blinds

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
When some people are death, they killbind, which ends the round prematurely. If there was an opt out system, this problem would be removed, because people who want to be hale won't killbind.

caya

Unremarkable User
+1 The most annoying thing is when hales killbind right before red team wins, or right before red team is going to play a minigame. It's the worst on maps like neonoir where it's hard to get to the minigame. It's just salty hales griefing.

KinCryos

TF2 Admin
Contributor
Mapper
The most annoying thing is when hales killbind right before red team wins
you do realize that Hale dying means RED team wins anyway. shaving a second or two is the complete opposite of letting the timer run out

「Coronarena」

you do realize that Hale dying means RED team wins anyway. shaving a second or two is the complete opposite of letting the timer run out
I think he might mean in maps where minigames exist, and Hale decides he doesn't want to let them play a minigame.

blinds

yea, like when hales killbind when they fail to kill someone at the end of neonoir

worMatty

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Mapper
I thought there was a way to set your preference in VSH to not become Hale? Do you folks have any thoughts on why these people don't use it? Inadequate communication? Confusing commands? I'm interested in preventing the same problem in a plugin of my own.

blinds

is the command just !noboss? and, what about hales killbinding? i just joined the deathrun server and hales can still killbind

Last edited:

worMatty

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Mapper
Considering this thread is about the lack of protection against activator suicide, I suspect they can indeed kill themselves using a command.

Maximus7

Uncharitable Spy
This is definitely not fixed - how is it marked as already done? It only prevents kill binding for like 5 seconds after the round begins.

Bottiger

Administrator
I don't see the point in preventing someone from killing themselves. If they can't do that they will just reconnect. It is impossible to force someone to play as Hale if they don't want to.

It is marked as already done because there's already an option to avoid being hale.

Maximus7

Uncharitable Spy
I don't see the point in preventing someone from killing themselves. If they can't do that they will just reconnect. It is impossible to force someone to play as Hale if they don't want to.

It is marked as already done because there's already an option to avoid being hale.

Hales that don't use the /resetq command should probably be forced to live with it though. Hales that kill bind after the round starts only waste playing time and annoy players.