Verdessence

Somewhat Threatening Sniper
i dont get why a bad map is in skial, the memes are stale and 2020ish, no one will relate to it
the design is boring and minigames bore people off, it can contribute to losing people on the server, it can also set a bad example within deathrun as a whole, ruining it forever if a massive youtuber covers this map and its fanbase would think that "wow this map is deathrun? shit" ruining it forever

Water!

+1 no idea why skial still has the most horribly made maps like gayrun and ancient memes, yet still hasnt added pyscopat

Reactions: Aspen Willow

arctic dino

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Mapper
I'd say remove ancient memes as well because that shit's extremely overplayed. And the only good thing about it is that you can shoot Hale in the dick at spawn.

The Best Bast

I'd say remove ancient memes as well because that shit's extremely overplayed. And the only good thing about it is that you can shoot Hale in the dick at spawn.
Empirically, maps only get removed or added based on popularity and player support, so that's pretty contradictory to want a map removed because it's too popular.

But I agree that since the last map rotation overhaul, the lack of variety in played maps is a bit heavy and has been hurting the Deathrun experience. Led to me taking a break from the mode altogether. Even as an Ancient Memes lover, it just gets too much when it is voted for on cooldown every hour and a half, and then extended half the time. Which is why I don't think Gayrun should be removed either : map variety is in such a state that even the latter appears to be a breath of air when voted for, since it's not that picked.

Verdessence

Empirically, maps only get removed or added based on popularity and player support, so that's pretty contradictory to want a map removed because it's too popular.

But I agree that since the last map rotation overhaul, the lack of variety in played maps is a bit heavy and has been hurting the Deathrun experience. Led to me taking a break from the mode altogether. Even as an Ancient Memes lover, it just gets too much when it is voted for on cooldown every hour and a half, and then extended half the time. Which is why I don't think Gayrun should be removed either : map variety is in such a state that even the latter appears to be a breath of air when voted for, since it's not that picked.
we're talking about the impression of deathrun to new players, if we have this type of map also representing the deathrun community it can look bad, unlike ze which has little to no meme maps which does not ruin the reputation of the community, just add maps like minecraft land or good ones like safety first it can improve the look of it and not be doomed for the future, sure players go down a bit but that's normal for servers, the server is expecting unrealistic expectations like having a populated server all the time

Reactions: Lord Zuko

Lord Zuko

Sufficiently Lethal Scout
we're talking about the impression of deathrun to new players, if we have this type of map also representing the deathrun community it can look bad, unlike ze which has little to no meme maps which does not ruin the reputation of the community, just add maps like minecraft land or good ones like safety first it can improve the look of it and not be doomed for the future, sure players go down a bit but that's normal for servers, the server is expecting unrealistic expectations like having a populated server all the time

exactly. even the meme maps in ze (krusty krab for example) that are on skial actually have some effort put into them. deathrun maps however have just devolved into (usually) one, shitty texture copy-pasted throughout a corridor with the amount of runners exceeding the amount of traps with players only needing to go one by one to beat the map. even with the "50/50 door" (which is a horrid addition to deathrun as its merely based off of luck & not skill), players only lose on these type of maps because either they all got tricked into one trap that is overpowered, or because they're trying to kill each other because they think they're funny.

for example, in ancient memes, a select few people will absolutely demand hale activate the trimp feature of the map which allows them to get into the hale room so they can either activate all the traps instantly or try and betray the people playing spy (and will scream and cry when hale doesn't activate trimp).

now before the argument can be made of "well playstation & roblox aren't corridor maps yet they're extremely popular", you also must note that people love exploiting those two maps in particular. in playstation there is the spy spot which almost all spies congregate (and usually get reported for). in roblox, there are numerous instances of people griefing two specific platforms which cause people who are unable to time the jump correctly to fall down and die.

due to the popularity of the maps, I don't think they will be removed at all. One thing the ZE community did to reduce the amount of times a bad map would be played was to ask for a longer map cooldown...however if I know the DR US server as well as I think I do, they'll just insta-rtv all of the maps to get back to ancient memes because "muh trimp"

Water!

exactly. even the meme maps in ze (krusty krab for example) that are on skial actually have some effort put into them. deathrun maps however have just devolved into (usually) one, shitty texture copy-pasted throughout a corridor with the amount of runners exceeding the amount of traps with players only needing to go one by one to beat the map. even with the "50/50 door" (which is a horrid addition to deathrun as its merely based off of luck & not skill), players only lose on these type of maps because either they all got tricked into one trap that is overpowered, or because they're trying to kill each other because they think they're funny.

for example, in ancient memes, a select few people will absolutely demand hale activate the trimp feature of the map which allows them to get into the hale room so they can either activate all the traps instantly or try and betray the people playing spy (and will scream and cry when hale doesn't activate trimp).

now before the argument can be made of "well playstation & roblox aren't corridor maps yet they're extremely popular", you also must note that people love exploiting those two maps in particular. in playstation there is the spy spot which almost all spies congregate (and usually get reported for). in roblox, there are numerous instances of people griefing two specific platforms which cause people who are unable to time the jump correctly to fall down and die.

due to the popularity of the maps, I don't think they will be removed at all. One thing the ZE community did to reduce the amount of times a bad map would be played was to ask for a longer map cooldown...however if I know the DR US server as well as I think I do, they'll just insta-rtv all of the maps to get back to ancient memes because "muh trimp"
Unfathomably based. There has not been a single game of dr_playstation where there hasnt been a retard doing the spy exploit. Atleast its fun shredding the 100% when they pick johnny for the 1209812409 time :).

• Love
Reactions: Lord Zuko