Taconinja

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
I started noticing this a while ago, and it's becoming a real problem. People have noticed that instead of voting "no" on something, they can just simply not vote.
For example, the other day there were like 3 guys that came on the server who would not stop talking and making annoying sounds. Everyone wanted to mute them, but the vote would fail due to those 3 not voting and then a few afks. I say remove this so you can vote by getting a majority, instead of needing the entire server.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Last I checked only a certain number of votes is needed, not the votes of the entire server.

Last edited:

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
If that option is removed, they can still choose not to vote which would make removing the "no vote" option pointless to begin with. Besides, TapTap is right. A vote passes/fails on the majority of yes/no votes entered.

Last edited:

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
That doesn't make any sense. If you remove the No option then all you can do is vote yes. Which would make every single Vote come out positive.

I am pretty sure it only counts actual votes. For example. There are 10 people in the server. 5 people vote yes, 3 people vote no. 2 people didn't vote.
That would make a 62.5% yes vote and 37.5% voted no. It doesn't count the two people that didn't vote.

Renegade

Australian Skial God
Contributor
That doesn't make any sense. If you remove the No option then all you can do is vote yes. Which would make every single Vote come out positive.

I am pretty sure it only counts actual votes. For example. There are 10 people in the server. 5 people vote yes, 3 people vote no. 2 people didn't vote.
That would make a 62.5% yes vote and 37.5% voted no. It doesn't count the two people that didn't vote.
I think he meant that there's a "yes", "no", and then "no vote" option.

Taconinja

There isn't a no vote option? You just don't vote yes or no.
Exactly. People don't vote, and there is a set number of votes required based on the number of people in the server. You need almost everyone to make a vote for it to pass, whether or not there is a majority of yes votes.

TapTap

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor
Exactly. People don't vote, and there is a set number of votes required based on the number of people in the server. You need almost everyone to make a vote for it to pass, whether or not there is a majority of yes votes.

I think this sums it up pretty well.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor

There isn't a set number of votes there is a set percentage it has to pass.

Taconinja

There isn't a set number of votes there is a set percentage it has to pass.
Yes, there is a set percentage of people on the server who need to vote for it to work. Otherwise, you get a message like this:
[SM] No option won the vote (75 required, 63 received)

Taconinja

It doesnt matter if every single one of those 63 votes are yes, it doesnt pass the vote.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
[SM] No option won the vote (75 required, 63 received)

You understand that this means?:

75% of all players must vote yes for the vote to pass, but only 63% of them did.

You are apparently still falsely lead to believe those are the number of players instead of the percentages.

Taconinja

Since you guys apparently think i don't know what im talking about, heres a copypaste from the console when we tried to votemute someone. As you can clearly see, only 1 person voted no, yet the vote didnt pass.
Ignacio<3167><[U:1:82162104]><> started a vote.
*DEAD* Taconinja #bodyshottaunter : votemute scotty
[SM] Vote cast for Yes.
*DEAD* Taconinja #bodyshottaunter : yes
[SM] Vote cast for Yes.
[SM] Vote cast for Yes.
[SM] Vote cast for Yes.
[SM] Vote cast for Yes.
[SM] Vote cast for Yes.
[SM] Vote cast for Yes.
*DEAD* Taconinja #bodyshottaunter : vote yes i swear to god
Ignacio : cya...
*DEAD* theCalebRyan : lol
*DEAD* Taconinja #bodyshottaunter : watch
New to Skial? Learn rules, /votemenu /report and more by typing /help
Ignacio : idiot
*DEAD* Taconinja #bodyshottaunter : no option won the vote
*DEAD* Taconinja #bodyshottaunter : how much u wanna bet
Slem Shedy : shut up nerd
[SM] Vote cast for No.
Trade: Sell [H] Grey Goo retaled code region free [W] keys
Type /r to reply
[SM] No option won the vote (10 votes required, 7 received)

Taconinja

If there are more no votes than yes, it will say: "No" won the vote with x amount of votes

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
Ohh yeah you need at least 10 people to vote. but you need a percent for it to pass.

But if you remove the no option from the vote menu than it will be a 100% yes every single time

Taconinja

Ohh yeah you need at least 10 people to vote. but you need a percent for it to pass.

But if you remove the no option from the vote menu than it will be a 100% yes every single time
Im not saying dont let people vote no. I'm saying make it so it doesnt require a certain number of people to vote for it to pass.

T-Wayne

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
Im not saying dont let people vote no. I'm saying make it so it doesnt require a certain number of people to vote for it to pass.
But that could allow for abuse and I bet that's why the minimum number of votes requirement is in place.

Terrapieseven

Uncharitable Spy
I've seen votes fail because the number of votes required is higher than the number of people on the server, even if everyone voted yes