Taconinja

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I started noticing this a while ago, and it's becoming a real problem. People have noticed that instead of voting "no" on something, they can just simply not vote.
For example, the other day there were like 3 guys that came on the server who would not stop talking and making annoying sounds. Everyone wanted to mute them, but the vote would fail due to those 3 not voting and then a few afks. I say remove this so you can vote by getting a majority, instead of needing the entire server.

Taconinja

But that could allow for abuse and I bet that's why the minimum number of votes requirement is in place.
then let people vote no if it's abuse. Don't make this feature that allows lots of valid votes fo fail.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
The reason we have that limit in place is so people don't abuse it. Which could happen if there are less than 10 people.

If people aren't voting yes or voting at all its either not a problem or they don't care about it.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
In addition to that, you could always just report someone if they're breaking rules.

Taconinja

The reason we have that limit in place is so people don't abuse it. Which could happen if there are less than 10 people.

If people aren't voting yes or voting at all its either not a problem or they don't care about it.
But like I said, there are usually AFK people, or people who are friends with that person who dont vote. If you don't want to remove the limit, at least reduce it so we don't have to listen to some screaming idiot for two hours like I did this morning.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
But like I said, there are usually AFK people, or people who are friends with that person who dont vote. If you don't want to remove the limit, at least reduce it so we don't have to listen to some screaming idiot for two hours like I did this morning.
Use a client mute then. Or report them like I said. Or call an admin. There are plenty of ways to take care of rule breakers than just calling vote mutes. Besides, they can just come back in half an hour and start doing the same thing again.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
I rather client mute someone than listen to someone scream for 2 hours. but that is just me.

There is nothing wrong with the limit. Most of the time the hale servers and trade servers are full and if you can't get 10 people to vote then its not going to happen.

Bottiger

Administrator
The minimum limit is there because it is quite easy to get 4 friends on the server to mute or ban anyone you like whether or not they deserve it.

If you want to mute them then do a client mute.

Otherwise file a report.

Taconinja

The minimum limit is there because it is quite easy to get 4 friends on the server to mute or ban anyone you like whether or not they deserve it.

Otherwise file a report.
Could this limit possibly be reduced? in the time since I made this suggestion, I haven't seen one vote actually pass yes or no, out of over 20 votes that have been called. It always ends up around 10 votes short.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
Could this limit possibly be reduced? in the time since I made this suggestion, I haven't seen one vote actually pass yes or no, out of over 20 votes that have been called. It always ends up around 10 votes short.

Otherwise file a report.

Taconinja

So you guys are basically saying that you allow the votemenu to be pointless so that people don't abuse it. Why even have a votemenu?

Cyber Demon

I would rather vote "No" to get rid of the vote message rather than leave it on the screen for like 30 seconds to go away.
Unless you meant not voting will also count as a "No" vote, then I don't really see why not.