Ceubie

Gaben's Own Aimbot
Contributor
Recently, these maps were added, the vsh_dr_ect.

But the problem is....

There's barely if not NO vsh maps being played because of people nominating this crap ALL THE TIME. Plus when they do get voted in, they get rtv'd in less than 10-20 minutes to a NEW death run map which gets rtv'd in 10-20 minutes to a NEW death run map and so on..

It's pissing me off and pushing me away from the server.

A lot of regulars just leave the server and wait until death run passes... if it ever does

Tell me, why did you add this hell to the nomination list. Now its an abomination list.

Ideas brainstormed so far:

IDEA 1:
Only be able to vote for ANY death run maps once every like, 5-10 voting periods.

Sure, i'll admit its a fun little game, death run, but the reason its bad is because its the only damn thing being played on the server 24/7

IDEA 2:
have a tf2ware/deathrun rotation on the tf2ware server

THEK

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Today is the day where we get millions of DeathRun complaint threads.

Yes, which surely says something. "Perhaps we should do something? Like, if our community is complaining this much about 1 subject maybe it is actually a problem". This problem isn't just going to disappear, it's just alienating the people that play on Skial's servers alot.

Shiny Charizard

Legendary Skial King
i completely agree, i have been online for 2 days alot (then i mean from the morning to the the other monring) , and there is like 1 map saxton hale in 20 maps of deathrun in the EU server...
ALOT2.png

Bottiger

Administrator
We don't have any room in EU, I would have to order another machine which is why I need time to think about it.

mohawkg2

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Yes, which surely says something. "Perhaps we should do something? Like, if our community is complaining this much about 1 subject maybe it is actually a problem". This problem isn't just going to disappear, it's just alienating the people that play on Skial's servers alot.
This is true but the people shouldn't make a new thread about it. If they did the forums would be clogged with "REMOVE DR SAXTON HALE" "Why Death Run on Saxton Hale?" etc. They should post in a thread already made before making a thread and complaining.

HowIMetYourMother

Australian Skial God
Contributor
the thing thats going on now in hale server EU : dr is voted for next map: next map loads: 2 minutes later=> evryone rtv'd : new vote: new dr map => ...

pr1mus da scr1pt

Rage-Inducing Forum Troll
4 DR maps in a row, gets rtv'd within 10 minutes each time, majority of the maps you can vote for are DR, this is bad.

butterfingersman

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
Hey, I never said I was against change. I'm one hundred percent for moving DR to it's own server. I just was saying that there has been lots of complaint threads over DR today.

THEK

Truly Feared Pyro
Contributor
Can't you, as a temporary solution, remove all DR maps except 1. Then the people with DR fetishes get their fix, but us that hate them know that we can play a different map.

Or remove them completely, as everyone seemed fine without them before.

D

DeadHerald

We don't have any room in EU, I would have to order another machine which is why I need time to think about it.

Or you could just dump the maps and stop wasting our time with your concerns about nublets and the traffic figures they generate. >_<

Isil

Epic Skial Regular
Can't you, as a temporary solution, remove all DR maps except 1. Then the people with DR fetishes get their fix, but us that hate them know that we can play a different map.

this is a good idea.