Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DeadHerald

As I expected, these symbols are being used to troll topics and troll users and are causing more harm then good here. We should go back to the old system where if you liked something you said so and if you disliked something you couldn't click a button to insult the poster.

(cYs) Del Piero

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Contributor
Since we spent 30 USD on this it would be a pitty if we threw them out of the window.
I agree though that they negative ratings get abused. But who cares? It's just ratings. I don't give a damn when Killerman gives me an "old" rating just because he feels like trolling.
The positive ratings are nice :)

D

DeadHerald

I don't think we should offer a feature if it's being abused en masse.

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor
If you don't like it... Just don't look at it.

My philosophy on life is that if somebody's trying to bother you, reacting to them is just letting them win.

D

DeadHerald

who cares? its for fun. it has no effect on you at all

take Roman for example. Everyone dumbed his posts. and no one thinks hes more dumb now then before

That was a goof and you know it.

More often then not, people spam that shit to troll people. Get them pissed off so that they can attack them, and then the victim catches all the blame.

Or are you all new to this intrawebz thing?

GhostDragon505

Epic Skial Regular
Contributor

More often then not, people spam that shit to troll people. Get them pissed off so that they can attack them, and then the victim catches all the blame.

The Aimbot is all knowing, always used to intrawebz. I see no problem with it(except when it becomes constantly used)

[TC]CreepingDeath

Legendary Skial King
Contributor

Takes a whole lot more than a forum post to get me pissed off. Lol

D

DeadHerald

Well let's just use my first post here as an example. 5 disagrees, fair enough. I don't expect people to agree with everything I say. 1 informative, thank you. And then we have 3 trolls and 3 dumbs. How can I view that as anything but a personal attack when I have a well thought out argument which is clearly not dumb, and I never intended to troll and am pointing out a trolling problem to boot?

As we can see clearly, this system is being majorly abused.

Enigma

Server-Clearing Cynic
Contributor
And then we have 3 trolls and 3 dumbs. How can I view that as anything but a personal attack when I have a well thought out argument which is clearly not dumb.
In your opinion it is not dumb, but in theirs it is. Besides, even if they are trolling you then it is your choice whether or not to pay attention to them.

Brick

Positively Inhumane Poster
Contributor
As Piero stated, the big man spent real money on this, it won't be going anywhere for awhile.
Though it obviously does need some tweaking when it comes to the dumb and troll options.

And if you really want to know about Roman's "Dumb" count, ask Anya.

D

DeadHerald

In your opinion it is not dumb, but in theirs it is. Besides, even if they are trolling you then it is your choice whether or not to pay attention to them.

As always in the internet and in real life. It is customary for onlookers to side with the offenders in the hopes that they will not become the next target.

Opinion, be damned. If you want to take the literal definition of dumb, which is a being unable to communicate in any meaningful fashion, then clearly it's not dumb as I have well articulated my point. But if you care to take the figurative approach, dumb as a synonym for stupid, then again it fails for the same reason. I have well articulated my point. Trolls are not people to be embraced and coddled. They are to be whipped with shoe leather and brought in line, because their parents obvious failed to bring them up properly. And your "suggestion" that I simply ignore it, doesn't wash. For one, the trolling isn't directed at you. Secondarily, I have as much right to respond to idiocy(With the aforementioned shoe leather) as they have to dribble it from their maws. And thirdly, I don't care to have you tell me what to do, anyway.

The minute people stop allowing this bullshit to run rampant and do something about it, the better this world will be.

ArF

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
. And your "suggestion" that I simply ignore it, doesn't wash. For one, the trolling isn't directed at you.

Trolling existed before this new thing was implemented, and everyone has been trolled before. Ignore it
Also, I'm pretty sure the people who listed it as dumb thought it was silly how you get so worked up about a little thing that shows under your post.

KillerZebra

Forum Admin
Contributor
As always in the internet and in real life. It is customary for onlookers to side with the offenders in the hopes that they will not become the next target.

Opinion, be damned. If you want to take the literal definition of dumb, which is a being unable to communicate in any meaningful fashion, then clearly it's not dumb as I have well articulated my point. But if you care to take the figurative approach, dumb as a synonym for stupid, then again it fails for the same reason. I have well articulated my point. Trolls are not people to be embraced and coddled. They are to be whipped with shoe leather and brought in line, because their parents obvious failed to bring them up properly. And your "suggestion" that I simply ignore it, doesn't wash. For one, the trolling isn't directed at you. Secondarily, I have as much right to respond to idiocy(With the aforementioned shoe leather) as they have to dribble it from their maws. And thirdly, I don't care to have you tell me what to do, anyway.

The minute people stop allowing this bullshit to run rampant and do something about it, the better this world will be.

Reactions: DrRuelel
Status
Not open for further replies.