Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorin Oakenshield

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
-1, for the reasons shown in this thread.
Admins do it the way they do it because it works and is efficient.

Plus, ban question is wrong. Amiright?

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
It is up to each admin to decide how to issue a ban. We are not obligated to give warnings, although some of us like to. Applying for admin because you think admins are too harsh is not a good way to get admin. There are lenient admins and strict admins. I think its good to have a mix of both.

Either way. -1

Korten

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
It is up to each admin to decide how to issue a ban. We are not obligated to give warnings, although some of us like to. Applying for admin because you think admins are too harsh is not a good way to get admin. There are lenient admins and strict admins. I think its good to have a mix of both.

Either way. -1

I've never said that having some admins being a bit harsh in my opinion is a major reason for my application, I mentioned that fact as a side note in order to emphasize that I'll be as considering and reasonable as I can. I never intended to imply that one admin or another is doing something wrong, only that it could be a bit improved in my opinion, completely as a side note.

Phaiz

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor

Either way. -1
I will say I've noticed a couple who have really lightened up a bit on how strict they were. Regardless I can't -1 this guy based on an opinion.
+0

Korten

I don't really understand why an admin who handles problems a bit more personally would be a bad one, but if you honestly think I don't fit the responsibility, then like I said before, I assume you know better. Should I give up on the application?

hXcjedders

Australian Skial God
I don't really understand why an admin who handles problems a bit more personally would be a bad one, but if you honestly think I don't fit the responsibility, then like I said before, I assume you know better. Should I give up on the application?

It's not my decision, I'm just voicing my opinion. Continuing will not hurt you in any way. I'm just saying that you should focus more on what you want to do to help resolve problems with rulebreakers instead of focusing on what other admins are up to.

Korten

It's not my decision, I'm just voicing my opinion. Continuing will not hurt you in any way. I'm just saying that you should focus more on what you want to do to help resolve problems with rulebreakers instead of focusing on what other admins are up to.

I was never up to trying to change others' ways in the first place; it was just a side note.

Dave the Manly

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Your hair is nice, your chat logs are nice, your attitude is nice, but I don't think you'd be a good admin for the reasons already provided in this thread.
-Dave

Korten

I just realized that my expectations were somewhat different from the reality, as for what admins should be doing. Do I just edit the original post content to "Delete this"?

Tomatketchup

Banned
Contributor
I just realized that my expectations were somewhat different from the reality, as for what admins should be doing. Do I just edit the original post content to "Delete this"?
Ultimately, it's Bottiger's decision. The voices in this thread is only to point out details Bottiger otherwise would miss. If you still want to be an admin then you should just keep the OP. There's one admin that got a storm of -1 in his thread yet got admin and has done an excellent job since he got it.

Korten

Ultimately, it's Bottiger's decision. The voices in this thread is only to point out details Bottiger otherwise would miss. If you still want to be an admin then you should just keep the OP. There's one admin that got a storm of -1 in his thread yet got admin and has done an excellent job since he got it.

I guess I'll keep it just in case. At this state I guess my chances are rather slim, but we'll see. Thanks. :)

Korten

So uh... What's up with this application? It's been this way for like two weeks now.

Toxik

Contributor
You have really good playtime man, I wish I could +1 but sadly I agree with the others, you're too nice to be an admin (in a way)
Not that we require our admins to be douchebags, but we need people who enforce the rules, admins tend to represent a good portion of a community and if ours appear lenient and not rule-enforcing, we could lose a lot of players

Korten

You have really good playtime man, I wish I could +1 but sadly I agree with the others, you're too nice to be an admin (in a way)
Not that we require our admins to be douchebags, but we need people who enforce the rules, admins tend to represent a good portion of a community and if ours appear lenient and not rule-enforcing, we could lose a lot of players

Yeah, I've already realized that by now, and I'm willing to be more strict about it.

Reactions: Toxik
Status
Not open for further replies.