how heavily - should I enforce troublemakers'.

Sarcasm

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Racist remarks = silence for a day, unless they have previous offenses, in which case it scales.

Racist Names generally = warning into ban. Though we do have the rename command.

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
So basically, light racist remarks = mute;
Problematic / continuous offenses = ban 1 day, right?
The few latest comments here got me a bit confused. :(
You still go for a day... this is the whole reason why I just brought up the length not the action. Now you are confused as fuck because Sarcasm wanted to tell you something else.

Korten

You still go for a day... this is the whole reason why I just brought up the length not the action. Now you are confused as fuck because Sarcasm wanted to tell you something else.

I think I got it now, then. Regardless, though: if the guy I just banned can actually see the "reason", should I write "Racism. Try again tomorrow", as a way of telling him that he can come back a day afterwards, and that he should be careful with his behavior next time?

Y u no have eyes

I do.
3LJkA.jpg

Reactions: LadyPimpernel

mittens

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
I think I got it now, then. Regardless, though: if the guy I just banned can actually see the "reason", should I write "Racism. Try again tomorrow", as a way of telling him that he can come back a day afterwards, and that he should be careful with his behavior next time?
Whatever you put in as the reason is what will show up in Sourcebans. Adding a personal note on every ban would look dumb. He will figure it out when his screen says "You have been banned for 1440 minutes".

Korten

Whatever you put in as the reason is what will show up in Sourcebans. Adding a personal note on every ban would look dumb. He will figure it out when his screen says "You have been banned for 1440 minutes".

I guess that makes sense.
Thanks in general for paying so much heed to my application and informing me of mistakes, by the way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.