hatschler

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
The map only has one spawnpoint, so both red and blue players will spawn at the exact same position and - since the server has collisions with the enemy team on - you'll first need to somehow glitch yourself out of the the other players. The surf also is fairly short and theres no jail. Once you then get to the end your game will just crash. In the one round I played the map there were multiple people complaining about their games crashing.

I appreciate new maps getting added, but not this one. There were so many suggestions on the forum for new surf maps and the one that gets added is a cs port that clearly isnt made for a combat surf server.

The map pool at the moment is pretty small and theres some maps that are basically just an arena (surf revolution, surf greatriver).

crit_01

Mildly Menacing Medic
out of all the maps to possibly ever be added, this is the last map (especially how it was executed) I would ever expect to be added.
skial pls fix

as kingfin said, its best if we had more maps that are orient themselves as a combat surf and skillful surf, rather than just a skill surf map with broken spawns etc.

Reactions: surfing cyanide

surfing cyanide

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
  • Skill surf map not designed for combat
  • Spawn becomes a broken, unplayable mess as a result
  • No jail - go right back to spawn if you fall
  • Broken and poor quality port of a counter-strike map
  • Elements of the original map from cs are downgraded graphically, map looks and plays worse than the original
  • Causes crashes to player clients
Would be cool to see an adapted version of this map designed for combat surf, (with permission from the original mapper of course),
but as it stands right now, this map does not belong on the combat surf server at all.