Sore

Spectacularly Lethal Soldier
Hiya guys, it's me sore. AKA sorelight.
I was basically sad that dr_supermonkeyball was such a classic tf2 map that has stayed long enough in skial map pool than classic tf2 old deathrun map that survived a little

However, there was a few issues in dr_supermonkeyball that it was enough already to be removed But Jermaphobe was supposed to fix it, like in weekend or something, he can't promise. But Cream Tea quickly fixed it and sent it to bottiger but it wasn't actually got replaced and fixed. So anyways, i decided to make a suggestion but the votes don't matter. This is about re-adding the map back.

This map "dr_supermonkeyball_skial" fixes such issues. if you found any issues, please dm me or Cream Tea.

Download link:

https://mega.nz/file/pdADGYrQ#_JZLHHUA1VGc0vAKu4j4oNR_Wcw_e5bi5fy1fM6bTAA

InfinityGene

Banned
Contributor
Hiya guys, it's me sore. AKA sorelight.
I was basically sad that dr_supermonkeyball was such a classic tf2 map that has stayed long enough in skial map pool than classic tf2 old deathrun map that survived a little

However, there was a few issues in dr_supermonkeyball that it was enough already to be removed But Jermaphobe was supposed to fix it, like in weekend or something, he can't promise. But Cream Tea quickly fixed it and sent it to bottiger but it wasn't actually got replaced and fixed. So anyways, i decided to make a suggestion but the votes don't matter. This is about re-adding the map back.

This map "dr_supermonkeyball_skial" fixes such issues. if you found any issues, please dm me or Cream Tea.

Download link:

https://mega.nz/file/pdADGYrQ#_JZLHHUA1VGc0vAKu4j4oNR_Wcw_e5bi5fy1fM6bTAA
Did you ask permission from the map maker "GeeNoVoid" to edit this map? Because they made it clear on the Gamebanana page for this map to ask for permission to edit the map (And you already know that didn't work out before when you never got permission)

Furthermore, you haven't mentioned exactly "what" the fixes are. Simply saying "Oh it's fixed" isn't sufficient enough, so it would be helpful to say what exactly is fixed/modified.

Until you can answer them, I'm a -1 for this suggestion

Sore

Did you ask permission from the map maker "GeeNoVoid" to edit this map? Because they made it clear on the Gamebanana page for this map to ask for permission to edit the map (And you already know that didn't work out before when you never got permission)
I'm waiting for a Cream Tea response. I asked him. What would happen if you release a edited map without permission? I'm curious.

Furthermore, you haven't mentioned exactly "what" the fixes are. Simply saying "Oh it's fixed" isn't sufficient enough, so it would be helpful to say what exactly is fixed/modified.
1699988595372.png

Also Hale will have health boost like office.
Cream Tea said he fixed bunch issues, that's what i mentioned nothing pretty much also I'll ask Cream tea to list fixes

InfinityGene

Banned
Contributor
I'm waiting for a Cream Tea response. I asked him. What would happen if you release a edited map without permission? I'm curious.
I'm not sure about the way you're wording that statement there, since it sounds like you're attempting to say "Well nothing is gonna happen if we don't have permission", which once again shows that you have no interest in asking for permission from the "original" map maker

Also Hale will have health boost like office.
Cream Tea said he fixed bunch issues, that's what i mentioned nothing pretty much also I'll ask Cream tea to list fixes
Would definitely appreciate a full list of fixes rather than a screenshot from a Discord DM if you're gonna properly outline what you've changed

Sore

I'm not sure about the way you're wording that statement there, since it sounds like you're attempting to say "Well nothing is gonna happen if we don't have permission", which once again shows that you have no interest in asking for permission from the "original" map maker
Nope
I was asking, I asked Cream Tea if he have asked permission to do this but no response and offline

Also, i wanted to ask a question that i don't know what would happen if you release a edited dr map on map pool without permission?

Would definitely appreciate a full list of fixes rather than a screenshot from a Discord DM if you're gonna properly outline what you've changed
Cream Tea is offline. You can be patient.

InfinityGene

Banned
Contributor
It's like I want see what would happen
Well I'm simply inform the original map maker that you haven't requested permission to edit their map. And they may very well complain and request the map to not be approved (Or removed if it's added)

Reactions: Sore

worMatty

Notably Dangerous Demo-Knight
Mapper
What would happen if you release a edited map without permission? I'm curious.

Modifying someone's work without their blessing, when it could so easily be sought, is disrespectful and damages the relationship with the mapper. Ideally you want people to feel like their work is appreciated so they will keep making more stuff for you to play, or might help you out when you have a problem. So while there's no real protection against editing someone's work, there are potential reputational and relationship damages.

You may also find yourself in a situation where there are multiple versions of a map floating around, with different levels of quality, taking up more hard drive space and causing confusion. Edits have often been inferior to the original. It's far better for the OG mapper to update their work centrally so it can be distributed as the definitive, universal, fixed and improved version for all servers.

Of course, the situation is different if the map is effectively 'abandoned'.

GeeNo is a colleague of mine and he says he's not been approached by anyone.

Whatever problems this map has could possibly be fixed using a server-side Stripper config, which would not require the map to be edited. Or the OG author could be persuaded to let someone competent update it on their behalf.

Bloodpop

Uncharitable Spy
Sup
If you let me know what's wrong with the map, I'd be happy to go back and do some fixes so it's updated everywhere.
I would suggest extending the map and adding some parkour parts, and fixing bugs that were on the old version.

InfinityGene

Banned
Contributor
Me again, I've updated the map with fixes and other small changes. Shout at me in my steam profile comments if something's broken again.
Gamebanana
Workshop
Awesome and thank you very much for fixing the issues with it! This is exactly why you contact the original map makers, because they may be more than happy to make those changes (But of course, you need to reach out and ask) - +1

Sore

https://gamebanana.com/mods/74594
Supermonkeyball has been updated, fixing the bugs and balance changes, I apologize that I never knew you can't edit the map without permission. I do not want cause any troubles.

This map is good, actually fits on skial map pool. I doubt why it was removed. Anyways, the map got updated.

1700050394706.png

Sore

Made a new suggestion, cancelleing this suggestion because the map published a new fix

InfinityGene

Banned
Contributor
https://gamebanana.com/mods/74594
Supermonkeyball has been updated, fixing the bugs and balance changes, I apologize that I never knew you can't edit the map without permission. I do not want cause any troubles.

This map is good, actually fits on skial map pool. I doubt why it was removed. Anyways, the map got updated.

+1

Appreciate the update to the map, GeeNo. And we'll be sure to let you know if any more issues come up at all. Glad we got in touch with you!

• Love

Bloodpop

Uncharitable Spy
I would normally give this a -1 but since it was fixed then +1

Also didn't you already have a suggestion named "Re-add back dr_supermonkeyball and replace dr_supermonkeyball_v4_3 to dr_supermonkeyball_skial"